Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Got my box yesterday. Watching the golf last night in HD.... The wife was not impressed until I showed her the film / box sets etc....:) I needed something to replace my original apple TV anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Glebee wrote: »
    Got my box yesterday. Watching the golf last night in HD.... The wife was not impressed until I showed her the film / box sets etc....:) I needed something to replace my original apple TV anyway..

What box did you get?

mushykeogh wrote: »
    What box did you get?

http://www.androidtv.ie/product/m8s/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Read lots of good reviews for those ones, mine is an older version, does the job though.

These must be completely illegal though. Can Sky and such other companies not get them take down???

I almost certain my local pub has started using these for matches. They got rid of sky a few years ago because of the cost and now all of a sudden matches are back but no pint icon in the bottom of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Pretty sure I have the same one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

One thing I'll advise for any of these boxes. Avoid wireless, you do not want another variable. Use Ethernet our get a set of homeplugs to get a wired connection to the box, well work out much smoother

One thing I'll advise for any of these boxes. Avoid wireless, you do not want another variable. Use Ethernet our get a set of homeplugs to get a wired connection to the box, well work out much smoother

Have the homeplugs and done a sppeed test, 30mbps download, and 8ms pings.. Looses a bit on wifi but not to much

Have the homeplugs and done a sppeed test, 30mbps download, and 8ms pings.. Looses a bit on wifi but not to much

Anything over about 8 mbit is fine, it's consistency and low latency you need. Wi-Fi it's a shared frequency therefore someone else in another room watching YouTube on their phone can have you fighting over bandwidth as your router will only talk to one at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Wireless has packet loss at a ridiculously higher rate than cables.

Always better to use cables where possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

These must be completely illegal though. Can Sky and such other companies not get them take down???

I almost certain my local pub has started using these for matches. They got rid of sky a few years ago because of the cost and now all of a sudden matches are back but no pint icon in the bottom of the screen.
    Isn't that a different kind of box though? connected to the Satellite dish where the other one is just streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

im running kodi through an amazon firestick and the likes of Pheonix/Uk Turks etc... is not connecting to BT Sports or Sky etc. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, very sporadic.Anyone any tips on improving the connectivity or additional add-ons to use?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pochettino on Alli...He is an incredible athlete, yes but he is not a machine. He has a problem in his ankle and knee."

Then its time to rest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Clinton N'Jie is nearing his return to the Tottenham first-team after more than two months out with a knee injury.

Rumour: http://www.90min.com/posts/3017504-tottenham-hotspur-in-talks-with-nike-over-lucrative-30m-per-year-kit-deal?a_aid=35322

Us signing a deal with Nike?

It's a rumour which has been doing the round for a while, also possible naming rights for the stadium too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As someone who really likes the Under Armour gear that we have, i wouldn't be too happy with this. It must be a good deal though, so it may be a good deal for the club.

Kiith wrote: »
    As someone who really likes the Under Armour gear that we have, i wouldn't be too happy with this. It must be a good deal though, so it may be a good deal for the club.

Yeah I love the current kit. I'd want to keep it for a few seasons but in this day and age it changes every season!

I would assume the future stadium sponsorship could have something to do with a change, there's been rumours of the Nike stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

with the NFL connections its going to be nike

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed he turned down a Tottenham approach in 2012 because 'everything became a bit weird'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

city currently 0-0 at norwich . 15mins to go go,,, come on norwich , holihan having a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

City draw, nice.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think Arsenal should go all out for one of;

Simeone, Tuchel, or Pochetino.

Might be a little early to get Tuchel after just a season at Dortmund, but all three are potentially gettable I think with the right offer. Simeone has pretty much done what he can at Atleti, and the other two have already shown their ambition to move to a bigger project when the opportunity arrises.

I think the same for ManU incidentally.

Just spotted this in the arsenal thread.

Have to saw that watching Arsenlol TV on you tube these days after matches is a great laugh....:) Always guaranteed a melt down..

Have to saw that watching Arsenlol TV on you tube these days after matches is a great laugh....:) Always guaranteed a melt down..

Their meltdown is even nicer when their owner came out last week and said if you wanted to win championships you wouldn't get involved. So they need a new owner and a manager.......at least Levy keeps his mouth shut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Leicester had one shot on goal and won the game:mad:

I've got two arsenal mates in work. I've found myself consoling them the past couple days.

Poor buggers.

• Advertisement

380386.jpg

Advertisement