Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

berreta 686e sporting black

Options
  • 14-06-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

thinking of buying one to get into shooting clays but i also want to know if any one has one of these and uses it for game aswell is it a good all round gun,

also does anyone know any clay shooting clubs in the wicklow area that take on new(novice) members, been up to hilltop before they seem to be more into handguns than clays and courtlough is a bit of a trek.

going for a lesson on wednesday e75 plus supply your own cartridges,that sound right to anyone whos got lessons before,

any help be great.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

ronn wrote: »
    ........going for a lesson on wednesday e75 plus supply your own cartridges.........

How long is the lesson? Sounds like "Rip off Republic" is still going strong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

hi ronn ,if there was a lap dance included it sounds good value .

there is a few clubs in wicklow one in aughrim and another in arklow contact alan marshal 0402 33861 i shot some flappers years ago against him he is a handy shot .

also the 686 is a lovely firearm ,is a onyx if so i used one for years .

jw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 carlyboy

ive been goin to east coast gun club in roundwood for a couple of months now, much more reasonable that $75, really nice bunch of people, very relaxed, great sunday morning
    check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i use a 686e gold ,for both clays and game ,suits me down to the ground ,very happy with it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have a 682e gold and a 686e sporter. For the last 4 years never had a bother with it in either trap or game. Great all rounder and only 2 days ago got 5 new extended chokes to replace the 5 mobil flush fit chokes that came with the gun. The Black is a limited edition so called because of its black finished metal work. Plus its Beretta you can't go wrong no matter the model.

As for the price of the lessons. Seems steep at first but if you consider a lad taking half a day of his own time and letting you shoot through about 350 - 400 clays then it wouldn't be a bad price but only if you get a half day and 400 clays.

Other than that go for it you won't regret it.

Best of luck.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

the lesson is for an hour and the chap was recommened to me so i suppose ill go and check him out see how i get on.

ill enquire about the lap dance though,:D

thanks for the help

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

ezridax wrote: »
    As for the price of the lessons. Seems steep at first but if you consider a lad taking half a day of his own time and letting you shoot through about 350 - 400 clays then it wouldn't be a bad price but only if you get a half day and 400 clays.

You wouldn't get through 350/400 targets in one coaching session or at least you shouldn't. You'd be physically exhausted and you'd learn very little just throwing cartridges after that many clays non stop.
    You wouldn't even shoot 400 clays for €75 anywhere. For example Lakelands charges €7.50 per 25 without any instruction. Thats €30 per 100 or €120 for 400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Crested

also does anyone know any clay shooting clubs in the wicklow area that take on new(novice) members...

Lists of ICPSA clubs on this page. Any one of them should be willing to take on someone starting out.

http://www.icpsa.ie/contact_us.html

Originally posted by Pullandbang
    You wouldn't get through 350/400 targets in one coaching session or at least you shouldn't. You'd be physically exhausted and you'd learn very little just throwing cartridges after that many clays non stop.
    You wouldn't even shoot 400 clays for €75 anywhere. For example Lakelands charges €7.50 per 25 without any instruction. Thats €30 per 100 or €120 for 400.

You are obviously not aware of the concept of sarcasm. I suppose you'll tell jwshooter that not all sports grounds provide lap dances. I know that no-one starting off will shoot that many i was trying to get across the point of value for money as in that is what he could get.

And while i'm on the subject go to MNSCI. €3 per 15, €30 per 150, €75 per 375. Try it some weekend if you don't believe me.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

whats mnsci?

• Advertisement

Hey ronn,

M.N.S.C.I. - Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland. Its a fullbore, smallbore, shotgun and pistol range in Blueball a few miles outside of Tullamore (Offaly). Great facilities for all disiplines. The shotgun facilities are not fully up to par due to building work on the 1200 yard range but you can shoot away at DTL, Spring and teal, Balltrap, Crossers etc. Tom runs the shotgun every Sunday from 2:30pm. Walk ins are no problem. Membership not required. Cartridges can be bought on site. Plus there are a few national champions (in clays) that shoot there so no end of people to supply advice. I was there myself Sunday gone. Shot from 3 to 6:30. 200 - 230 clays. Cost €40.

ezridax wrote: »
    I suppose you'll tell jwshooter that not all sports grounds provide lap dances.

You obviously haven't been to Ashbourne on Weds evenings....... :)

Originally posted by pullandbang

You obviously haven't been to Ashbourne on Weds evenings....... smile.gif

No, but now i'm gonna.

Don't get too excited.....Big Dave's lap dances are not everyone's cup of tea.

Just back from my lesson the chap was very helpfull and patient with me, got a good few tips that will help me for clays and game shooting, and i even managed to hit a few clays,
    thanks for all your help lads

Nice one ronn. Stick with it. Everyone has to start somewhere. Eventually you won't be able to pull yourself away.

Best of luck.

Just back from my lesson the chap was very helpfull and patient with me, got a good few tips that will help me for clays and game shooting, and i even managed to hit a few clays,
    thanks for all your help lads

Another tip - you know those tips you got from the instructor? Write them down.
    Jot them down as bullet points on a piece of paper, keep it in your gun case and take it out and read it each time you go to shoot.

Advertisement