Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He is that, absolute scummer, but for selfish reasons I hope he doesn't miss this weekends game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Terrace Hate on C4, embarrassed to be a football fan, disgraceful carry on!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Wow, £50mil loss: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26433208

That'd be really worrying if suarez wasn't going to be sold in the summer, they do pay some of the highest wages in the league and haven't been having the best of times until recently so makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Wow, £50mil loss: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26433208

That'd be really worrying if suarez wasn't going to be sold in the summer, they do pay some of the highest wages in the league and haven't been having the best of times until recently so makes perfect sense.

That's up until May '13. They've signed some deals etc since then so I think financially won't be as bad come the next report.

Plus with most likely to get CL football I don't think Liverpool will have an issue regarding losses.

Chelsea not being one of the 70 odd clubs requiring more information regarding financials for FFP pisses me off though. But if they're complying with corrupt FIFA and UEFA then so be it.

Just seen there that Liverpool have had similar £50m losses for the past 3 financial years. Yet they've increased in revenue.

I fail to see how that's improving financials and in line with FFP. Sitting on £50 loss every season for 3 years isn't particularly healthy (£150m loss over the past 3 seasons).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

irishmover wrote: »
    Just seen there that Liverpool have had similar £50m losses for the past 3 financial years. Yet they've increased in revenue.

I fail to see how that's improving financials and in line with FFP. Sitting on £50 loss every season for 3 years isn't particularly healthy.

FFP is a farce, you notice players contracts are now being spread over 5-6 years instead of 3-4 to make the books look better

1544528_618468084904123_1909284427_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Just to top off a bad weekend, them up the road look like they will win a trophy this season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Just to top off a bad weekend, them up the road look like they will win a trophy this season now.

Yep was thinking the same earlier. really would round off a joke of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Any body looking at Cheltenham this week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

KingdomYid wrote: »

We thought that a few years ago too when they had Birmingham in the League Cup final.

Any body looking at Cheltenham this week??

Yep, day off Thursday and Friday, weather looks great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yep, day off Thursday and Friday, weather looks great too!

Share the winners, need a few bob for liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Given a tip of a triple of quevega (Tues), ballycasey (wed) and Annie power (Thurs). About 25-30/1

Doing it e/w

Don't shoot the messenger if all 3 come last

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Share the winners, need a few bob for liverpool

Baby mix EW in the last tomorrow. *disclaimer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Fighting cock podcast this week is pretty good.

Haven't really been on the Soccer forum much. Just went into it there and was looking at a few of the clubs threads.

Anyone else greatful of just how lucky we are to have a forum dedicated to just Spurs? Able to make a variety of different threads where most of the discussions are separated.

I for one don't know how supporters on the soccer forum are enjoying a thread entitled 'transfer gossip and other general club thread'

There could be 5 different discussions going on. Awful to try and keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Haven't really been on the Soccer forum much. Just went into it there and was looking at a few of the clubs threads.

Anyone else greatful of just how lucky we are to have a forum dedicated to just Spurs? Able to make a variety of different threads where most of the discussions are separated.

I for one don't know how supporters on the soccer forum are enjoying a thread entitled 'transfer gossip and other general club thread'

There could be 5 different discussions going on. Awful to try and keep up.

Maybe your getting too old to keep up? Still could be worse, I'v already gotten.

Ah seriously though your right.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Maybe your getting too old to keep up? Still could be worse, I'v already gotten.

Ah seriously though your right.

I am only 25. Being on opposite timezones doesn't help but go away for 12 hours come back and the thread has passed 8-9 pages and talking about something very different.

Atleast here if you've missed a day you can still pop on and see a topic discussed in a thread, pop on and know you're not too late to the discussion.

Considering there's less Spurs supporters on here than Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United thus the discussions would move at a faster pace, I'm surprised someone hasn't said something by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I am only 25. Being on opposite timezones doesn't help but go away for 12 hours come back and the thread has passed 8-9 pages and talking about something very different.

Atleast here if you've missed a day you can still pop on and see a topic discussed in a thread, pop on and know you're not too late to the discussion.

Considering there's less Spurs supporters on here than Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United thus the discussions would move at a faster pace, I'm surprised someone hasn't said something by now.

You're hardly the first ones to notice lads;) It's been brought up many time in the SF by disgruntled fans of other teams. Reason we have a dedicated forum (based on the comments of some higher-ups) is that the founder was a friend of the owner of Boards or something along those lines. The reason other clubs won't get their designated forum is because they feel it would render the soccer forum almost useless.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    You're hardly the first ones to notice lads;) It's been brought up many time in the SF by disgruntled fans of other teams. Reason we have a dedicated forum (based on the comments of some higher-ups) is that the founder was a friend of the owner of Boards or something along those lines. The reason other clubs won't get their designated forum is because they feel it would render the soccer forum almost useless.

Rendering a ****e forum useless? Sounds like a wise idea. Damn bureaucrats!

I know for me personally I wouldn't have lasted this long on the soccer forum with only a Spurs thread. Probably not a bad thing for some people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win for the Irish Rugby team......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    Great win for the Irish Rugby team......

Fantastic stuff :)

Start new job on Monday. No more getting up at 2am on a Monday morning to watch the football. Probably just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Start new job on Monday. No more getting up at 2am on a Monday morning to watch the football. Probably just as well.

Hurrah we won't have to listen to you moan about getting up at an ungodly hour anymore! Congrats on the new job though.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Hurrah we won't have to listen to you moan about getting up at an ungodly hour anymore! Congrats on the new job though.

Don't worry! I'll find something else to moan about!:D

Cheers mate.

Brisbane Roar just won the A-League.

Atleast one club I follow is capable of winning things!

Well.

Arsenal must have watched how we lost against Chelsea and are taking it to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Well.

Arsenal must have watched how we lost against Chelsea and are taking it to a whole new level.

Fcukin hell, Arsenlol 6 down against Chelsea. Was not expecting that. After our bad run its almost enough to make me smile..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Andros Townsend tweet: Who thinks we will see another selfie from Wojciech Szczesny after today's game?

Advertisement