Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

representation of dynamically added classes in structural diagrams

Options
  • 14-06-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I'm making some diagrams showing the structure of an application I've developed with C#. I'm showing inheritance and composition relationships between classes.

Say you have a method that adds an instance of a class B to a collection in class A. So class A can contain an instance of class B, but there is no property or field in class A showing this. How would you represent this in a class diagram?

Hope this is clear.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Surely the collection is an array that would represent this dependency?

Unless I am reading this wrong, it would be an aggregation association? By the way I guessing you doing this with UML2 class diagram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I'm using the class diagram designer in Visual Studio 2008.
    The classes concerned are silverlight. The collections are the contents of canvases etc. They can contain different types (any class that inherits from FrameworkElement as far as I remember).
    I hadn't included the canvases in the models as relations - been trying to keep the diagrams as simple as possible to keep them readable. I think if I include them though I can represent what I want..

Advertisement