Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Jol has been sacked

That's not good for us, new manger usually gives the players renewed vigor. Jol didn't look healthy, so I'm glad in that way that he got the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fulham will probably play out of their skins now on Wednesday night for the new man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Big Tom got his haircut today, himself and Livermore involved in the hammering of Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Big Tom got his haircut today, himself and Livermore involved in the hammering of Fulham.

Both having cracking seasons for Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hatch99 wrote: »

When will we get Livermore back, Jan?

• Advertisement

When will we get Livermore back, Jan?

Think it's the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »

Amazing the difference when players are allowed a bit of freedom. I remember cringing last season when Hudd's name was on the team sheet. He's on great form, as is Livermore. Big fish small pond?

Danny Murphy on MOTD "A lot of Spurs fans down at the Lane will agree with me, Tom is better than any of the midfielders they've signed"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Amazing the difference when players are allowed a bit of freedom. I remember cringing last season when Hudd's name was on the team sheet. He's on great form, as is Livermore. Big fish small pond?

Danny Murphy on MOTD "A lot of Spurs fans down at the Lane will agree with me, Tom is better than any of the midfielders they've signed"

Neither good enough for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

THFC wrote: »
    Neither good enough for Spurs.

True about Jake, but I think Hudd could have played a role as a squad player but understandably he wanted game time from the start. He is a classy footballer and his cameo against City last season showed what he could offer at a certain point in a game.

Hudd was far too slow and got dispossessed too easily. Livermore would be good backup, but isn't any better than what we already have

• Advertisement

Don't want to start a man city match thread (trust me if it rained soup, I'd have a fork) but it's looking like Negredo do is going to be out \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Someone just put up Arsenals Run of fixtures for Feb/March on facebook. It's actually terrifying in all comps they play Liverpool, Bayern, us, utd, chelsea and City. Couple of banana skins with Swansea, stoke and Sunderland.

If they come of of that still in the title race they bloody deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ziedth wrote: »
    Someone just put up Arsenals Run of fixtures for Feb/March on facebook. It's actually terrifying in all comps they play Liverpool, Bayern, us, utd, chelsea and City. Couple of banana skins with Swansea, stoke and Sunderland.

If they come of of that still in the title race they bloody deserve it.

Deserve? Blasphemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I know it doesn't matter a flying fcuk but I was just looking at the betting for the premier league outright. Not expecting us to win it and not willing to rule it out. Ya never know, Denmark won the european championship without even qualifying. Anyway, my point, Liverpool are about 16/1 to win it while Spurs are 66/1 on the same points. Is this crazy or is there a good reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I know it doesn't matter a flying fcuk but I was just looking at the betting for the premier league outright. Not expecting us to win it and not willing to rule it out. Ya never know, Denmark won the european championship without even qualifying. Anyway, my point, Liverpool are about 16/1 to win it while Spurs are 66/1 on the same points. Is this crazy or is there a good reason?

Liverpool do have an easier run in but they are well and truly out of it. I could see them going on a run but at least one of tye other three will too.

Having said that I was thinking about sticking a few quid on united just on the off chance it all clicks with Mata there. They are like 50/1 right? If they win the next 3 games (which are all fairly handy) then expect that to go down quite a bit. Could cash it in and make a few quid out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

£93 for a Liverpool fan to go to the away section at the emirates for the FA Cup.

What planet are these clubs living on? **** me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »
    £93 for a Liverpool fan to go to the away section at the emirates for the FA Cup.

What planet are these clubs living on? **** me.

That's actually mental! any idea what the cost is to Arsenal supporters?

I'm reading £35-£71 for home supporters but wouldn't be 100%.

The FA have rejected Loic Remys appeal against his red card meaning he will miss their game against us

Lukaku expected to miss the Everton game aswell due to injury.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Lukaku expected to miss the Everton game aswell due to injury.

Coleman might not make it back in time either.

Really hoping City hammer Chavski tonight. Sick of Mourinho and his bull****.

Really hoping City hammer Chavski tonight. Sick of Mourinho and his bull****.

Bet Chelsea park the bus like 19th century football

Bet Chelsea park the bus like 19th century football

Mourinho: ‘I don't think (Chelsea are parking the bus) because.... that has no relation to what the manager chooses but how the team plays'

Good man yourself!

http://twitter.com/NOT_MOTD/status/430413069169086464/photo/1

City looking all over the place. Shocked by how resilient Chelsea have been. So disappointed but City are always dangerous. Excellent game of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

City looking all over the place. Shocked by how resilient Chelsea have been. So disappointed but City are always dangerous. Excellent game of football.

City look a shadow of themselves without Aguero and Fernandinho.

I wish Demichelis was playing centre mid when we played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Chelsea went for it tonight,could have won by 3 with a bit more luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    Chelsea went for it tonight,could have won by 3 with a bit more luck.

Yeah they looked really good tonight, either way game did not mean much to us. Hate to say but will be hoping for Arsenal win on Saturday, feel really dirty saying that.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yeah they looked really good tonight, either way game did not mean much to us. Hate to say but will be hoping for Arsenal win on Saturday, feel really dirty saying that.

Was saying the same to Devo last night, we need Liverpool to start dropping points and hope we can throw a few wins together.

Advertisement