Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Everton will surely buy him if they sell stones to Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

A good laugh and not to be taken serious. Life is too short to be reacting to something that happened years ago. He must be looking for a bit of publicity, I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't post a link from phone but if you Google Zakora - kick racism out of football you should find a video of Zakora and his Turkish team mates kicking lumps out of some lad who racially abused Zakora and wasn't punished by the Turkish f.a. so the next time the two teams meet the lads took justice into their own hands.

• Advertisement

Paulinho screamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Spurs curse has vanished now on Pulinho. Soldado scored on his debut as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Paulinho screamer.

easy scoring against a 4foot tall keeper :D

2 career goals in 3years for his highlights reel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Nice finish by Harry kane yesterday, good to see him score.

Kane scored again, that's 3 in 4

• Advertisement

Watched brief highlights of Sunderland v City. Yedlin set up there solitary goal, looked good going forward. Good enough to claim a starting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Anybody still disappointed that we didn't give Dim Tim more of a chance?

http://www.football365.com/news/did-sherwood-plan-villa-being-rotten
    We are finding it a tad hard to believe that a Premier League manager’s plan against Championship opposition was to let them think they were much, much better…
    We expected manager Tim Sherwood – after being widely criticised for his bizarre substitutions against Crystal Palace and Leicester – to soak up the applause for making positive changes while acknowledging that the first half was truly awful. ‘I fixed it’ should have been the proud boast, and we would have said ‘fair play; he fixed it’.

But no. ‘I planned it’ was the proud boast. Yorke’s distraught face was an absolute picture as Sherwood explained that he had planned to be so utterly terrible in the first half in order to lull Birmingham into a false sense of security. Apparently his plan at home against a Championship side in a derby game was an extended version of rope-a-dope.

“The plan worked,” said Sherwood with a straight face. “We went two different ways. First half, we looked to stretch them out, go very direct.

Rodgers sacked by Liverpool

I hope they don't get Carlos A and I also think they will either get De Boer or Klopp. Both of them will be a big gamble like AVB.

Anybody still disappointed that we didn't give Dim Tim more of a chance?

http://www.football365.com/news/did-sherwood-plan-villa-being-rotten

I think he is the next one to be sacked. Totally out of depth but, I love his nick name Tactics Tim :D.

Mark Lawrenson:

I know some will point to the splurge from Tottenham after they sold Gareth Bale last summer as cause for concern but Liverpool’s situation is different.

We’ve signed four so far and yes seven or eight in total will change the dynamic of the dressing room so that is something to be wary about.

But Spurs just went on a spending spree.

There was no definitive plan, no idea of who was going to play in what a position and they just signed players to try and replace Bale.

Liverpool are different.

Brendan has implemented a definitive style of play and the squad was so good last year that he won’t sign players for the sake of it.

Every single player brought in will have an assigned role and there is still plenty of time for Brendan to get the right players for the Reds.

Go n feck yourself :D

Pool should go for Big Sam Allerdice.:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Worst possible time for Klopp to sign for Liverpool. They'll have new manager syndrome against us next week.

Kiith wrote: »
    Worst possible time for Klopp to sign for Liverpool. They'll have new manager syndrome against us next week.

I don't agree, I'd rather play them now. He'll have very little time to work with them.

I'm glad it's not Rodgers, his record against us was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Paul Merson:

"They should be top of the league. They went to Old Trafford and they should have got a point. They were 2-0 up against Stoke City, and they threw that away.

“They should have beaten Everton at home and they should have beaten Swansea away.

“You put all those points together, and I think they are in a false position. I’ve been impressed with Tottenham, and that’s coming from me. I think they’ve been bang unlucky.”

I think it makes perfect sense.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Paul Merson:

"They should be top of the league. They went to Old Trafford and they should have got a point. They were 2-0 up against Stoke City, and they threw that away.

“They should have beaten Everton at home and they should have beaten Swansea away.

“You put all those points together, and I think they are in a false position. I’ve been impressed with Tottenham, and that’s coming from me. I think they’ve been bang unlucky.”

I'm trying to find a snide comment in there somewhere, he never paid us a compliment, never

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

09_09_09 wrote:
    Paul Merson:

09_09_09 wrote:

09_09_09 wrote:

09_09_09 wrote:
    “You put all those points together, and I think they are in a false position. I’ve been impressed with Tottenham, and that’s coming from me. I think they’ve been bang unlucky.â€

09_09_09 wrote:

That's probably his idea of sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Paul Merson:

Nice to hear his compliments, but he's wrong. We are where we deserve to be.

Football is a 90 minute game, if we can't see out a 2-0 lead then we don't deserve to get the win.

If we have FOUR times as many shots on goal as Man United and can't score, then we don't deserve to get anything from that game.

I'm not being negative, I'm generally a very positive/optimistic Spurs fan. I just don't care too much for the hypothetical. Let's stay positive but realistic.

I think he is the next one to be sacked. Totally out of depth but, I love his nick name Tactics Tim :D.

This one bites the dust. Now he will become a pundit (IMO his Premiership managerial career is over) and will slag us for the rest of his life.

OX gone of injured hamstring and walcott came on as a sub had to be replaced too lol both less than 15mins into game

wednesday now 2up!

davycc wrote: »
    OX gone of injured hamstring and walcott came on as a sub had to be replaced too lol both less than 15mins into game

wednesday now 2up!

ft 3 nil :D

and chavski loose to 10 men stoke:D:D

its a good night for the neutral ;)

• Advertisement

Man Utd gone now,lost 3-1 on pens.

Advertisement