Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Vincent Janssen promises to fight on to save his Tottenham career: 'I will have to prove I deserve to play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4239296/Vincent-Janssen-promises-fight-save-Spurs-career.html

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Vincent Janssen promises to fight on to save his Tottenham career: 'I will have to prove I deserve to play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4239296/Vincent-Janssen-promises-fight-save-Spurs-career.html

I would like to see him play in front of Lamela and Eriksen in 3-4-3 formation. I think he will make it because he has time on his hands.

Might come handy after proper preseason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Hard to agree with the treatment of Janssen, should have been brought on for Kane yesterday.

Nice draw, semifinal pretty much guaranteed.

GS11 wrote: »
    Hard to agree with the treatment of Janssen, should have been brought on for Kane yesterday.

A favorable draw indeed, they did beat Leicester and were down to 10 men, no guarantees. I'm sure the police force are dreading it. Last FA Cup tie to be played at The Lane innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

GS11 wrote: »

Famous last words, I take nothing for granted anymore when Spurs is concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    A favorable draw indeed, they did beat Leicester and were down to 10 men, no guarantees. I'm sure the police force are dreading it. Last FA Cup tie to be played at The Lane innit?

Id say there will a whole new block of toilets needed ...... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I'm normally fairly cautious but given he is playing a strong team we should manage it.

Save on the demolition bill, let Millwall do it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Glebee wrote: »
    Save on the demolition bill, let Millwall do it instead.

He he - I was thinking of that yestereve after the draw.

How jammy are arsenal to get 2 division 5 clubs back to back this late in the FA Cup.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Should we be starting Trippier ahead of Walker at this stage? His crossing seems to give us far more opportunities.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Should we be starting Trippier ahead of Walker at this stage? His crossing seems to give us far more opportunities.

I'm sure Jansen would convert some of those great crosses into goal chances, instead of having to go looking for the ball outside the box....

cant believe Leicester sacked Ranieri after what he done for them last year. I hope there relegated and never get back up....

Glebee wrote: »
    cant believe Leicester sacked Ranieri after what he done for them last year. I hope there relegated and never get back up....

Yep, lousy way to treat CR. Here's to LCFC getting dumped into division 2.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Really need to get it right, this summer.

"We must add quality to the team if we want to fight for big things," Mauricio Pochettino said. "And we will try.

"Now is not the moment to start to talk (of who his targets will be). But it’s our job to find the right profile and player that can play for us, and try to help the team improve. It is always about improving.

"We must be patient, work hard, and try to find the players that we can add to achieve that," he stressed.

Kane now joint top scorer in the PL. ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️

No runout for Jansen again ? He isn't liked?
    I thought he could have came on after 60 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

greenspurs wrote: »
    No runout for Jansen again ? He isn't liked?
    I thought he could have came on after 60 mins.

Poch sees him every day and obviously doesn't think he is good enough. I would imagine the exit door awaits in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Dutch football must really be garbage these days. Janssen has been completely ineffective. At Utd Depay was a heap of ****e. The national team is in the doldrums. Also I think the only Dutch player at any of the other top English clubs is Daley Blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭golfball37

Dutch football must really be garbage these days. Janssen has been completely ineffective. At Utd Depay was a heap of ****e. The national team is in the doldrums. Also I think the only Dutch player at any of the other top English clubs is Daley Blind.

Wijnaldum at Liverpool too but you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

That said, we have three ex-Ajax players, and they're all handy....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Leicester are 2 up at half time all over pool feel sorry for raneri but I hope they win it' would do our top 2 chase a big favour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Is there a way to download that so I can watch it on the telly? Is it on the Spurs TV kodi addon even?

:edit: It is on the Spurs TV addon!! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Kane on Janssen.

"He's just got to do what he did against Everton, even though it might have only been three or four minutes at the end," Kane told Press Association.

"He held the ball up, won free-kicks and saw the game out for us and that's what he's got to do every time he gets an opportunity.

"He has to try to impress no matter how many minutes it is. I was the same, I tried to do as much as I could in that time.

"He's important, we are a team, we are a squad, every man is important," Kane insisted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Paul Mitchell has now left his job as head of recruitment having served almost six months of his 18-month notice period after tendering his resignation in August.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/paul-mitchell-finally-leaves-spurs-as-levy-prepares-to-show-more-ambition-in-transfer-market/908159#chbK8dUP7hYmTXV4.99

Advertisement