Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter 4 PC Benchmark Tool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

400mb for a simple tool to test your FPS? :eek:
    I know fighting games that are smaller!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Okay I just ran this several times.....and its absolutly hilarious!

Okay here are my rig specs
    Intel Core Duo e8400 @ 3.00Ghz
    4GB 1066mhz DDR 2
    Gainward HD 4870 512MB
    Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate
    150GB Western Digital Raptor

First thing I did was max the settings out
    1920x1200
    16xAF (Texture Filtering)
    8XAA
    Vsync Enabled
    Frame Rate Locked

You have options for
    Frame Rate (fixed or variable)
    Vsync
    Aspect Ratio (4:3, 16:9, 16:10)
    Brightness
    Anti Aliasing
    Texture Filter (AF)
    Parallel Rendering
    Model Quality
    Soft Shadows
    Self Shadows
    Background Quaility
    Motion Blur
    Particles

Ran the test 4 times with each of the graphics filters.
    For the whole time pretty much wedged to 59.6-59.9 FPS
    Only during some of the character entrance scenes where a the frame rate very briefly (about 1 second) dropped to about 56-57 frames.
    In one of the 4 run throughs during Ryus Ultra animation the frame rate briefly dropped to 50.0fps but it was not during controlable gameplay so it was irrelevant.
    Graphics filfters had no affect on performance.

Then I ran it with Vsync disabled and frame rate set to variable. My frame rate started averaging out at 85fps. This caused the game to run considerable faster. Imagine 3 times the speed of Super Turbo!

So that got me thinking how high can I get my frame rate. So I turned the game down to its lowest possible settings at 1920x1200.
    FPS average =274
    Game ran at super hyper speed.

I then ran it at the resolution of 640x400 its lowest resolution setting.
    FPS=645
    Game went into warp speed. The sound could not keep up.
    Normaly the demo needs about 3-4 minutes to run through at 60fps but was over in about 25 seconds at this speed!

Also the funniest thing about lowest settings is that it does not even render a background. You fight in a pitch black box! Looks so stupid with screen tearing going ape ****, and gens flashing ultra!

I can safely say Capcom have done a great job with this.
    You will need an awful PC not to get this running at 60FPS on the lowest settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Nice one azza, thats good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Some good detailed info there m8, I hope the game doesn't require the cd to be in the machine to play, I wanna have it on both my laptop on PC.

I'd imagine the retail version will require a disc in the drive. Its using SecuROM for its DRM but not a version that has activiation limits which normaly does not require the disc in the drive.

You could always get it off Impulse or Steam. They won't require the disc in the drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Azza wrote: »
    You could always get it off Impulse or Steam. They won't require the disc in the drive.

can't you just register it with steam even if you don't buy it from them? Also cheers for the benchmark tool.

No you can't register the retail copy with Steam I'm afraid. Its something your able to do with only a very few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thelinked

This thing is awesome. I managed to get it up to about 300-400FPS on lowest settings.
    For some reason, AA breaks the game for me.

In what way.

Whats your PC spec and what settings can you run it at properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thelinked

Ok, my pc is.
    Intel Core 2 q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
    2GB DDR 2
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 gts 320MB
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

My drivers are 185.85 which are the latest.

I was able to max everything except for AA at my native resolution(1680X1050) and run close to 60fps. If I turn on AA all I get is a black screen. I can hear the pre fight screen but there is no sound after that.

• Advertisement

Must be a driver bug. No issues with AA here but I have an ATI card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I can't run this very well, looks like I'll be skipping it.

thelinked wrote: »
    Ok, my pc is.
    Intel Core 2 q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
    2GB DDR 2
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 gts 320MB
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

My drivers are 185.85 which are the latest.

Try the latest beta drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_186.08_beta.html

Also are you doing any sort of overclocking on any of your components?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pentium D 2.8ghz
    8600GT
    1GB RAM
    XP SP3

Runs at 60fps smoothly, although I have AA turned off. Will defo be getting this for my main pc (Q6600, 8GB RAM, GTX 260)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I can't run this very well, looks like I'll be skipping it.

Whats your PC spec?

Did not take long but there is already custom skins being made for the PC version.

Nothing too spectacular yet but here are new Cammy and Chun Li skins.
    Cammy
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/mikros/cammytex.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/mikros/cammytex2.jpg
    Chun Li
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/mikros/chuntex.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/mikros/chuntex2.jpg

Did not take long but there is already custom skins being made for the PC version.

I give it one week before someones released a skin of cammy in a fishnet body stocking, and one more week before Rufus also has one :p rule 34 ftw ;)

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I give it one week before someones released a skin of cammy in a fishnet body stocking, and one more week before Rufus also has one :p rule 34 ftw ;)

I give it a week til all characters are naked

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But they'll be like Barbie dolls.
    Besides, half the beauty of Sakura Alt.10 is that she's still wearing something skimpy...

Whats your PC spec?

Intel 2160 @ 1.80Ghz (2 CPUs)
    Geforce 8600 GT
    3 gigs ram

• Advertisement

Think your gpu is the weak link in your setup. Still you should be able to get 60fps on a mixture of medium/low.

What resolution you running at and what settings?

Think your gpu is the weak link in your setup. Still you should be able to get 60fps on a mixture of medium/low.

i have an 8600GT on high settings running smoothly

AA and all the fancy filters off, originally ran it on 1280x1024, didn't get much difference by lowering the resolution.

I think the fan in the graphics card is dodgy these days, maybe that's it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Impressed with the engine tbh. Ran it maxxed everything at 1920x1200 and it was solid as a rock. All 3 fights was stuck at 60 fps.....never left it once. The 4th test with the cast standing around, it dropped to 55fps though. But all the intro's, moves, and gameplay was solid and thats all that matters really.

The Ink filter is definately the coolest looking.

Having said all that, Im still not sure it's worth another 50 quid. I already have it on the xbox so I'll have to wait and see.

Its suppose to retail for €39.99 not €50 and I'm sure some online distrabutors will sell it at around €30.00. Remember PC games are normally cheaper than console games.

I heard Tesco UK where going be selling it for £17.99

Good point. Actually, SF4 was always cheap. I'd forgotten that I got it on launch day for 36 quid. Infact, its 23 quid in HMV at the moment. It may very well be cheaper than I thought. Worth picking up again for that price.

Good Kirby...I need a delicious Dhalsim player to perfect my pyshco power on!

Well you didn't need much help last saturday :p.

I always struggle against pyscho man....your one in particular had me pressured like hell in the corner.... mistiming my back+roundhouse and flailing about . The only fight where I was well beaten.... gotta remedy that with some anti-bison practice. Maybe I can win more than one match against ye next time. :o Its one of the few fights where ex yoga blast is useful and I didn't use it....and got stuffed close range with slides. Dhalsim shall train his foot for footsies next time.

Think your mistaking me with Blag. I only played you once and just about scrapped a win. I'm not too experienced playing a decent Sim so I'd like to learn the match up.

• Advertisement

Am I? I remember fighting two bisons. The first was my first fight there and I had a tough time of it. Was much better against the second Bison.

Gah. Nametags next tme people :D

Advertisement