Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on Peugeot 307

• 14-06-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Opportunity has come up to buy an 04 1.4 diesel 307. I need a diesel due to the amount of mileage I do. Getting a very good price and I know the car is well serviced.

I was just wondering what peoples opinions of 307s are. Are they reliable? I think it gets around 60 miles per gallon.

Also, this may sound fairly shallow and whatnot, but I'm a 23 year old male. Would they generally be considered to be a girls car or anything? I mean, my aunt has one. I've never been too fussed about the looks of the car (which would be understandable if you knew my car history) but do many guys drive them? Obviously, this isn't high on my list of factors when choosing a car, but its still something I'm conscious of.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I had a 02 307 1.4 hdi which had done 100k with no major probs.
    The are easy on diesel but a little poor on performance....around 55-60 mpg
    The can be remapped from 70bhp to over 90bhp which should make a difference....drop links on the front suspensions may need replacement fairly often....there will be a knocking noise from the front.
    i know of a 307 1.4hdi which has 200k and still running...taxi...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

personally I wouldn't buy one, despite some people liking theirs. They're as risky as a Laguna as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

I had a 2002 XS model and sold it with 120k on the clock. I never had a bit of trouble with it and the guy I sold it has since put 10k miles on it trouble free. It's a very comfortable car and very economical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Collecting the car tonight in order to test drive it for a few days, see if I like it. Cheers for the help guys, I'll take all into account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Andy_R

I bought a new 307 1.4 HDI XS in 2004. It was a disaster, needed a new gearbox and a water pump within a year. At its next service the garage saw that the timing belt was degraded from the leaking water pump and was on the verge of failure. I traded it in before its second birthday as the warranty was due to expire. At that stage the dash display was telling me the oil sump was empty even though it wasn't and there was an airbag fault with new parts on order fot that. It was very ecomical on diesel. It was also slow but not so bad as to be dangerous. Later in 2004 Peugeot introduced the 1.6 HDI with 110 bhp instead of 70, I'd imagine it would be a much better drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

We had a 1.4L 302 petrol a few years back, never had any problems with it, put about 20K on the clock, we switched to a Mk5 Golf 1.4, a still miss the Pug!
    It doesn't feel as solid as the golf granted but it's huge by comparison and had a lot more bells and whistles as standard, you see a fair few males behind the wheels of them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ok, got the car last night. Drives very well, liking it so far. Few minor things would have to be sorted out, headlights aligned (I actually thought only one of them was working) and stuff like that.

I was just wondering, a few months ago I bought a new car stereo for my current car. Is it a big job to put it into the Peugeot? I mean, I know I might have to get the trim around it or whatever, but in terms of the existing radio display unit being on top of the dash, and the radio control stick beside the steering wheel. Would I be best leave it?

Normally I wouldn't mind, but the radio I bought has ports for my mp3 player or USB key, and its also a phone handsfree kit in itself

Advertisement