Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone heard of this?

• 14-06-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

can't be logit, we should all be loaded. they want credit card details to take 1 yoyo for shippin :) has anyone done this kinda thing before, wats the wwrorst that can happen? i dont know much about credit card fraud or whatever.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Its a well known scam, any job where you have to pay them first is a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

http://www.blogstorm.co.uk/easy-google-profit-scam/

It has all the basics of a scam including a count down clock to rush you through. AVOID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The newspaper article was made by the people who sell you this 'kit'

<snipped smap link> Its the only article on the site, and when you try to leave the page, it offers you the software again.

But, go for it, and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Site is blocked by my HOSTS file so i'm guessing it's a scam =p

They have a unmentioned (but probably in their terms) subscription fee they charge you after a month for between $40 -$70 if you don't cancel your account. Don't even sign up just to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

yup, that's my understandin too, but would/could they actuallt take more money from your card, ive wondered this? they are runnin under the name of google. i'm just not sure how the credit card procedure works after the customers done their bit? and that's not exactly a contract you'd be inputtin your information into online

dont worry i wasnt about to sign up or anythin, just wonderin how things work outside my own little world @)

It looks legit OP, go for it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 mother_rucker

You people are so cynical
    Try having a bit of faith in human nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tell the you want your Capuchins in advance

yup, that's my understandin too, but would/could they actuallt take more money from your card, ive wondered this? they are runnin under the name of google. i'm just not sure how the credit card procedure works after the customers done their bit? and that's not exactly a contract you'd be inputtin your information into online

You would be signing up for a subscription. It probably says so deep in their terms. Also they are called "Easy Google Profits". Similar thing to entered a competition by text and finding yourself in a subscription only more expensive. It's easy enough to set up a sub on your card. I used to do it for a legit newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

How is it free if you have to pay $2.29?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

You would have to be mad to fall for this...that article is an ad for the damn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

seriously though, the point of this thread is to find out if anyone knows wat happens if you did sign up? do they use your card details to take all your money and never hear from you again, or like one poster said have terms that state you keep givin more? just weirdly curious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

As a member of the Internet Jackpot Membership Website, you will be automatically billed $67 per month.

Cancellation: If you do not wish to enroll into the Internet Jackpot Membership Website at the price of $67, which will be automatically billed to your credit cardquote

YEAH lets all do it!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

obvious scam nonsense is obvious. Nobody wants to link to spam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement