Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So i got banned...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Slashook

My Main Slashook was banned for 72 hours because hes original name was "Japseye" blizz thought it had somthing to do with Japanese People. lol Blizzard you got to love im :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Slashook wrote: »
    My Main Slashook was banned for 72 hours because hes original name was "Japseye" blizz thought it had somthing to do with Japanese People. lol Blizzard you got to love im :)

It does?

Surely it refers to the shape of Asian people's Eyes as being very narrow, just like your Japseye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Rofl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

I call bull on that, my friend who introduced me to WoW, started WoW almost same time as myself in v early beta and a friend of his in game had possibly the most idiotic racist name I have ever encountered. "Blackpawner" Don't ask me wtf he was thinking but there you have it that was his name. Now if you ask me that is quite alot more offending than Japseye. He was encountered by a GM in game and was given a choice of choose a name or a new randomised one will be issued. He choose a new one and that was that. Not that what you said did'nt happen it's just I think the above choices are pretty much the standered way to deal with racist names or names that associate the toon with a NPC like "King" or Warlord etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Heh, my DK's name had to be changed a couple months back. It was called "ihavabigdk" - yes kind of tongue in cheek but no malice intended.
    Anyway, GM said it was because the name was a sentence. Fair enough, he asked me what I'd like him to rename my character too, I said give us a minute to think then came back to him with "Péineasmór". He asked me what it meant and I said it meant "bigdk" in Irish. He said fine no problem, it's not a sentence.

So the GM himself named my character Péineasmór.

I've since changed it after transferring servers but was childishly funny for a while :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Slashook

Well it is a true story I think I was reported rather then a GM seeing it. but it was not meant to be racist in any way. LOL it referred to a "japseye" aka your "bell end" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Well it is a true story I think I was reported rather then a GM seeing it. but it was not meant to be racist in any way. LOL it referred to a "japseye" aka your "bell end" :)

Which comes from the racist terms for Japanese people having slanty eyes... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Guy currently playing in blizzard regional finals to qualify for blizzcon with the name demuslim, his name in game is demuslimhobo ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I got an alt called RancidBeaver, and he's still alive and kicking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dustaz wrote: »
    Im now on 84 hours and counting.

haha count the hours

Advertisement