Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

380386.jpg

Most points in the 2015/2016 season - 1st

That's what all of us want to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Made a fooking Boo Boo.
    I have Sky Sports with Sky, so have all the matches coming up to watch at home..

So ive being paying €18.99 for BT Sports package with Virgin Media.. and realised that we are not on their channels from here on in....

So, i rang them up yesterday and cancelled the package.......

woke up this morning and realised i should have waited until Thursday morning....Dortmund at the Lane !!

In previous years gone by, when ever i rang UPC and wanted to cancell, they bribed me with cheaper deal..€5 !!!

But these fookers just accepted my request and now its gone !!!

Im gonna ring them later ask tell (ask) them to put it back on until Friday morning.....pretend i got the days mixed up...

What do you reckon?

Will they charge me for a full month? Or can you pay for the game only?
    Either way, im gonna try the my way or the highway..

Gonna tell them to put it back on or risk losing me as a valued customer !!!!

With the fookers 20 years...getting €130.00 a month of me !!!

Wish me luck !!!

any other illegal options to watch it????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Why bother with the Dortmund game? Dead and buried after the 1st leg. Every first teamer should be rested, give the youngsters a trot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Why bother with the Dortmund game? Dead and buried after the 1st leg. Every first teamer should be rested, give the youngsters a trot out.

Why Bother??????

How very dare you !!!!!!

€130 a month. **** me.

• Advertisement

Jan Vertonghen & Clinton NJie will return to training w/ group next week and expected to be available after international break.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will be interesting to see if Verts will slot right back into CB. Wimmer has been very good while he was out, and definitely should be in with a shot of retaining his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    Will be interesting to see if Verts will slot right back into CB. Wimmer has been very good while he was out, and definitely should be in with a shot of retaining his position.

I think Vertz might come in for Alderweireld, who could surely do with some rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kiith wrote: »

Doubtful he'll push Wimmer out of a place

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/710080267051003904

6th season in a row arsenal have exited in last 16 of CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus feel bad for Juve tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I think Vertz might come in for Alderweireld, who could surely do with some rest.

Can't see poch playing 2 leftys at centre half

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus feel bad for Juve tonight

Was gutted for them, can't stand Bayern, nor there manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Doubtful he'll push Wimmer out of a place

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/710080267051003904

Id like to see vertonghens stats for the 6/7 games beofre he was injured.

Id have to imagine that they are similar enough.

All of those stats make it look like wimmer is indispensable whereas in reality you would expect your starting CB to be in the top two of headers, clearances, blocks, tackles.

This isnt a slight on Wimmer, i think hes done a great job, but we cant forget that our defence has been pretty much rock solid all season. Id rather Jan back in the team if fit for the crunch games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I don't think wimmer goes forward much at all, which is something vertonghen does and sometimes does it quite well.
    Great that wimmer worked out so well, and I was worried before he came in in his first debut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

12671961_10153558817183505_5184528049004543642_o.jpg

Tottenham.... eh, I mean, England Hotspur FC.

Tottenham.... eh, I mean, England Hotspur FC.

Surely the die hard English fans would want this Spurs side to win the league to propel these young lads even higher and become main stays in the England starting 11?

The experience of winning a league with predominately an English core would only benefit England's national side.

irishmover wrote: »
    Surely the die hard English fans would want this Spurs side to win the league to propel these young lads even higher and become main stays in the England starting 11?

The experience of winning a league with predominately an English core would only benefit England's national side.

It probably won't kick in until they see them play the friendlies

Hope he wears a wig Monday - Friday.

120773.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

kevin wimmer has some bad taste in music but has been a rock at the back for us since jans injury

I read a long-ish transcript of a talk John McDermott gave. Here's some of the best bit (paraphrased by the guy taking notes at the talk)
    John says that we have a player right now called Shayon Harrison who is pretty good and trains with the first team, Pochetinno came over to John and said ‘John, Shayon is lazy’ just loud enough so Shayon would hear him. Shayon came knocking on John’s door later asking him what that was about. John says to Shayon, Poch has worked with Veron/Maradona, he played a year with Aguero, he trains everyday with Kane- Poch’s frame of reference is so high that he is not saying you are actually lazy but when he is comparing you it can be deemed mediocre.
    John is worried that coaches in the modern game are so focused on moneyball stats that players will start to slip through the cracks. Harry Kane at 14 years of age, was relatively fat, August birthday, immature, and was ‘forgettable Harry’- his peers could jump higher, they could run quicker and his agility was 30% lower than the average- ‘runt of the litter’ – so what was it that John saw? He thanked God that he had experienced Ashely Young and Mariappa- there was something beyond stats and sport scientists- an intuition

Bentaleb, a very interesting story, the team he was playing for went bust and Bentaleb ended up playing street football as a player/coach. He went to Birmingham, found nothing, came to London and asked for a trial. Tottenham signed Nabil after that trial. The other exception is Rose, who we bought.
    Told a story about Townsend who was dropped and refused to be released and kept turning up, eventually John and Chris (Ramsey) stopped caring because he refused to be told no.
    John says that Poch wants 5 things in a player, technically good, tactically good, physically outstanding, mentally strong and faith- they have to believe in what we are about. A player must unconditionally believe in the plan, for example: If Poch tells Kane, run around that pitch three times, do press ups and it will give you a better chance of scoring, Harry is going to do it. Poch has the young players in the palm of his hand and the synergy that comes with that John thinks is amazing.
    Something that is interesting about Poch that John thinks he has right- Poch is a leader of people, a very warm, Latin, touchy feely man, he has got something about him, an X factor- if you took Poch from Tottenham right now, they would not be half as successful- with him he has Jesus Perez who is a sports scientist- very clever and analytical, a goalkeeping coach- Toni Jiminez that is an outward, outgoing personality that brings humour and his assistant who is someone that Poch trusts more than anyone- this group filter and contextualise everything- John looks at statistics but trusts his eye also and cross references- Poch will often say something does not feel right- uses his intuition- example: Bentaleb when your face is not smiling, your feet are not smiling- an intuition allied with statistics

I think the below quote from McDermott is what tells me the rumours we hear about Kane to United etc. are boll0x. If the players have faith in the plan and then they see the plan come to fruition (i.e. second in the league, best goal diff etc.) they're not going to want to leave.

John says that Poch wants 5 things in a player, technically good, tactically good, physically outstanding, mentally strong and faith- they have to believe in what we are about. A player must unconditionally believe in the plan, for example: If Poch tells Kane, run around that pitch three times, do press ups and it will give you a better chance of scoring, Harry is going to do it. Poch has the young players in the palm of his hand and the synergy that comes with that John thinks is amazing.

4 Spurs players start for england. Fingers crossed they dont get ****ed...

Liverpool appear to have no available strikers for our match next week. Most likely firmino will have to play up top.

irishmover wrote: »
    4 Spurs players start for england. Fingers crossed they dont get ****ed...

Liverpool appear to have no available strikers for our match next week. Most likely firmino will have to play up top.

Is Sturridge not fit?

dier with the injury time winner after germany going 2up!

kane with a cracking 1st goal and vardy flicks in an equaliser with his 1st touch

fantastic game for a friendly

alli missed a sitter from 12 yards out though had a great game . rose didnt put a foot wrong either and no real injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did Rose not pick up an injury?

Did Rose not pick up an injury?

hope not , didnt notice any problems during the 90 mins

• Advertisement

Good win for the Spurs lads. Hopefully none are injured though.

Advertisement