Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I see our friends down the road are gone into meltdown,

It's funny how the wheel of time spins,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I see our friends down the road are gone into meltdown,

It's funny how the wheel of time spins,

I was watching the coverage on RTE, the panel and commentators were way over the top. Usually get a buzz when they lose, well against a smaller side say. But not tonight, just felt sorry for them.

I dislike Bayern strongly, any other teams around them that pose a threat, they buy that player.

They'll be doing well to keep hold of Sanchez, Ozil on the other hand, never rated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Glebee wrote: »

I used to have that 91 jersey .... loved it ! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I was watching the coverage on RTE, the panel and commentators were way over the top. Usually get a buzz when they lose, well against a smaller side say. But not tonight, just felt sorry for them.

I dislike Bayern strongly, any other teams around them that pose a threat, they buy that player.

They'll be doing well to keep hold of Sanchez, Ozil on the other hand, never rated him.

FELT SORRY !?!?!!
    FOR THEM !!!??!! :eek:
    No way ..... ever..... Fcuk them , forever !!! and a day .........

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Any news about Lamela lads? I miss this fecker.

• Advertisement

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Any news about Lamela lads? I miss this fecker.

Mauricio: "@ErikLamela is building step by step, positive too. That was yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I don't for one minute believe it's legit but I kind of like it. We've had much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Mauricio: "@ErikLamela is building step by step, positive too. That was yesterday.

Is there something strange in this Lamella injury? I know de **** was in de news about his dog n stuff. I do get the feeling all is not being revealed?

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Is there something strange in this Lamella injury? I know de **** was in de news about his dog n stuff. I do get the feeling all is not being revealed?

Area 51.

It is a little fishy alright. Wouldn't be serving a drugs ban like Berahino was by any chance? Same kind of cover up if so.

Maybe he's had an operation? Erik Lamela is now know as Linda Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

I think his brother had a very bad accident while Lamela was injured (same back problem) then his dog died. May be this is affecting his recovery timeline. We need him urgently. I think he can play a vital part in 3-5-2 formation due to his commitment. Let's see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We are playing really poorly at the moment. When was the last good performance...Chelsea? And then West Brom i guess. But sine then, it's been awful. Seems like the exact same thing that happened with City is happening again, where we get a big win against a very tough opposition, and then sit back and play **** football for weeks afterwards. It's so bloody frustrating.

Yeah and Kane could be buggered for Fulham. Janssen didn't even make the bench last night.

Need Vertonghen & Rose back and revert to a back three.

That was absolute dog ****e - AGAIN !!
    I just don't know where to start..... Winks and Dembele were the only players that made any impact.
    Walker - poor positioning and poor decisions, but improved a bit after half time when we took a bit of control for a while.
    Hugo - another top class save - keeps us in sooo many games- Hes getting too good for us (LaLiga will call)
    Toby and Dire - struggled to cope to be honest. dragged out of position by the movement of the Gent attackers, and Davies provided little cover, although he was better than in the pool game.
    Dele - did little of any note, had a few half chances but struggled - worriedly out of form.
    Kane - wow. really struggling, puts in a hard stint every game, chasing and running, but is getting no supply IN the BOX.... where he can do damage.
    Son - came on , and had a great chance- but missed...
    Eriksen - I don't know...... really I don't... I just don't see him ever changing a game for us, Not anywhere near consistent enough...
    N'Koudou - He needs to be given a run of games.... hes fast, he can cross, he gives a bit of width, and can allow Kane to get into the box ...

I think Sucksoko was playing, I'm not sure........ (hes ****E) ....
    Massive game on Sunday - pressure is building.... Our manager needs to put out our best players in the best formation, and try allow us win something ..... TTID

Pinched from a site, chap makes a lot of sense.

I am confused
    we won 9 out of 11 games
    In that run we battered Chelsea
    We played brilliantly against Southampton, Watford, West Brom – salvaged a draw whilst not playing well away to Man C
    We lost to Liverpool who outplayed us home and away
    And we lost to Gent in Belgium and didnt play well.
    People widely regarded as the best manager of the current generation has taken 1 point of us out of 6 this season
    Many managers say that Spurs are the best team they have faced this season

Yet, we lose two games and its all a disaster. The Manager has lost the plot, the squad is rubbish, lets get Levy out.

