Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter 4 PC Benchmark Tool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

After updating my graphics card drivers (thanks for the reminder Azza), the benchmark now runs fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    hehehe.

Btw those people who can't seem to run the game, I dunno what your specs are but I'm sure even a 50euro GFX card would do the trick for this game.

Except for those of us who have bull**** integrated chipsets!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

integrated chips are easily the worst thing to happen to pc gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

animaX wrote: »

I'm getting a Dell netbook with a 10" screen and some crappy intel integrated graphics next week to watch some movies on a long plane journey I'll be on at the end of the month.

I've made it my goal that I WILL get SFIV running on it in some form* :p

*note: I'll probably give up after 10 minutes and just stick to SF3:TS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ssjkiego

so...i still have a fighting chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

How is the integrated chipset stopping you putting a new GFX card in there?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10488&mfr=&filter=PRICE.-50.

Theres cards under 50 euro, I'm sure one of those'll run the game on low at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

To be fair, if somebody is running an integrated chip in this day and age, I highly doubt that their motherboard has PCI-Express Cunny-Funt. AGP could be an option tho......

Most of em are probably on laptops anyway so regular cards wont work.

Kirby wrote: »
    To be fair, if somebody is running an integrated chip in this day and age, I highly doubt that their motherboard has PCI-Express Cunny-Funt.

Why did they stop making mobos with cards built into them after PCI-E came out? I assumed non gaming rigs would still be using those horrible intels.

If this is the case they're screwed alright. :(

Lads yeas should always make it clear if yeas are on lappys or not, makes things easier for us giving suggestions.

If people are willing to spend money however, for the price of a console you could pretty much buy a pc that can play it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

all motherboards come with a standard pcie slot. the integrated intel crap doesnt change that fact

Um no? all MODERN motherboards have PCI-E. PCI-E wasn't used up until about 5 years ago. Before that, motherboards had regular PCI expansion slots, and graphics cards were installed using AGP ports.

So back to my original point, anybody who cant run Street fighter on here, is likely using an old PC.......which means they wont have a pci-e slot. Therefore a total system upgrade or an AGP card is the solution.

• Advertisement

Um no? all MODERN motherboards have PCI-E. PCI-E wasn't used up until about 5 years ago. Before that, motherboards had regular PCI expansion slots, and graphics cards were installed using AGP ports.

So back to my original point, anybody who cant run Street fighter on here, is likely using an old PC.......which means they wont have a pci-e slot. Therefore a total system upgrade or an AGP card is the solution.

yeah thats what i meant

i dont think people have an old pc. its more to do with more pcs using integrated intel crap. so theres an empty slot there.

Yeah I'm on a laptop but I knew from the start it would never run on mine. Looking for a ps3 now!

Yeah I'm on a laptop but I knew from the start it would never run on mine. Looking for a ps3 now!

oooooooo let me tell you man, I bought a ps3 just for this game, I was a feckin eejit but I just couldnt wait for the PC release. But playing the ps3 version resulted in my STILL looking forward to the PC release as its a load of balls on the PS3/consoles in general. Online gaming is just better on a PC. Also you and plug both a ps3 pads AND 360 pads into a pc, and their sticks etc. As well as the massive range of PC game controllers.

So you have way more options too. You could get a PC that could play this for around the price of I PS3 man, I really recommend a PC :cool:

If you were going to buy a console for this game, why would you choose the most expensive option? You can get a basic 360 on adverts for like 100 quid.

yeah but then you have to play it on a 360 :p with the whole 'you can't game online unless you pay us muahaha' and that horrible horrible controller.

yeh but, you are using a stick anyway so the controller is irrelevant......and its a much better controller for every other type of game than the dual axis.

Regarding xbox live, you get free months when you buy a console.......and you can get one month cards for a few euro. Considering you would only have to wait a few months for PC version, it would still work out much, much cheaper.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well a PS3 better complements a PC than an Xbox 360. 90% of the games released on Xbox 360 are released on PC. You have a better selection of exclusive games to choose having a PC and PS3 as opposed to PC and Xbox 360.

Why did they stop making mobos with cards built into them after PCI-E came out? I assumed non gaming rigs would still be using those horrible intels.

