Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endless Setlist 2

Options
  • 14-06-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I just finished Endless Setlist 2 on Rock Band 2, without pausing and nearly failing on Chop Suey and Panic Attack...

...yeah guys, don't do this. Seriously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Well done. What difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Expert guitar.

Serious wanker's cramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Expert guitar.

Serious wanker's cramp.

Lol, how long did it take?

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Lol, how long did it take?

I started around 4 and finished around 10.

I started around 4 and finished around 10.

Exactly the reason i never started it. I wish i had six hours to spare. :(

• Advertisement

I thought anybody would have 6 hours to spare on a lazy sunday afternoon!

I thought anybody would have 6 hours to spare on a lazy sunday afternoon!

Not when your last college exam is up next week! ;)

I have my LC music exam on thursday, but I suppose college could be considered a bit more important. :pac:

I have my LC music exam on thursday, but I suppose college could be considered a bit more important. :pac:

Technically speaking, you can use your experience as "research", me, i have no excuse. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was thinking of going for this one myself, one question, cant you use the guide button to pause and still get the cheevo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

calex71 wrote: »
    was thinking of going for this one myself, one question, cant you use the guide button to pause and still get the cheevo?

Nope,tape a bottle cap over it so you dont accidentally hit it.

I'm assuming you're gonna be doing expert guitar on it, so a few tips:

• Take a massive ****e and a piss right before it. They don't call it the Bladder of Steel award for nothing.
    • Leave some high energy food around you that's not too far out of reach. A drink is optional too but remember, not too much! You don't want to be bursting three quarters of the way in.
    • If you fail on a harder song, you'll be even more sickened since it's a lot further in. I almost failed on Chop Suey and Panic Attack. Make sure you practice some of the songs you know you'll run into problems with later on.
    • If you're any good, you'll be gold starring songs left and right in the first hour or two since the songs are relatively easy. However, when the going starts to get tough, save your Overdrive so it actually helps you pass the song, not to raise your score, just to be safe.
    • Stretch out your fingers/hands/arms and warm up a bit, all of which are going to be aching when you finish this.
    • If at all possible, try to tell anybody that might drop around to hold off for the time you're doing this. You don't want to be sitting there while somebody's banging on the door/ringing you when you can't clearly do anything.
    Hope that helped! Good luck.

might take the lazy way out of this and recruit some help so we can do it in shifts :pac:

Edit: wait i cant do that now can i because all my pals are right handed and id need to pause to toggle lefty flip on and off :(

might take the lazy way out of this and recruit some help so we can do it in shifts :pac:

Edit: wait i cant do that now can i because all my pals are right handed and id need to pause to toggle lefty flip on and off :(

Real men do it themselves!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be trying it soon on drums once I crack FRIGGING VISIONS on expert... Honestly what were they thinking??

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be trying it soon on drums once I crack FRIGGING VISIONS on expert... Honestly what were they thinking??

I passed it on my first try and haven't been able to pass it since,I think it was an absolute fluke.

Bunch of f*cking showoffs! :P

That reminds me,I went into HMV with a friend today just to play guitar hero. I (stupidly) picked "Fight fire with Fire" because I heard it was hard. My wrist was burning like crazy afterwards. I had to plug my earphones into the stall thing to hear the music and halfway through I accdentally pulled them out so I couldn't hear any of the ingame audio.
    Still got 91% and a 5* though :D

This is the chart:

The game wasn't as bad as I expected but I don't think I'll get it until it's much cheaper.

Just watched the first two minutes of that. I'm not gonna buy it solely on the grounds that i just know i will either

1) seriously suck at it or
    2) break yet another guitar controller.

I passed it on my first try and haven't been able to pass it since,I think it was an absolute fluke.

You finished visions on expert drums... damn I thought I was the good drummer around here... *sniff*

• Advertisement

You finished visions on expert drums... damn I thought I was the good drummer around here... *sniff*

Bobalicious is the best by far. I haven't played drums in months.

Can I have "best Vocalist of these parts" award?

Cully is the best vocalist but hes not here anymore :p

Fine then, i didn't want them anyway!! Sniff...Sniff...

Decided today was the day for this one, wasn't going for the bladder of steal achievement so was picking at it all day. Expert Bass.

All was going well chop suey took 2 go's, had been practicing battery, ace of spades (always gives me problems) and panic attack in recent weeks and can pass them at minimum of 4 stars.

You can guess what happend based on the songs I mentioned.

I forgot about visions :mad:

Seriously wft abnormality is very suitable name for the band, couldnt get any further than 30 seconds into the ****er, of course nobody else about here is capable of musing more than 3 of the buttons on the guitar with no fail switched on so thats that till i can master visions:(

of course nobody else about here is capable of musing more than 3 of the buttons on the guitar with no fail switched on

*Has 5-Starred Visions :cool:*

I manged to 3 star it just there... barely :(, don't think I have the will to attempt the setlist again for a while :P

Played it once on expert guitar, 4 stars I think. I hate the song, so it doesn't exactly jump out at me when I'm choosing them...

Played it once on expert guitar, 4 stars I think. I hate the song, so it doesn't exactly jump out at me when I'm choosing them...

I know what you mean , before the endless setlist attempt yesterday, I'd played it once maybe and never again hence me forgetting about it :D

One things for sure I wont be forgetting it again any time soon :mad:

• Advertisement

It's a good song, I have their EP.

Advertisement