Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym and pool facilities

• 15-06-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I'll be attending Maynooth in September, and I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the gym and pool facilities are like for students?

Any other sports facilities, ie: running track??

thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Swimming pool......errrr.......all I can say is that at least we have one.

The Gym is excellent, mainly because its free! I've always found a cardio machine whenever I want it, and there are two weights areas, one by itself that I personally find great in the mornings when nobody's around.

Track......not that I know off I'm afraid! CRAP loads of fields and pitches though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Swimming pool......errrr.......all I can say is that at least we have one.

The Gym is excellent, mainly because its free! I've always found a cardio machine whenever I want it, and there are two weights areas, one by itself that I personally find great in the mornings when nobody's around.

Track......not that I know off I'm afraid! CRAP loads of fields and pitches though. :D

Okay thats cool.... what is the story with the pool? Like, is it just that its small or what? I'm just a leisure swimmer so as long as its not dirty I don't mind. But it would have to be clean. Is it free too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

peanuthead wrote: »
    Okay thats cool.... what is the story with the pool? Like, is it just that its small or what? I'm just a leisure swimmer so as long as its not dirty I don't mind. But it would have to be clean. Is it free too?

yep its free.. its not the best or biggest pool in the world but the swim team use it so it cant be too bad:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The pool is fine. I use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

The pool is definately fine, and clean. I bring my son there for swimming lessons and I wouldn't if it was manky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

The gym is great as its free but I dont think I would pay to be a member of it.

The pool em...:o its about the size of kids pool but at least we have a pool :p

The gym
    http://sports.nuim.ie/facilities/newgym.html

The pool
    pool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

hey, if its free, then thats good. And it sounds to me like its clean, and from the pic, it certaintly looks like its cared for. Yeay. thats great, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sorry, just realised my post made the pool seem bad! I've never been so I can't comment on it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

My only complaint is that the weights room downstairs doesn't have any air conditioning (or if there is then its quite poor)... #

Sometimes you go in there and its like a sweat box, not very nice for the aul lungs :-\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i swim in the pool but it does be very warm.. thats the only thing when doing lengths, its way to warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Based on the historic campus of St. Patrick's College, this is the oldest functioning indoor swimming pool in Ireland (circa 1904). Fear not, however, because heating was installed in the late-fifties/early-sixties, and following a brief closure due to its deteriorated condition, received a new roof in 1997, and a complete renovation as recently as 2006.
    LoL @ 1904. Is it open to the public at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

No it's not. Unless you do swimming lessons.

Advertisement