Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 1000 Rebelxs banjaxed question.

• 14-06-2009 4:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Way out of my depth and knowledge here but a friend recently bought one of these cameras on-line. It was working perfectly up until yesterday.
    The problem that he has now is this (anb I'm describing as best I can as I only do film myself): The camera will not operate on any of the Automatic settings at all. The Live-view and view finder are not working and the camera will not take a photo. If however one puts the camera into any of the Professional settings it is possible to take a picture as the Live view comes on, but the view finder still doesn't work.
    So to sum: camera's broken. It didn't get a knock and it was working.
    It won't co-operate whatsoever in Automatic modes.
    It will operate to a limited extent on Professional Modes.
    It was bought on-line but does have a 3 month warranty.

Is it broke or is there a magic button? Being a film person, using simple cameras, usually a few taps or whacks will do something but doesn't seem to work on Digital.
    What shop should he bring it too to have a look?
    Thanks.

Advertisement