Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hypothetical situation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

How about get the snip AND use a condom...it's not rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

bronte wrote: »

Ya have to love how this girl thinks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Abigayle wrote: »
    Well, it's up to the mothers involved to seek maintenance through the court. I dont see why they wouldnt.

Often a quite life, rightly or wrongly. There are often valid arguments over the amount of maintenance but some are just too tight and don't want to pay anything or as little as possible. This is the type I don't want using "she was on the pill" as an excuse.
    Abigayle wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I do know there are two sides to every story, the only reason why I was able to reply to Zohan in the way that I did was, because I can relate to being caught up in a moment. (Although I gave the AH version of it, not the S&S) :pac:

The bottom line for either man or woman is, look after yourself. remove the protection when you know you can handle the results.

:o Ach I knew that, you did pick up on my point.
    Sitting on it does fcuk all to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Yes, that should surely be changed to "I'm Swallowing the pill every morning".

There are far too many of those lousers about and in some cases have 4 and 5 kids, they are the one's I would like to see made hand over every penny to help raise their children.:pac:

Indeed and whatever few "assets" they have. How you get a law that encompasses cases where a man is taken advantage of and the above, I don't know?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ya have to love how this girl thinks ;)

This is why we should be friends! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well if as in the OP'S scenario, I think this is the best defense. The snip being the most important part.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Well if as in the OP'S scenario, I think this is the best defense. The snip being the most important part.

If you really really don't want kids..then yeah I think so..

I don't know if theres an age limit on blokes like there is gals for the op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

If you really really don't want kids..then yeah I think so..

I don't know if theres an age limit on blokes like there is gals for the op.

Plus if they change their mind later on in life they can have a reversal.

Plus if they change their mind later on in life they can have a reversal.

True enough..forgot about that...everyones a winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Maybe not relating to the men you know. ;)

• Advertisement

Maybe not relating to the men you know. ;)

Any man I consider that type of thing with follow my rules or die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Scenario:
    Man and woman are dating. Prior to sex, the woman promises the man that if she gets pregnant, she will take the morning-after pill or go to England and procure an abortion.
    They have sex, she gets pregnant, and decides to carry it to term.

Should the man have to pay child support?

On the one hand the man made it clear that he was having sex on the condition that no child result, and so shouldn't be tied for life, and the woman was dishonest, but on the other hand is it fair on the child that the father does not pay for his upbringing?

The only way to avoid getting preg is not have sex and id say a judge will see it the same way

BTW why would people discuss getting pregnant prior to sex unless they were trying... baffles me:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newmills View Post
    Hypothetically speaking then - all women should take it up the bum. No babies that way - everyone's a winner!!
    Mrmoe wrote: »
    Pregnancy can still happen so I've been told .... hmmm I think

happen to brian cowens ma!

Advertisement