Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

FC Midtjylland - no game in two months, one win in ten before that, and lost 9-1 on aggregate to Napoli in the group stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    FC Midtjylland - no game in two months, one win in ten before that, and lost 9-1 on aggregate to Napoli in the group stages

We certainly dodged a bullet with that clown LVG

We certainly dodged a bullet with that clown LVG

Kinda feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

They will hardly go for Jose Mourinho though. would they. That could turn into a right circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Glebee wrote: »
    They will hardly go for Jose Mourinho though. would they. That could turn into a right circus.

I think they will go for Jose. I believe they are looking for a proven manager with an excellent track record to steady and turn the ship and Jose fits the bill.

On the other hand, he will spend another £200 - 300 millions to buy his own players and by the time he will get it together then the third season syndrome will drop and also, he will bring lots of baggage with him.

I am surprised majority of MU fans want him. For some reasons, his team usually does not play attacking football and normally dull to watch. I will never know why they did not go for Carlos A. when they had a chance.

Anyway it is funny to see their reaction. Long may it continue. :D

• Advertisement

Just thinking, wouldn't it be the perfect year for Wenger to step down........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

irishmover wrote: »
    Ranieri has given the Leicester squad a week off. Free to travel on a holiday abroad if they feel like it.

What do people think of this? It could go horribly wrong with players coming back unfocused.

If the players don't take the piss I think it could do wonders for them. I thought out week in Barcelona was a master stroke. Given their style of play, fitness will never be an issue, recovery and eliminating fatigue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Glebee wrote: »

If they wanted mourinho they wouldve accepted LVGs resignation and taken him in December.

If they turn to him now its purely because there is no one else available and will most likely be an absolute trainwreck

MrKingsley wrote: »
    If they wanted mourinho they wouldve accepted LVGs resignation and taken him in December.

If they turn to him now its purely because there is no one else available and will most likely be an absolute trainwreck

Don't underestimate player power, this is most likely BS but could very well be true http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mushykeogh wrote: »
    If the players don't take the piss I think it could do wonders for them. I thought out week in Barcelona was a master stroke. Given their style of play, fitness will never be an issue, recovery and eliminating fatigue is.

I think that's different. The squad remained together and it was a bonding period. This is giving the players time off away from the club, staff and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Talk of the FA giving the FA Cup winners a Champions League spot. Would obviously mean only the top three would get into to the CL. Though might see the FA Cup taken more seriously.

I like it!

Pritchard came on for 10 minutes, set up two chances. Should of been brought on sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd much prefer to see the Europa League scrapped in its current form and have that turned into something like the old the inter toto cup and then bring the cup winners cup back in a straight 32 team two leg knock out. Cup winners from each league and maybe fair play winners or something to make up any short fall of entries.

irishmover wrote: »
    I think that's different. The squad remained together and it was a bonding period. This is giving the players time off away from the club, staff and players.

True, its all down to the professionalism of the players. While they were given a week off I'm sure it would have been with certain caveats! Id imagine the body fat callipers will be out monday morning for them.

Don't underestimate player power, this is most likely BS but could very well be true http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

Im not sure i get how player power comes into it???

LVG wanted to leave, offered to resign but the club said no. Did they do that because they really believed he could turn things round?

If they want mourinho to be their manager why not take him 6 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

At no stage did LVG offer his resignation,that was newspaper bull****,LGV even challenged them over it at a press meeting.

You think that he looks like a man that wants to be there or speaks like he will be there next year?

Either way my point stands......if they really wanted Mourinho they could have taken him at any stage over the past 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Anybody having difficulty with the ticket site for the Utd game 😡

philon wrote: »
    Anybody having difficulty with the ticket site for the Utd game 😡
    We tried yesterday and today,no luck:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

tippspur wrote: »
    We tried yesterday and today,no luck:mad:

Got sorted in the end. You get fixed up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Just realised something funny. The fairly infamous playoff semi final between Lecister and Watford a couple of years ago where Lecister missed a penalty in the last min of injury time and Watford went up and scored. Do you know which two strikers were on the bench as unused subs that day? The current top two scorers of the premier league in Kane and Vardy. It really is a funny old game at times.

I've given up on arsenal. Seasons over

That thread in the soccer forum is going off like wildfire.

I really wouldn't take any heed from the likes of the above comment. There is alot of points to play for.

We let them sneak a win against is on Saturday and they're back in as title favourites. The great thing for us is that we're the form team. Its in our hands to potentially bury Arsenal on March 5th.

Squeaky bum time lads. Another 86th Kane winner will do me.

However, if I was offered opening game of the season at old Trafford or now I'd have picked now. We would have won that game easy IMO.

Leicester are title favourites for me I'm sorry to say. Have you seen their upcoming fixtures? All very very winnable. I think they've played all the big teams already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Leicester are title favourites for me I'm sorry to say. Have you seen their upcoming fixtures? All very very winnable. I think they've played all the big teams already.

Their last 3 are tough apprently (according to the chaps on the fantasy football forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Leicester playing 'weaker' teams might suit us. Those type teams sit back on the counter and so do Leicester. They might draw more than win.

Look at yesterday, for example, Norwich were minutes away from knicking a draw against Leicester. Whereas we hammered Norwich.

They've got 3 tough final games. But as league leaders they're favourites. However got lucky against Norwich. Still plenty of football to be played.

Any relegation candidate this time of the year is like playing a title contender.

I'll be happy with Leicester if not us.

Anyone else finding the last few weeks very emotional?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the last few weeks very emotional?!

Yupp, all those years of following them from relegation battles in the 90's to mid table in the 00's and now to have a team like this to be proud of. Emotional stuff :)

• Advertisement

philon wrote: »
    Got sorted in the end. You get fixed up ?
    No luck,hoping to get tickets for Southampton game now.

Advertisement