Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

irishmover wrote: »
    Quote from Liverpool thread. Cant help but laugh. Sounds like us early last season and we got a heap of stick from them. 'One man team' rings a bell!

Rodgers claiming he didn't do a Spurs makes it all the funnier.

Outside of Arsenal there is no better side I'd like to see crumble than this shower. Hopefully we finish above them this season but I doubt it.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

don't really care about liverpool to be honest chaps… more concerned with the fact that we are mirroring where we were about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ledley King picked his best xi players he's played with/against. I'm interested and delighted to see Carr there and I can't argue with his team baring the one crazy choice:

Managed by Jol

GK:Gomes

RB: Carr
    LB: Cole
    CB: Thuram
    CB: Ferdinand

DM: Gerrard
    CM: Zidane
    CM: Riquelme
    RM: Ronaldo
    LM: Bale

CF: Henry

Gomes o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He clearly means Henry is the crazy choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Gomez:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tippspur wrote: »
    Gomez:eek:

They must have been lovers, no other reasonable explanation!

Here's a question that I can't seem to answer. When did he play against Riquelme?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

ziedth wrote: »
    Ledley King picked his best xi players he's played with/against. I'm interested and delighted to see Carr there and I can't argue with his team baring the one crazy choice:

Managed by Jol

GK:Gomes

RB: Carr
    LB: Cole
    CB: Thuram
    CB: Ferdinand

DM: Gerrard
    CM: Zidane
    CM: Riquelme
    RM: Ronaldo
    LM: Bale

CF: Henry

On one2eleven on Sky

Gomes

Carr
    Dawson
    Ferdinand
    Cole

Davids
    Scholes
    Gerrard
    Ginola
    Bale

Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

ziedth wrote: »
    Here's a question that I can't seem to answer. When did he play against Riquelme?

International friendly back in 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Siggy this season: 7 premier league appearances, 6 assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Roy Keane had some harsh words to say about Tottenham Hotspur during the media tour to promote his second biography The Second Half.
    Last night at a Q&A in London, the former Man Utd captain came clean about his feelings towards Sir Alex Ferguson following the breakdown of their relationship. Keano explained that, contrary to popular opinion, he didn’t resent his former manager. He revealed that they both shared a common vision for Manchester United and their opponents, including a stance that Spurs aren’t really all that good.

The Corkman told an anecdote of one of Fergie’s team talks before an encounter with Tottenham.
    I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk. It was Tottenham at home.
    I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll ****ing do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham’, and that was it. Brilliant.
    This wasn’t the first time Keano has spoken out against Spurs. He appeared as a pundit for the North London club’s 2-0 FA Cup loss to Arsenal last season. Spurs turtled up and took a comprehensive beating from their bitter rivals that day in what Keane described as a ‘typical Tottenham performance’.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Roy Keane had some harsh words to say about Tottenham Hotspur during the media tour to promote his second biography The Second Half.
    Last night at a Q&A in London, the former Man Utd captain came clean about his feelings towards Sir Alex Ferguson following the breakdown of their relationship. Keano explained that, contrary to popular opinion, he didn’t resent his former manager. He revealed that they both shared a common vision for Manchester United and their opponents, including a stance that Spurs aren’t really all that good.

The Corkman told an anecdote of one of Fergie’s team talks before an encounter with Tottenham.
    I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk. It was Tottenham at home.
    I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll ****ing do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham’, and that was it. Brilliant.
    This wasn’t the first time Keano has spoken out against Spurs. He appeared as a pundit for the North London club’s 2-0 FA Cup loss to Arsenal last season. Spurs turtled up and took a comprehensive beating from their bitter rivals that day in what Keane described as a ‘typical Tottenham performance’.

He's a spurs fan, or at least was, so he knows what he's talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

He's a spurs fan, or at least was, so he knows what he's talking about

Yeah, I know, only makes it worse:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Did Spurs not beat United in old Trafford the game before the poor performance away to Arsenal in the cup. I thought he ment typical Spurs performance, good one day and ****e the next. They will always let you down.

Not that it makes much difference but Diego Costa got booked against Sunderland, therefore suspended for Wednesday's match against us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Are the rest of the Chelsea squad suspended too by any chance?

Are the rest of the Chelsea squad suspended too by any chance?

We need a miracle like that tbh but don't worry every club in the PL has to go through the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Every little helps as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I haven't checked this but I don't think many teams in the prem have beaten us and then won their following game....we're a fecking curse :P

Luongo just scored in the Asian cup final for Australia in which they've just won it and has now received player of the tournament.

Fair play to him and I believe his stock has just risen. Few teams interested in him now. Sold him for £400k reckon he'll be bought by someone for a few million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

What a reckless challenge that was. Here's hoping its not too bad for the lad.

What a reckless challenge that was. Here's hoping its not too bad for the lad.

Yeah, read later that he actually walked off the field which is good news. Ridiculous tackle in a friendly

Fairly unbelievable stat I just saw on joe.ie, in 2015 (that's 5 matches I think) Wayne Rooney has not had a shot on target. granted he's not playing as a no. 9 anymore but for someone of his obvious ability and past history I found that shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Luongo just scored in the Asian cup final for Australia in which they've just won it and has now received player of the tournament.

Fair play to him and I believe his stock has just risen. Few teams interested in him now. Sold him for £400k reckon he'll be bought by someone for a few million.

Irishmover, you'll like this.... apparently we can buy him back for €400k!

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/14/former-starlet-and-australian-hero-massimo-luongo-admits-tottenh/?

• Advertisement

Irishmover, you'll like this.... apparently we can buy him back for €400k!

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/14/former-starlet-and-australian-hero-massimo-luongo-admits-tottenh/?

From Tottenham's perspective it would be a good move as we'd probably sell him on again and make a profit. For him it may not be a good move as he probably wouldn't be given much first team football and he needa that right now.

Then again Poch is playing all his mates from the youth team!

Advertisement