The last time we lost two games in a row we then went on to win 9 of the next 10

Sure, we didnt play well last night. Yes we got totally outplayed against Liverpool. That happens in football.

Rather than whine about how terrible everything is, what about a little perspective.

We are 3rd in the league, no one is going to get past Chelsea.

Even the moaning on signings, jeez, Man U have signed a load of rubbish players, Arsenal have rubbish players in their squad, it again happens.

Levy doesnt sit at home playing Football Manager thinking i am going to sign Son, George, Mo Sissoko, etc, they are scouted and then recommended. Blame the Scouts.

This moaning is systematic in football, when clubs go through hard times the fans whine and moan, when the Club turns the corner and we are now doing better than we have in a long time, fans still moan and whine. Look at some of the perceived top clubs and the states they are now in, Leeds, Villa…… I wouldnt want to swap places with them.

Things could be so much worse, look at where we are and what we are achieving rather than spending your life bitching, you dont know, you might even start enjoying life a little bit more !!

I am confused
    we won 9 out of 11 games
    We played brilliantly against Southampton, Watford, West Brom – salvaged a draw whilst not playing well away to Man C
    People widely regarded as the best manager of the current generation has taken 1 point of us out of 6 this season

Yet, we lose two games and its all a disaster. The Manager has lost the plot, the squad is rubbish, lets get Levy out.

The last time we lost two games in a row we then went on to win 9 of the next 10

Sure, we didnt play well last night. Yes we got totally outplayed against Liverpool. That happens in football.

Rather than whine about how terrible everything is, what about a little perspective.

Even the moaning on signings, jeez, Man U have signed a load of rubbish players, Arsenal have rubbish players in their squad, it again happens.

Levy doesnt sit at home playing Football Manager thinking i am going to sign Son, George, Mo Sissoko, etc, they are scouted and then recommended. Blame the Scouts.

This moaning is systematic in football, when clubs go through hard times the fans whine and moan, when the Club turns the corner and we are now doing better than we have in a long time, fans still moan and whine. Look at some of the perceived top clubs and the states they are now in, Leeds, Villa…… I wouldnt want to swap places with them.

Things could be so much worse, look at where we are and what we are achieving rather than spending your life bitching, you dont know, you might even start enjoying life a little bit more !!

Yes , good points.....
    But surely winning something (fa, leagues cup even) isn't too much to ask for?
    p.s - he didn't mention our new stadium !! ;)

In with a shout for the FA Cup, maybe the draw will be kind to us?

• Advertisement

In with a shout for the FA Cup, maybe the draw will be kind to us?

Yes, Hopefully we'll get Sutton at the Lane !! :p;):D

I am confused
    we won 9 out of 11 games

Jesus Sugar, u ain't so sweet. As for bitching n whining, who made you de boss of that?

Jesus Sugar, u ain't so sweet. As for bitching n whining, who made you de boss of that?

:confused: as the op stated - he took that from a site ..
    And whatever your state of mind about our results, there is a lot of truths in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sucksoko haha :D

Bítch and whine till your hearts content.

I aint de boss...

C43kB8yXUAAgaw1.jpg:large

Bítch and whine till your hearts content.

I aint de boss...

C43kB8yXUAAgaw1.jpg:large

Ah sorry about that, didn't read dat properly. I'm just pizzed off after them last two games, I'm in de mood for giving out. Also getting old n contrary at de best of times.

Milan supposedly sniffing around Sissoko. Could be boulder dash, can't see him sticking around for the summer though.

We got rid of the deadwood...eventually. Several players will get the chop this summer. Whilst Chadli wasn't everyone's cup of tea, he did contribute, and score goals.

Pochettino on Janssen, straight to the point.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mauricio-pochettino-demands-improvement-from-tottenham-striker-vincent-janssen-he-needs-to-show-more-a3469916.html

Balderdash. Boulder Dash is the classic game.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

We played better today (lesser opposition of course) but at least we scored ! And kept a clean sheet !! Winks was very good again, Trippier put in great crosses.
    Of course great to see Harry get 3 ...
    son ?? Jaysus I dunno .....
    and we got a home draw !!!! TTID COYS

Advertisement