Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video editing equivalent of lightroom

• 14-06-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi this may be the wrong place to ask but here goes.

I use lightroom on a mac.

Is there a similar type program for video editing?

I have adobe production suite (which I got for all the photo stuff and illustrator) and have premier pro etc but this is just too complicated for what I need (which is just home movie editing).

Imovie 08 doesnt recognise my HD clips on my cam.

Is there a lightroom equivalent type software for organising and also editing video clips and which will also deal with HD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

What aspects or functions of Lightroom would you like to see in a nonlinear editor?

What format are the clips your current camera generates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

sony vegas might do it? im 99% sure it works with hd anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

go buy yourself a book on prem pro, i taught myself the basics in 2 weeks from a dummies guide, its pretty easy when you get the hang of it, with the best results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if your on a mac you can use imovie

its a bit simple, but works

and as far as i know it comes with a mac,

I use final cut pro, which is as or more complicated than premier pro

but it is very very good

Use Premiere, its a great package and quite intuitive (well I thought so).

There are some good guides on the net as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 12 for my video editing....it'll handle HD content too (pretty handy as I've just bought a hd camcorder).

Edit: afaik the full Nero suite contains a video editing package too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Thanks for the replies!

I have premiere pro and I have imovie.

imovie aint great for its support of different file types and just found premiere pro a bit complicated appearing.

Was hoping for something a bit like lightroom that provides that kind of workflow experience except with movie files if you can get me.

Advertisement