Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you talk to yourself?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yeah I do that too. My girlfriend often sees me talking to myself and laughs her ass off, claims she's seen loads of guys doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

Yes I do. My Dad does it a lot which is very irritating. One of my friends does it even out in public. I have to tell him to shut up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Talk to myself the whole time but never out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes, all the time.

I constantly explain things to myself that I already fully understand, it's weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

rednik wrote: »
    When in the car I never shut up, watching the other clowns go about their incredibly bad driving.:D:D I often wonder afterwards who the fu*k was watching hopefully nobody from the psychiatric team.

Same as that.I talk to myself in the car all the time. I can get from work to home, 22 miles, and not recall any of the journey....not even how many kids I drove over.

If a cop ever stopped me and asked me my business I'd probably tell him something about how Lost will end or why Bruce Willis would be a better Hannibal than Liam Neeson........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

YEP, Seen a sign for a schizophrenia meeting the other day. Was in 2 minds whether to go or not.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I do this far, far too much.

Often do so as if I'm talking to someone, yet most of the time I haven't got an actual person in mind. Today I'm hungover and found myself saying things out loud like "Ah I was a disaster last night" and "seriously, never drinking again, or at least I'm cutting down". I don't know why I have to say it out loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

stovelid wrote: »
    I often do.

This, I have to hear. What about?

'That would be an eccumenical matther doesn't count' :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

dont think so, no!

• Advertisement

Oh yes, certainly. I also get bouts of echolalia at times (where you say something and repeat it to yourself under your breath).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

Yeah, I'm the same can't explain it though. Maybe we're all just mad...:rolleyes:

cianl1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm the same can't explain it though. Maybe we're all just mad...:rolleyes:

Well I'm 99% sure I have Asperger Syndrome which would explain a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Yes.

Usually for various reasons. But I do it quite a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Same as that.I talk to myself in the car all the time. I can get from work to home, 22 miles, and not recall any of the journey....not even how many kids I drove over.

If a cop ever stopped me and asked me my business I'd probably tell him something about how Lost will end or why Bruce Willis would be a better Hannibal than Liam Neeson........

Yeah, but..that's like.. talking to the cop not yourself or have you multiple personalities?:P

/Liam Neeson is so wrong for that part:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Talking to oneself: The first sign of madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Yes, but not out loud, just in my head, and the odd important point out loud.

My friend saw me on the bus one day, but didn't shout over because it was packed. She told me afterwards she could see my mouthing words. So I bring a book now.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Talking to oneself: The first sign of madness.
    What if you ran backwards down the street naked singing the South Korean national anthem and then started talking to yourself. Still be the first sign?

Advertisement