Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - how do I photoshop / photo retouch???

• 14-06-2009 6:57pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Long story short I was at a wedding and got some great photos - which I am delighted about. Unfortunately, I got a big spot on my face which looks even worse in photos than I thought it was on the day.

I now need to put these online, so vain as I am I want to try to do some very quick and basic retouching to get rid of the obvious red blotch.

Can anyone please help? What software package is easiest and how do I do it? I've used PSP, fireworks and photoshop a little before but yet to have a go at this.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Photoshop (or Lightroom) - Spot Healing Brush tool + google

GIMP will work as well (Ive done the above) and its free.

Lightroom and photoshop would be better though, however you have to pay for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

GIMP will work as well (Ive done the above) and its free.

Lightroom and photoshop would be better though, however you have to pay for them.

....unless you download the 30 day trials ;)

Nforce wrote: »
    ....unless you download the 30 day trials ;)

I am so not sneaky enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Just use any program and has a clone tool and soften the edges of the brush and clone in an area from elsewhere on your face with the same light falling on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

If you want to send the problem photos to me digitally - I will do the needful on photoshop for you - and I would be happy to do it!

Pm me if you still are in trouble

Keps(Brian)

Advertisement