Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do same rules apply for extensions as for new builds

• 14-06-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know the building regulations for insulation values etc apply for extensions as they do for new builds.

I guess you dont need an electricians sign-off for the wiring of the extension to give to ESB (but I'm willing to be corrected on this!)

My question is - what other rules do/ dont apply - eg do you have to get BER assessments? Air tightness tests? etc

I probably will get both of the above in any case as I see the value of them, but it would be good to be clear as to what I do and dont HAVE TO fork out for.

Thanks for any advice!

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

soldsold wrote: »
    Hi,

I know the building regulations for insulation values etc apply for extensions as they do for new builds.

yes they do
    I guess you dont need an electricians sign-off for the wiring of the extension to give to ESB (but I'm willing to be corrected on this!)

For the ESB - no . For signing off an opinion on compliance with building regs -
    for your own safety - when re re mortgaging or selling - you must certainly do need an an electricians sign-off

My question is - what other rules do/ dont apply - eg do you have to get BER assessments?

yes - when selling or letting
    Air tightness tests? etc

not for extensions - only new buildings
    probably will get both of the above in any case as I see the value of them, but it would be good to be clear as to what I do and dont HAVE TO fork out for.

You should get all the above done - in your own interests
    Thanks for any advice!

Steve

Your welcome

Advertisement