Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So i got banned...

Options
  • 15-06-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Woke up to this in my inbox
    Greetings,

This is to inform you that we have temporarily suspended your World of Warcraft account

Account Name: ******
    Date of Violation: 11/06/2009
    Type of Violation: Harassment
    Details of Incident: Attempted Account Scamming
    Character Name Involved: ****
    Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours (3 days).

At first i had no idea what I'd done, as trying to hack accounts isnt really one of my top pastimes. So after much headscratching and utter and complete amazement, i realised that it came from something stupid id written in general chat in Ulduar :
    http://bash.org/?244321

That link gives you an idea of what i posted. It was a joke, noone even came close to thinking it was serious and i guess some bollix reported me :(

Lesson learned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Dustaz wrote: »
    i guess some bollix reported me :(

Seems to be a few of them floating around boards lately..

... get somethin better to do lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

l8r m8

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

why do i get the feeling someone else just got banned too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Haha awesome.
    http://bash.org/?top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arcano

Owned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At least it happend at the end of the weekend...unless you work the weekend, in which case it sucks to be you (and me).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That quote wasn't actually him, he just said the same joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That is ****ing shocking to be honest. Theres so many spas on wow i dont join general chat channels. I got a gm giving me a chat, after i called a dk a remo'd spastic because he dint know what diseases were....seemingl i got reported for making derogatory remarks .....

Are they going to unban you after suspension? Id be straight onto them telling them it was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Thier customer support are a joke, Check this out:

lolatblizzgc4.jpg

The thing is i play with the fella i was "insulting" and was just throwing a sly dig at him for funs like, i lol'd quite hard when i logged in next.

Also another time i got banned for harrassment but they couldn't give me any details, to this day im 100% sure they banned the wrong guy. And the fact that they refused to divulge ANY info on it supports my case. not even a time and date, nevermind who or what was said. I missed an important raid that evening too >=(

Blizz support = untrained monkies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

To be fair now, how the hell do you expect them to know your "in-jokes"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

That looks like some quality banter, wish I played with you guys.

Mena wrote: »

If your not familiar with Dustaz joke from bash.org......I actually cannot even think of a witty reply because it is SO SO SO widespread : /

I'm interested to know how you got reported and who, were you playing with randoms in Ulduar?

Then again if it was someone pulling a prank on you, you got pwned :)

But its a bit **** that you need to worry about having banter with your mates in chat or whatever, with fear of one sour **** reporting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

thats brilliant...What a gob****e!

I don't see why you should be banned for his stupidity.

Seems either the admins may be on the same caliber as that guy or "protecting accounts of idiots" has been added to their job descriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

TheDoc wrote: »
    If your not familiar with Dustaz joke from bash.org......I actually cannot even think of a witty reply because it is SO SO SO widespread : /

It was in response to Nix post.

That being said, first time I ever heard of bash.org was today in this thread. Welcome to my bubble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

There's an awful lot of crap spamming that goes on in Ulduar General (or Naxx for that matter) - so much so I removed the general channel from my chat. Guess the GM's are keeping a closer eye on it lately.

I'm also banned from the forums, have been for about, eh, 2 years now, permanent ban for calling one of the CM's a cnut, a few times, in a few threads, nerd rage ftl.

First thing I do with characters is have them leave all the general channels.

So I just have dudes, guild and pm's and aprty obviously.

Anyone know a way to set a channel as default? I'm sick of typing "/3" before every sentence

I'm interested to know how you got reported and who, were you playing with randoms in Ulduar?

Then again if it was someone pulling a prank on you, you got pwned :)

But its a bit **** that you need to worry about having banter with your mates in chat or whatever, with fear of one sour **** reporting you.

Yes it's a well known joke.

But you can be certain that some players will fall for this in game, and end up typing their password into the general channel.

In my 5 years playing WoW and time spent as a GM for them, I have come across some of the stupidest people imaginable, people easily dumb enough to do this.

At the end of the day, what you did was easily enough to receive this suspension. Flaming the CS is pointless and lazy, if you take a proper look at the situation you should realise you were in the wrong. Technically you could have received a permanent ban, so you should be relieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

WellyJ wrote: »
    I have come across some of the stupidest people imaginable, people easily dumb enough to do this.

SWE ?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Mena wrote: »

It was an impulse recruitment thread, i was posting/bumping in it for laughs. it wasn't my first post in the thread and nor does it warrant a temp baning by any means.

Just look through the threads in that kip of a forum and compare it to the spam/flaming people get away with, a warning if anything would have been sufficent.

First thing I do with characters is have them leave all the general channels.

So I just have dudes, guild and pm's and aprty obviously.

Anyone know a way to set a channel as default? I'm sick of typing "/3" before every sentence

get a mod called Chatter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

At the end of the day, what you did was easily enough to receive this suspension. Flaming the CS is pointless and lazy, if you take a proper look at the situation you should realise you were in the wrong. Technically you could have received a permanent ban, so you should be relieved.

I never said I flamed anyone? I accept that this could be taken up wrong and I'm not too upset about it. Actually, I cant actually flame the CS because the UK phone number doesnt seem to be accessible from ireland

So to you and ivan and anyone else who worked in Tech, can anyone tell me:

1. Does the ban start from the time of infringement (last wednesday), the time of the report (last thursday) or from when i got the email informing me i was banned (sunday). No mention of this anywhere

2. How do i contact CS? Theres no irish number and the UK one doesnt seem to want to work.

I never said I flamed anyone? I accept that this could be taken up wrong and I'm not too upset about it. Actually, I cant actually flame the CS because the UK phone number doesnt seem to be accessible from ireland

So to you and ivan and anyone else who worked in Tech, can anyone tell me:

1. Does the ban start from the time of infringement (last wednesday), the time of the report (last thursday) or from when i got the email informing me i was banned (sunday). No mention of this anywhere

2. How do i contact CS? Theres no irish number and the UK one doesnt seem to want to work.

The UK number does work, mess around with the +44 **** :)

The ban should in theory start from the time the email was sent to you, but that depends on the competency of whoever it was that placed the suspension on your account ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I lold lee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hah, pretty damn funny.
    And yes, I pretty much agree with Welly. I'm sure the GM that had to deal with the issue knew what it was about and thought it was hilarious, but was still restricted by the policies and had to enforce the action.

Harsh, but fair, tbh :|

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The UK number does work, mess around with the +44 **** :)

The ban should in theory start from the time the email was sent to you, but that depends on the competency of whoever it was that placed the suspension on your account ;)

Im now on 84 hours and counting.

Submitted webform on monday - no answer

Cant call UK or Swe or Fra - premium numbers, cant connect to them through ireland

Cant post on forums - still banned and its been 84 hours now

Can someone who works there (i know you read this!) PLEASE get me a number to call from ireland (pref from a mobile)
    0901 8150779 is the uk number but i cant get thru . The international operator told me it was becauise its a premium number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yes it's a well known joke.

But you can be certain that some players will fall for this in game, and end up typing their password into the general channel.

In my 5 years playing WoW and time spent as a GM for them, I have come across some of the stupidest people imaginable, people easily dumb enough to do this.

Iv probley played pretty much every MMO going and in all my time and all those games I have to say WoW players really are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

That'll teach ya to be talking in general chat during raid times!

• Advertisement

Im now on 84 hours and counting.

Imba withdrawal m8

Advertisement