Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you talk to yourself?

• 14-06-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

I talk to myself the whole time. I plan out conversations i know I'm going to have with certain people and i work out important decisions i am going to make. I think its better than sitting there thinking in silence. Does anyone else do this or am i just a fcukin freak?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Sometimes when I post on boards, I wonder if I'd be as well off talking to myself.

you are not alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Beyond the usual "Oh FFS" "Jaysus Christ this is some bullsh!t!" I dont really talk to myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

What? As in talk out loud to yourself? I dont talk out loud to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

super-rush wrote: »
    I talk to myself the whole time. I plan out conversations i know I'm going to have with certain people and i work out important decisions i am going to make. I think its better than sitting there thinking in silence. Does anyone else do this or am i just a fcukin freak?
    You realize your not gone unreg-ed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I've seen a lot of people walking about appearing to be talking to themselves. But then I see one of those little mobiles attached to their ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

All the time, I do the same with planning of conversations and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

GiftofGab wrote: »
    What? As in talk out loud to yourself? I dont talk out loud to myself

Yes out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't talk to myself out loud but I have conversations in my head with different versions of myself.

That's probably nuttier than talking out loud :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

no one else will talk to me, so yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

do you do it in a funny accent ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I don't talk to myself out loud but I have conversations in my head with different versions of myself.

That's probably nuttier than talking out loud :pac:
    I do the exact same thing, its strange, tghe same part of me seems to fix all of my problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Do that exact planning out conversations thing. Kinda freak myself out abit with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

How can you plan conversations if you dont know what the other person is gonna say???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Only when I ask myself a question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Whats this about then. Ah, a thread about talking to yourself. You talk to youself alot...infact you're doing it right now. And you typing what you're talking....aw dang :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Mostly just the usual but l do talk at the TV alot... "pft yeah right" "kill him!!" and that sort of thing, really bad habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I do if I'm walking along listening to music or something and there's something on my mind. I'll go through conversations that I've had or will have and the likes. It's not generally aloud though, I just move my lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Some days I think I am talking to myself, other days I know I'm talking to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead talks to himself quite a lot. Especially when people say nasty stuff about him on boards. Whenever that happens it's time to grit the teeth and start muttering.
    "Relax Pighead, keep your cool buddy. Don't satisfy them by calling them spanners and getting yourself banned. Be patient Pighead and we shall eventually get our revenge on these nasty people. We shall strike as they lie in their beds at night and then the taunting will stop."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I swear out loud at random when I think of things that annoy me. All the time. Can't stop doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i can do really good accents so id practise them out loud but i wouldnt talk to myself as such!

How can you plan conversations if you dont know what the other person is gonna say???:confused:

I do it for conversations with people i know really well, therefore i can guess what they are going to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Ganjahan, do we talk to ourselves?
    No not that I'm aware of.
    Ok, cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I talk to myself all the time and the answers appear in little yellow boxes. It's very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Every day without fail. Usually i'm ranting about something, only starts to get worrying if i answer myself back. . . :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I used to until that day where I got in a big argument with myself and then I punched myself and broke my nose. I refuse to speak to that prick ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

It's good to talk... to yourself*

*Who said that!

themadchef wrote: »
    Every day without fail. Usually i'm ranting about something, only starts to get worrying if i answer myself back. . . :o

Thats what i say if someone catches me doing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Yazacoo

Some of the best conversations I've ever had are with myself! :D

I wouldn't worry about it. I sometimes talk to myself when I get frustrated and start yelling about my mistakes
    "Ya stupid eejit!" kind of thing. It can go on too, like " OH you just HAD to put the paint there didn't you, you just had to LEAVE it there so it would destroy your new shirt"

I'd think to myself though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

It'd have been great if no one replied to this

brummytom wrote: »
    It'd have been great if no one replied to this

You sir are a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Not actively, but I think it is natural in moderation. Not if you constantly done it :)

"there now sparky, press the post quick reply button and see what happens"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

When in the car I never shut up, watching the other clowns go about their incredibly bad driving.:D:D I often wonder afterwards who the fu*k was watching hopefully nobody from the psychiatric team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I sing out loud if that counts.

I ventured into rapping once (when i was like 14) but randomers on the street kept making comments about me talking to myself so i don't do that anymore (i wasn't, i was freestlye rapping ffs!).

...also rap is gay.

• Advertisement

You sir are a legend

That's the first time I've been called something that ends with "end" that doesnt start with Bell

I would also have accepted

Are you talkin to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I'm the exact same. I imagine people I know in the room when I'm alone and have conversations I'm planning to have with them when I actually see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I talk to both myself and my dog - am I twice the freak!???

35notout wrote: »
    I talk to both myself and my dog - am I twice the freak!???

Only if the dog answers back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

I often talk to myself when drunk, usually in a pitiful attempt to convince myself i'm sober:(

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

brummytom wrote: »
    Only if the dog answers back

He only answers back when I am wrong - which, being a woman, I never am:D

35notout wrote: »
    He only answers back when I am wrong - which, being a woman, I never am:D

Bitch :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I talk to myself all the time. I even drift into those fictional conversations with friends and sometimes the results can even effect my mood! Sometimes I'll say something to myself and then burst out laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I talk to myself all the time. I even drift into those fictional conversations with friends and sometimes the results can even effect my mood! Sometimes I'll say something to myself and then burst out laughing.

Shhhuuuutttt up. You're making us look crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I often do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Yep I talk to myself in my head allllll the time. Normally it helps me think before I speak but then Im a bit of a yapper so some things just pop out of my mouth before the thought processes kick in. Or if Im miffed with someone Ill have a raging arguement with them in my head first & that way I have my smart retorts ready:D

It gets a bit scary though when Im doing the thinking & my lips are moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

i do admit that i talk out loud to myself when im on me own, but i dnt hav full on conversations with meself like " well how are u 2day....grand thanks" type thing....ye catchn me??

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Shhhuuuutttt up. You're making us look crazy.

I don't know whether I thanked you out of amusement, pity or pure jealousy.. but please accept it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I stopped talking to myself about 25 years ago, when I answered myself out loud....
    wasn't expectin it so it came as a shock..

• Advertisement
Advertisement