Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter 4 PC Benchmark Tool

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jaysus. have it maxed out at home on 1680x1050. looks great!

Q6600 @ 2.6ghz
    8GB DDR2 RAM
    GTX 260 216 SP
    Vista 64 bit SP2

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Join the SF IV steam group cherryghost
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/StreetFighterIV

More Irish players the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I know it's going to run fine on my main PC, as it runs Crysis without a bother, but just tried it out there on my HTPC.

Here's the specs:
    E6600 @ 2.4Ghz
    4GB PC2-8000 RAM
    8800GT (overclocked 730/930)
    Vista 32bit

Ran like butter with everything at the highest allowable settings and at 720p. Stayed at a solid 60fps with vsync on. Impressed, Capcom have really cleaned up their game in regards to ports.

Capcom never did bad ports. The crap ports of previous Capcom games like Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition and Resident Evil 4 where out sourced to Source Next and published by Ubisoft. Any game that they have worked directly on recently for the PC has been a good port.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

To be fair, thats not an excuse. Its still a Capcom port. Just because you ask mary down the road to do it for you......its stil your port. Valve did the same thing with the orange box on the ps3. Outsourced it and it was a poor product because of it.

If you hire a load of chaps to port a game and it turns out poorly, you can't turn around and say "not our fault! they did it!". You picked them to do it, you paid them, you knew their finished product was shoddy and still released it anyway..... or in capcoms case, allowed your IP to be released.

• Advertisement

Thats the equivelent of blaming EA for crappy support on Battlefield 2 when it was actually the developers fault and not the publishers or blaming Activision for Call of Duty: World at War bring crap (matter of opinion which may not necessarily reflect the opinion of poster :)).

The reason Valve outsourced The Orange Box to EA was because they had not the manpower to do it themsleves at the time, being still a small sized company in terms of manpower. Gabe Newell also has a strong like for the PS3 architecture. Who knows what reason Capcom had for outsourcing their previous IP's but they are handling all the PC versions of future games internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sound files relating to Deejay and T.Hawk found in the benchmark program:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/jun/15/dee-jay-and-t-hawk-sounds-files-sf4-benchmark/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Great I have a similar spec to the op and game at 1920x1200 also.

Good to know there will be no issues.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ssjkiego

Intel (R) D CPU 3.96 GHz
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 Series

1280 X 1024 60Hz 2X AA

Vista 32 BIT

i can hear everything fine, and i can see the startup logo's just not SF4 itself.
    i can see the FPS and the SF4 logo on the lower corner but...

i just cant get a picture of the GAME is there anything i can do you guys?
    preferably not having to spend any money?

ssjkiego wrote: »

Ouch! What other games have you managed to get running on that?

Have you updated it's drivers recently?

• Advertisement

i have no clue how to manually... ive loaded your typical mmorpgs...but no other games...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Intel (R) D CPU 3.96 GHz

1280 X 1024 60Hz 2X AA

Vista 32 BIT

i can hear everything fine, and i can see the startup logo's just not SF4 itself.
    i can see the FPS and the SF4 logo on the lower corner but...

i just cant get a picture of the GAME is there anything i can do you guys?
    preferably not having to spend any money?

You could try turning down the settings in the ini file (located in localsettings/applicationdata/capcom i think) if you dont have access to the menu. Also, you could run the game through 3d analyzer (an app which emulates graphics cards)

Ive been looking for this "emu" and ive come across some as 1K MB and one as 4GIG's
    which one is real?

also i cant find my localsettings folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings

gotcha! thanks!

i tried everything and read the readme that came with 3D ANA...and still nothing...

the only result i got was not seeing ANYTHING AT ALL! so i think im just screwed

Try turning AA off completely. When I used max AA it ran fine.....but when I tried simple AA x2, the thing crashed.

Ive been looking for this "emu" and ive come across some as 1K MB and one as 4GIG's
    which one is real?

also i cant find my localsettings folder...

Try this. Also, try skipping pixel shader 2.0 or something like that

Kirby wrote: »
    Try turning AA off completely. When I used max AA it ran fine.....but when I tried simple AA x2, the thing crashed.

[SYSTEM]
    RenderingThread=OFF
    [DISPLAY]
    Resolution=1280x1024
    RefreshRate=60Hz
    FullScreen=OFF
    VSync=OFF
    FrameRate=VARIABLE
    Aspect=16:10
    [GRAPHICS]
    MSAA=NONE
    TextureFilter=DEFAULT
    ModelQuality=LOW
    StageQuality=LOW
    SoftShadowQuality=LOW
    SelfShadowQuality=OFF
    MotionBlurQuality=OFF
    ParticleQuality=LOW
    ExtraTouch=OFF
    Brightness=100
    [BENCHMARK]
    Type=BATTLE+DEMO
    Loop=OFF
    [GAME]
    FPS=OFF

what should i do with this?

"MSAA" is anti-aliasing......and it appears its already turned off. Thats my idea out the window :p

Try altering the "Resolution" in the ini file to 800x600. Also change the "Aspect" to 4:3. See if that helps. Turn "FullScreen" on aswell.

Remember to save and close the file before you load up SF4 again.

Kirby wrote: »
    "MSAA" is anti-aliasing......and it appears its already turned off. Thats my idea out the window :p

Try altering the "Resolution" in the ini file to 800x600. Also change the "Aspect" to 4:3. See if that helps. Turn "FullScreen" on aswell.

Remember to save and close the file before you load up SF4 again.

common im not that much of a newb...but i would at least have a fighting chance at sf4....

* tries it*

here we go...
    it looked really clean like it was about to work but im stuck back at square one. no title screen...

OMG I SAW THE VS SYMBOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Well, if you're having this much trouble with the benchmarking tool then it simply won't be possible to play SF4 on your computer! I had to face up to this fact too :(

didnt EVO moment 2004 teach you anything?!!?!?!? you cant give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

didnt EVO moment 2004 teach you anything?!!?!?!? you cant give up!
    Think you mean PRO-TIP #7 from 2007:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Havnt a clue what was goin on in that clip lol:confused:

:pac:

I heard a "mahval baybee" so it must be good :D

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

I think they just had a real match

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Runs @ 91fps or so on mine: 1600x1200, everything maxed on watercolour effect.
    I think its the video card: ATI 4870 that helps a lot. Capcom also have also amazing code!

How close is the PC to the arcade ?

Its pretty much identical. Capcom confirmed there is some slight differences in audio. They change the audio files to better suit the home enviroment, plus there is 5.1 dolby digital support in the home version.

Capcom also confirmed the games run at identical speed on the arcade/home versions.

Some people claim that the shadows are more defined (darker) and the colours are slightly different in the arcade version but its possible this is just to do with the contrast ratio and brightness settings of the LCD screen used in the arcades which is a 32" 16:9 screen if your curious. The same people said when they played around with the monitor settings they got it to match up. The arcade version runs at 1280x720 the same as the two console versions.

The health and super meter bars are in a different location on the screen in the home versions. But there is setting that puts it to the arcade location and you can also place it in a custom position.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Welcome to the world of MVC2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

hehehe.

Btw those people who can't seem to run the game, I dunno what your specs are but I'm sure even a 50euro GFX card would do the trick for this game.

Advertisement