Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E72

• 14-06-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

All About Symbian are running a story about a revamped E71 with a 5MP camera. Oh Mama !

Www.allaboutsymbian.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Info was leaked, but then was pulled. You can still see the video at the moment:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

only 5mp?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

only 5mp?:(

It's a business phone. Camera isn't a priority for the market they're going to be selling this to. Besides, given the tiny optics on mobile phones 5mp is probably too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

e72 was leaked before but ended up being the e63. this video seems very genuine though.

flodis79 wrote: »
    this video seems very genuine though.

It was released by nokia conversations, its still on youtube but its now made private. Most likely preparing for a proper announcement soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Ooo Ooo ...
    It looks like its got the cool Blackberry "slide finger to scroll" yoke on the middle key.

And I do like the new keys around that layout around central button.

But it does look much more like a Crackberry now :(

Give me VGA video and a 3.5mm jack and I'm there in the queue !

See video below

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9kznz_nokia-e72_tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'm surprised they even bothered upgrading the megapixel count, since refining the existing optics would have been more preferred. In saying that, it would probably have cost more to do that than simply slapping an existing 5 megapixel module in; no wonder they went with the cheaper and more marketable option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

long_b wrote: »
    Plus a 3.5mm headphone jack, digital compass and a very appealise function - a torch, activated by pushing the spacebar.

I want it I want it I want it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

When is this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Very nice.
    Torch feature is awesome.
    Extra keyboard buttons rock.
    3.5mm headphones should have existed on the e71 already.
    Compass seems gimmicky but might be useful.
    I hacked my e71 to get ngage working anyway, but native support would be nice.

I can see it as a replacement when I next lose/drop/have stolen the e71.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Is that texting I see like the iPhones?! As if it's a msn/chat conversation?

That is the one thing keeping me with the iPhone - if Nokia can implement this, I'll be all over them....

Elessar wrote: »
    Is that texting I see like the iPhones?! As if it's a msn/chat conversation?

That is the one thing keeping me with the iPhone - if Nokia can implement this, I'll be all over them....

You know that there are already apps for s60 that mimic the iphone chat layout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

ooh i can't wait for this. Love my e71 so hopefully the e72 will be as good

This post has been deleted.

I'm hampered at the moment as I'm in work and can't get the links. Nokia own app was/is called conversation, they're a few more out there as well. The 5800 has a new one called isms which is supposed to be decent.

Love Captain Morgan's BTW, that stuff is far too easy to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheBlackBuck

Here's the link for Nokia Conversation:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view/conversation

It's still in beta and it's a fairly complicated installation. I tried it on my e51 and it worked fine but haven't bothered reinstalling it since my last firmware update and probably won't until it leaves beta.

As for the e72 - it's either this or the e52/e55 as my next phone. I like the idea of the autofocus on the e72 (the other two just have fixed focus I think).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

E72 is in "Networking Testing" according to o2 with no date on its release known.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheBlackBuck

Will it be exclusive to o2? I hope not. I don't think Nokia would tie one of their flagship phones to any specific operator.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Will it be exclusive to o2? I hope not. I don't think Nokia would tie one of their flagship phones to any specific operator.

Highly unlikely. Its whoever gets it in I guess. Voda etc. may have it, but im with o2 so only asked them.

• Advertisement

In UK. Just announced it will be exclusive to Vodafone till 2010

£300 PAYG

Any guess what that will translate as here on bill ?

long_b wrote: »
    In UK. Just announced it will be exclusive to Vodafone till 2010

£300 PAYG

Any guess what that will translate as here on bill ?

Similar pricing to the E71. I guess Voda Ireland will get it, exclusive to them. Bah.

This is no big deal, its only a 2 month exclusive and its in the UK. Doesn't mean it will effect here at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'm upset about the hero being exclusive to meteor it just so kicks an iphones ass, if nokia make an exclusive with vodafone here on the e72 that's it, i'll never use a nokia again, exclusive deals are a complet load of bollix...

edit: iphone and pre suck donkey balls ass, o2 (pronounced Bastardos! is Gaelic) can keep them, but don't deny us the hero and e72..

Should have stressed that that UK exclusive's only till January 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

So it's out in UK...
    Guess we'll have to wait until all e71s are sold? So come on, people - buy those e71s!!!!!!

strecker wrote: »
    So it's out in UK...
    Guess we'll have to wait until all e71s are sold? So come on, people - buy those e71s!!!!!!

:)

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/nokia-e72

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Damn those Brits hahaha...

i'm just a tiny bit wary re the optical d-pad thingy...though it got pretty good reviews, somehow it seems 'wrong' in such a sturdy, no-bs handset!?!?

Would love to buy from the UK :p

Vodafone Ireland wont be getting it here for at least 6 months after the UK apparently. Meteor never heard of it. (The local stores here in Waterford)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I hope its a decent camera. The one 3.2 in the E71 is dire. Worse then my old W810i with its 2.0. I like the calendar view on the E71 and the long bettery life. But I don't think the whole OS is very slick. Minor things like the calender view not being switchable without going into the menu lots of stuff like that is annoying.

Advertisement