They didn't. You can still get mobos with Integrated Graphics that also support PCI-E. Most mATX boards released in the last few years would have both. Integrated gfx is really only included for SFF HTPCs though.

Thats true. 360 and pc have overlap.

But on the flipside, there are only a couple of ps3 exclusives worth having. Uncharted is generally considered to be one of them, Little big planet, killzone and resistance would be the others. Its kind of barren after that. Its one of the reasons I havent ponied up the scratch for one yet. Thats, and no backwards compatability at the moment.

Its kind of barren after that.

Also add, off the top of my head, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, MGS4, Ratchet & Clank, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo

There's also PSN exclusives such as Wipeout HD, the whole Pixeljunk catalogue, fl0wer

On top of this the upcoming Ico game "The Last Guardian" and the MMO shooter MAG.

That being said, for SFIV, if you aren't getting it on the PC, or have a PC capable of gaming, I'd probably go for the 360 as there seems to be a larger, consistent, community there.

• Advertisement

Yeh, you are right about metal gear, Motorstorm and Valkyria. I had forgotten completely bout them. Definately gonna pick them up when I get mine.

But the rest....Gran turismo has been in the making for years tho and still isnt out with a demo the only thing seen so far, Ive been told that the last ratchet is awful, and Ive never even heard of demons souls.

And Wipeout is just a poor mans F-Zero :p

I'm not getting a ps3 just for SF4, I'd just like to have one for gaming, bluray, ps2 back compatibility (I'm going second hand) and so on. My brothers have a 360 so I'd like to vary it up.

Plus I just really dislike pc gaming for some reason! (cue the onslaught....)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

True, I haven't a good PC at all so use my 360 for the games I'm missing on it. However I also buy all my third party games for the 360 because some of the PS3 ports are outrageously bad. Still some good exclusives for the PS3 although not an awful lot. Only really Uncharted, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles and Demons Souls have grabbed me. MGS 4 was disappointing and a bit rubbish.

F-zero is indeed a poor mans F-zero but until Nintendo get the finger out and stop making 'lifestyle' games it will have to do. Good thing it's a damn fine game.

Plus I just really dislike pc gaming for some reason! (cue the onslaught....)

I can understand that point of view perfectly animaX.

I have a very powerful PC and can play all the games out there. MMO's , RTS, FPS's are designed with mouse keyboard in mind so thats a huge plus. Also, Online communities are much, much better with forums, and chat, and ventrilo/teamspeak etc.

And you can try games out before take the plunge. I downloaded Red alert 3 and Fallout 3 before I bought them. Thats a big plus.

Having said all that, there are times I'm glad I have a console. Firstly, you never have to worry about compatability on a console. It runs the way the developers inteded it to. End of. Street fighter on the Pc is gonna be tricky as people are playing with different frames per second and thats a real killer. Don't have to worry bout that on a console. With a PC, you have to worry about hardware and software settings, viruses, incompatibilites, etc.

Its expensive to build a machine that can run all the modern games with eye candy.....much more than a console.

Another thing is the chair. Its a little abstract but bare with me. Most people have their PC's in a corner, on a desk, with an argos style computer chair. Thats not comfortable after a few hours and its not social. Now, you console is usually attactched to your main tv, with a big sofa so your mates can join in. It sounds like a small issue but it's a reason I think PC gaming is seen as more of a loner pastime. Ofcourse, I game on PC and console from the same Huge lazyboy and on the same tv so I have the problem beaten :D

So while I love my PC, I can understand people who shy away from pc gaming.

sssshhhhhhh.... Don't you know Retr0gamer is fanatical PC elitist, he goes mad when anybody says anything bad about the platform! :D

aarrrrrghuuuu urrrrrrghhhh muuuuust nooooot get innnnnnto PC v Consolllllee discuuusionnnnnnnnaaaaarghhhGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhh

I hold pc gaming in a very high regard. Recently jumping into a 'next gen' console after my last one (ps1) has done nothing but reaffirm my opinion that PC gaming is where the highest quality gaming experience is at. I'll leave it at thatttttt aaaaaaaarghhhhh uuuuuuurgh

**contains self**

yeh but, you are using a stick anyway so the controller is irrelevant......and its a much better controller for every other type of game than the dual axis.

