Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPPoE

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

hi, not sure if this is the right place but anyhoo, im trying to find my pppoe password and username, does anyone know where might find it?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hi, not sure if this is the right place but anyhoo, im trying to find my pppoe password and username, does anyone know where might find it?

Which isp are you with?

Are you looking for the password and username for your router or to acually connect to the net?

If it is the router then we would need the make and if it is the isp you will probably have to contact them yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

With BT... It goes like:

Username: userid@btbb
    Password: userid

The password is always the part before the @btbb..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i have my internet set up, but i need the parts for my ps3, im with eircom . thx for the replies.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why do you need a ppoe for the ps3? (I am genuinely not familiar with the ps3)

Eircom Settings

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Incoming Mail Server
    (New Webmail users):
    webmail.eircom.net

Incoming Mail Server
    (Webmail Classic users):
    mail1.eircom.net

Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net

Mail Server Type:
    POP3

more settings

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Webspace FTP Server:
    homepage.eircom.net

FTP Server Port:

Default Web Folder:
    public_html

Default Web Page:
    index.html

ok that confused me , to hook up the ps3 to the internet and change the nat type you need to enter your PPPoE information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ok that confused me , to hook up the ps3 to the internet and change the nat type you need to enter your PPPoE information.
    huh I thought pppe was the ISP side of it.

isnt the PS3 just the WEP key or whatever way ya have your security set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

PPPoE on the PS3 with Eircom,the username - eircom doesnt work for me,although eircom@eircom.net does!

@ seanybiker you can set it up just with the isp and ssid information, but then i get nat type 3, to get nat type 1 i need my pppoe information, i think i may ring up eircom during the week.

quick update: i checked over at the ps3 forum and got it, thx for all the input guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

nice one. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

CutzEr wrote: »
    With BT... It goes like:

Username: userid@btbb
    Password: userid

The password is always the part before the @btbb..
    Not true with my account - mine is "name@btbb" for username and something different for password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Not true with my account - mine is "name@btbb" for username and something different for password.
    By default it is, you must have requested a change.

Must have been my Dad - the man who barely knows what a mouse cursor is and he managed to get customised user details for the broadband connection. What NEXT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seano14

I'm sorry , i have the same problem , would you mind sharing the details with me , i tried
    Username - eircom
    Password - broadband1

It didnt work.

EDIT : what worked for me was

Username broadband1
    Password Broadband1
    Difference being the capital B.

In relation to those people who are having NAT problems with their XBOX 360's, PS3's etc. i.e. not getting full access to the web, you're router may have a feature called "DMZ" (De-militarized Zone) which could help and prevent you from having to do stupid PPPoE settings for your console which isn't standard and unduly it will cause problems. It's purpose is to allow a particular machine on a network sit on the other side of the firewall and be exposed to the internet directly. It works in one of two ways:

1. One of the physical LAN ports on your router (you usually have four) may be marked "DMZ" so just plug your console into this and enable "DMZ" within your router on its config page or...

2. Set up your console with a private static IP address (might be called "manual"), go to your router configuration page (ask if you don't know what this is), find the DMZ section and tell the router to take the static IP address of the console as the DMZ machine.

This should be way easier than trying to find PPPoE settings and hoping they connect properly.

Advertisement