Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal trainers!

Options
  • 14-06-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all!

I'm trying to find info on how this is arranged and would really appreciate some help if anyone out there has answers to my questions!

Regarding insurance, I know that a personal trainer will have to be insured but how would this work if the trainer is working for a limited company?
    Would the trainers insurance be enough or would the company need to get insurance to cover the trainer or both?

When it comes to getting insurance, do they require specific certifications? Would international ones suffice or do they prefer some of the Irish certs? (If so, any tips on which would be great!).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

fit pro in the uk do much of the insurance for trainers and why would a trainer be working for a company and still require their own instrance? Normally the fitness company would cover them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Transform wrote: »
    Normally the fitness company would cover them?
    Nope , normally the company covers themselves , we where always told by the ntc to get our own personal cover . It’s very rare to hear of any one being sued successfully but there have been a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Recovered

Thanks for the responses! Will check out Fit pro and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

http://www.balens.co.uk might be another one to check out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

DubFit wrote: »
    http://www.balens.co.uk might be another one to check out

Thats the one the NTC always plug.

Are they cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Zamboni wrote: »
    Thats the one the NTC always plug.

Are they cheap?
    I think one of the girls is paying 120 for the year to cover her teaching classes on her own so it's not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Transform wrote: »
    fit pro in the uk do much of the insurance for trainers and why would a trainer be working for a company and still require their own instrance? Normally the fitness company would cover them?

+1 for fitpro

Advertisement