Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Irish backpacker (Byron bay)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

myhorse wrote: »
    Just incase anyone is in the area. Sad to say another missing Irish person
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/backpacker-missing-after-going-for-walk-in-byron-bay-20090615-c7lv.html

I know him.. I used to be best mates with his GF, they're together since they were teenagers.. I'd say she's heartbroken.. Lovely guy, I really hope they find him.. I don't even have her number to contact her :o

Is there any update on him out there? I can't seem to find any more info online other than the initial reports of his disappearance :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

update: Very sad news I am afraid.
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/irish-tourists-body-found-at-byron-20090623-cv4i.html
    Mods, I am not sure of the protocol please remove if not appropriate

God help his family, they must be going through hell.. At least they can bring him home now..

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Poor guy. What is it though with Irish people down there? When i was in Melbourne last year there were posters everywhere for a young irish guy that went missing, then they found him in the Yarra. When i was in Perth some Irish were killed in car crashes and some others were stabbing each other in hostels. I've heard a few stories of irish backpackers going missing. Is it the drink? or is it just the sheer numbers of us down there meaning a few bad stories are bound to come up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Numbers, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Distance from home I reckon. For most it will be the first big trip away from home. If things, perhaps, get on top of them ,for whatever reason, they may not have anyone to turn to or feel they can turn to.

Saw the same happen to a young girl in Coogee a number of yrs ago. Very sad for all.

Advertisement