Regarding xbox live, you get free months when you buy a console.......and you can get one month cards for a few euro. Considering you would only have to wait a few months for PC version, it would still work out much, much cheaper.

Okay so you were asking me why I went PS3 over 360, well what Azza says here was a massive factor:
    Azza wrote: »
    Well a PS3 better complements a PC than an Xbox 360. 90% of the games released on Xbox 360 are released on PC. You have a better selection of exclusive games to choose having a PC and PS3 as opposed to PC and Xbox 360.

Then theres the controller, I'd already have been using a PS3 pad which I hooked up to my PC to play 3rd Strike for a year. I had the awful experience of playing HDR with a 360 pad, its a ****ing disgrace of a pad. (Great for everything else though I agree, why not just fix the damn d-pad ffs!)

Then finally its the online thing, really bothers me. Microsoft basically took advantage of console gamers ignorance and charged them for what others have been getting for free since the dawn of online gaming, and that is, simply the right to go online and play your games. Its nothing to do with how cheap it is, its the fact that they charge you money for the right to play online games that pisses me off big time.

With all that said however, if I was not a PC gamer, and just wanted a gaming console, I would probably go 360 as its the more logical choice.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    They didn't. You can still get mobos with Integrated Graphics that also support PCI-E. Most mATX boards released in the last few years would have both. Integrated gfx is really only included for SFF HTPCs though.

Just as I thought alright.

Yes, it would be nice if xbox live was free. PSN is free. That is good.

Having said that, which is the better system? which is the better experience? Only the foolish would claim that sony has the better system. Some people would argue, you get what you pay for.

Look at it this way. You can choose to use a free operation system in Linux. Or you can choose to pay Microsoft for a better operating system in Windows.

Now, Microsoft have recently been alluding to the fact that they want to introduce ads to Live. I'm heavily against that and think its a piss-take tbh. I'm paying my subscription....you are getting my money....you shouldnt be double gouging me. Its like RTE charging a License fee and then having ads. Its a disgrace. So I don't agree with alot that goes on, but I do think Live is worth paying for.

Many would argue that windows is a vastly inferior operating system. But since I'm primarily a gamer Windows suits me more.

I don't really care about how poor the PSN is, most of my online gaming is done on PC. Stop gap to hold me over till SF IV PC release. It can go jump now for all I care.

Yes, it would be nice if xbox live was free. PSN is free. That is good.

Having said that, which is the better system? which is the better experience? Only the foolish would claim that sony has the better system. Some people would argue, you get what you pay for.

Your forgetting I'm coming from a PC gaming background here, online is FAR better on the PC and you don't have to pay some company for the right to play your game online (other then ISP etc or if your playing an mmo). I'm not some PS3 fan boy and I think the 'get what you pay for' talk from a lot of 360 heads is totally missing the point. You shouldn't be paying for what your getting in the 1st place. What your getting is standard. Your being duped into thinking its normal to pay for this. Microsoft pulled a fast one and timed it perfectly as online gaming was still very new to so many in the console world. If they didn't pull their fast one this generation they'd have never pulled it off. Think 360 people would be just as outraged as I am now if it was free this time around and then they tried to charge for the next gen.

Anyway this is going off topic :p

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Many would argue that windows is a vastly inferior operating system. But since I'm primarily a gamer Windows suits me more..

Would those people be virgins whose weekly highlight is compiling a kernel? :p

You shouldn't be paying for what your getting in the 1st place. What your getting is standard. Your being duped into thinking its normal to pay for this. :p

But it's not the standard. Its superior to the Wii and Playstation networks in every way. They are the standard. Its not normal to pay for online......but its normal for online to suck for consoles. Isn't that a fair trade?

Basically, you are saying that Live should be free. And perhaps you are right. But its naive to think the quality of Live would be the same if it was free. Its the best system of the 3 because it's had the most amount of money invested in it.......the same way Windows is superior to Linux because its had millions upon millions invested in it.
    If Live was Free, it wouldn't be as good as it is.

And off-topic rules!

Advertisement