Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest 3Mbps DSL broadband provider

Options
  • 14-06-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So my da's exchange has been enabled and he's looking to get DSL in and move from mobile broadband.

He wants the cheapest bundle deal possible. Cap should be over 10gigs and speed around 3Mbps if possible. He's looking at Perlico at the moment. I think the customer service will be a bit crap and they probably aren't worth going with for the savings so would appreciate any reviews on whether they have gotten better on this front. Had awful problems with them before.

Phone calls should be anytime call packages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

thebman wrote: »
    Had awful problems with them before.

That should tell you all you need to know!

Use UTV myself, cheap and good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Onikage wrote: »
    That should tell you all you need to know!

Use UTV myself, cheap and good service.

Yeah I know (about Perlico), try telling my Da that though :D

I was looking at UTV already. They seem pretty cheap but caps aren't the best and my little brother is still at living at home and is a bit download heavy trying everything under the sun out on the computer.

Are Smart any good if you have an Eircom line? They seem to be a bit crap for phone packages but that is about it.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

thebman wrote: »
    Yeah I know (about Perlico), try telling my Da that though :D

I was looking at UTV already. They seem pretty cheap but caps aren't the best and my little brother is still at living at home and is a bit download heavy trying everything under the sun out on the computer.

Are Smart any good if you have an Eircom line? They seem to be a bit crap for phone packages but that is about it.

Have you thought about Magnet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Magnet are not clearly positioned in Bitstream.

Indeed if they are A Bitstream provider it would be nice to see the pricing and packages as Magnet are ( in my experience) a very good carrier...if you can get them that is :p

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Magnet are not clearly positioned in Bitstream.

Indeed if they are A Bitstream provider it would be nice to see the pricing and packages as Magnet are ( in my experience) a very good carrier...if you can get them that is :p

Is thebman definitely off our LLU footprint?

• Advertisement

Do you know of any LLU exchanges that have just been enabled? I assume it is bitstream only.

On UTV you can increase your cap on a month by month basis. Not the cheapest if you want a high cap all the time, but fine if you only want it occasionally. Maybe your little brother will figure out that the internet doesn't need backing up? Or maybe he'll just run out of space :)

Do you know of any LLU exchanges that have just been enabled? I assume it is bitstream only.

On UTV you can increase your cap on a month by month basis. Not the cheapest if you want a high cap all the time, but fine if you only want it occasionally. Maybe your little brother will figure out that the internet doesn't need backing up? Or maybe he'll just run out of space :)

Rathmines has just been upgraded to up to 24Mb, to thebman; where are you living?

Rathmines has just been upgraded to up to 24Mb, to thebman; where are you living?

Enabled, not upgraded. Rathmines was already enabled.

Smart are doing a 3MB bitstream product for about the same as UTV, unlimited download included by default:

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/residential_offnet/residential_offnet_compare.aspx

Not sure how much their anytime call package is.

Enabled, not upgraded. Rathmines was already enabled.

up to 24Mb now available in the area, whatever you want to call that.

• Advertisement

Sorry, misread the original post. If its a fresh exchange we can offer the bitstreem product. If anyone is interested i can pass on our bitstreem prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Please giz the Bitstream prices . Is it available on all NON unbundled eircom exchanges that have launched or is there a catch ??

eg Leenane and Ballyconneely and Kincasslagh :)

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Please giz the Bitstream prices . Is it available on all NON unbundled eircom exchanges that have launched or is there a catch ??

eg Leenane and Ballyconneely and Kincasslagh :)

The price is 40 per month for the up to 7.6Mb service, line rental is then payable to Eircom/reseller. Obviously the exchange needs to have been enabled for DSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Nah my da is not on an unbundled exchange, it has just come online and its in the middle of no place.

Rahan exchange, Offaly.

Advertisement