Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prototype

Options
  • 14-06-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

So, is it any good and/or worth investing in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is it Assians creed 2, i'm a bit confused looks like the same charachter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd say rent it for a week or wait till it drops in price, I thought it would be a bit better. Some people have got it for €35 on Ebay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

is it Assians creed 2, i'm a bit confused looks like the same charachter

no its a different game altogether lol.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You'd probably finish it in that week too.
    Bought it today, fun game but nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's glitched on me once or twice where I had to restore from a checkpoint but otherwise it's a really fun game. Better than most of the stuff out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 thielfer

it's a kind of mix:

appeal - assassin's creed
    fighting/moves engine - wolverine origins
    some influences from mirror's edge, running on the walls, big jumps
    and "umbrella corporation" curse of a bunch of games released last time - mean virus and a'la zombies

just started to play - will write more when finish it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get it for the pc?was looking for it in game and gamestop neither had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone get it for the pc?was looking for it in game and gamestop neither had it.

Yeah runs very well. Excellent game lots of "hur hur hur squishy humans hur hur hur" moments. But the difficulty spikes are insane. Fight big hard monster eventually win get new power that makes fighting them one on one more even, THEN fight 10 big hard monsters at the same bleedin time!!!!

Some levels you complete simply by walking from A to B :confused:

Keyboard probably isnt the best way to control the game, you get used to it but reckon a pad would be better (ps2 pad has issues with it).

Still the "hur hur hur squishy humans hur hur" make it well worth a purchase.

I unlocked one of the domination(?) moves last night. lots more big spikes to impale the silly squishy humans. The over the top aspect of it is what I quite enjoy.

I'm not so far but that mayhem in military campus with following monsters was awesome...except that bleedin' "appearing from nowhere" soldiers :/

I understand that they are "consumables" xD but at least there should be cutscene like the one with monsters comin' through roof windows or something like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm a few levels in and it seems like great fun. Playing it on pc with 360 controller. Best way to play it I think :)

Yeah, I can't imagine playing it without a controller.
    I've gotten to the bit where
    you lose your powers
    That was unexpected and broke the (usually fun) repetition nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Praetorian wrote: »
    Playing it on pc with 360 controller. Best way to play it I think :)
    Hahah that's how all our designers played it, so you might be right :)

my logitech chillstream ps3/pc gamepad doesn't really co-operate with prototype :(

so imagine that....I play with keyboard and a mouse o_O

Im gonna see if they have this in town tomorrow,How do you hook your xbox controller up to your pc?

under windows xp or vista it should automatically install the device as windows has built-in driver for usb xbox gamepad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A dongle is needed for the wireless controller though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thielfer wrote: »
    my logitech chillstream ps3/pc gamepad doesn't really co-operate with prototype :(

Just use the logitech profiler to map the buttons

Also, yes you need a wireless dongle to connect a wireless 360 pad to a PC, you can pick them up in Smyths or HMV. If you don't want to have to buy one separate then just make sure to buy a wireless 360 controller that has "for windows" written on it. It will come bundled with the dongle and also will work with your 360.

Playing through Prototype still atm. Word of advice. Complete all of the military consume sub missions as soon as they unlock. Trying to complete them later on in the game is an absolute pain.

Also, if you are going for the collectable trophy, I'd recommend collecting all of them at once with some online guide, as it will take you twice as long later on in the game trying to remember if you already collected it.

A dongle is needed for the wireless controller though.

Where do I get one?a dongle that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Where do I get one?a dongle that is.
    I've only ever seen them in Harvey Normans strangley enough. They were bundled with a wireless controller for €25 on their 50% Off table. Might be worth a look there if you can't find it in GAME/Smyths/GameStop etc.

Online, everywhere seems to be out of stock - Gameplay, GAME, Play-Asia.

• Advertisement

Logitech mapping software doesn't even find the stuff that's already visible in gaming controllers section in control panel

it's not the first game that rejects that gamepad as it's made for PS3 only

it's just a strike of luck that windows recognizes him and lets you use it in most games

some of them think that it's pc version of chillstream and shows xbox pad layout what is really confusing and doesn'y help as well

believe me I tried many solutions
    it just works or not - this time unfortunately it doesn't work for prototype

it's not a problem for me anyway
    I enjoy keyboard and mouse as I play a lot of games this way

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P-Train

Finished the main story mode the other day, I really enjoyed playing it, but I think i'd only ever play it once, I'm considerin trading it back into gamesnash or somethin, invest in another game... But give Prototype a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Yup same here, just finished it and I'll trade it in (in) the next few days.

I have to say I'm quite enjoying it, the regular upgrades keep it interesting.

I'll probably finish it up this weekend. A mate is bringing back Ghostbusters from the states at the weekend too so yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Its actually good, its alot of fun, story is terrible though, i really don't care about the story or characters...like why would Alex's sister have a frickin safehouse!!

But it is fun jumping around smashing soldiers:)

didn't finish yet as I play at least five titles simultaneously (PC and PSP)

anyway if it helps someone - works perfect on Windows 7

almost everything works there - used beta version and now running

primary system on ReleaseCandidate1 Ultimate without any issues...

sorry for offtopic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

For those that have played Crackdown how does this compare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

quarryman wrote: »
    For those that have played Crackdown how does this compare?

Crackdown is a far superior game imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gerpir Feilan

I've finished both and I liked them both. U cant really compare. There are things which i liked and disliked in both. Will try Infamous 2night, seams to be way better than both 2gether.

• Advertisement
Advertisement