Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam Results 2009

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The MBIS results are out as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Passed everything,2.1 overall.Happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

I passed mine :D

Whats a 2.1? Is that like your GPA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

Yeah its average between 65 and 70, or 2.2 is between 60 and 65...etc. It's all up on ucc website anyway in Marks and Standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

MoogPoo wrote: »
    Yeah its average between 65 and 70, or 2.2 is between 60 and 65...etc. It's all up on ucc website anyway in Marks and Standards.

60-69=2.1
    Pretty sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Open to correction, but as far as I know it goes like this:

First class Honours (1H) = 70%+
    Second class Honours, Grade 1 (2.1) = 60-69%
    Second class Honours, Grade 2 (2.2) = 50 - 59%
    Third class Honours (3rd) = 45-50%
    Pass standard = 40-45%

I got a 2.1 in Maths and a 2.2 in Physics. Hopefully, I'll bring them both up to 2.1 standard or higher next year! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

How many people do Bis here,im/was in 1st year bis..i got an exempt 8 and have to go back and do principles of accounting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fol20 wrote: »
    How many people do Bis here,im/was in 1st year bis..i got an exempt 8 and have to go back and do principles of accounting

Anyway who failed anything seemed to fail that.There's a few people on boards in BIS aswell it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Open to correction, but as far as I know it goes like this:

First class Honours (1H) = 70%+
    Second class Honours, Grade 1 (2.1) = 60-69%
    Second class Honours, Grade 2 (2.2) = 50 - 59%
    Third class Honours (3rd) = 45-50%
    Pass standard = 40-45%

I got a 2.1 in Maths and a 2.2 in Physics. Hopefully, I'll bring them both up to 2.1 standard or higher next year! :)

Don't think there is a 3rd class honours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

keane2097 wrote: »

there is im sure. Only 3.1 as far as i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

keane2097 wrote: »
    There isn't. 40 - 49 is a Pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 M_G_M_T

Grading Scale

The marking scale used in UCC ranges from 0-100%. The following marking system is used:
    1H - First Class Honours: > 70%
    2H1 - Second Class Hons, Grade 1: 60% - 69%
    2H2 - Second Class Hons, grade 2: 50% - 59%
    3H - Third Class Honours: 45% - 49%
    Pass: > 40% - 44%

Taken from here, http://www.ucc.ie/en/international/IncomingErasmusStudents/AcademicIssues/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

forgot to post on this... got my results last friday by some early site address.... got a 2.2 which i'm happy enough with but i was close enough to a 2.1 ... BIS2 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeterMC

Grading depends on college...

For instance: College of Medicine and Health:

First Class Honours: 70% +
    Honours: 60%-69%
    Pass: 50%-59%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Third Arts are up. Ended up with a disapointing 63 in History and an ok 66 in Politics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

1st Arts up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

passed!! provisional results dont change much.. right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neirbo777

provisional results only change when you need to borrow marks from a module to achieve a pass in another... Anybody know if the final percentage is rounded off to the nearest one? I got 59.666666666... wouldn't mind getting the extra .34 to bring my marks for the year up to a 2:1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Depends what year you are in i figure. I know that guys in my class got 69.7% in third year exams and didn't get rounded up but then this year in final year when they had 69.7% they did get rounded up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Passed mine! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

failed1 and passed 3.. does compo come into any play here? arts by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

It will say whether you have compensated beside the result of your failed module, done automatically, you don't need to apply for it or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I failed all my exams... Yes i am a lazy dumbass... Can u repeat them all???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I failed all my exams... Yes i am a lazy dumbass... Can u repeat them all???

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Cheers buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joegibbs

How does pass by compensation work? I failed one of my four modules in first year arts by 13 marks, will I have to do the repeats in august?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I went to two lectures from christmas to exams..............

and i passed!!! Boo yaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

and i passed!!! Boo yaa

I did the same for about half my modules!

Parsley wrote: »
    I did the same for about half my modules!

Man we'll have to meet up for a session... drinking or gym...thats the conundrum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I was certain I'd messed up one of my exams, but I passed everything so I don't know.

Can anyone tell me, in say, a core module where you're two in class tests, 20% each, and then a 60% final exam at summer, right? If you do really well in the two continuous assessment bits, and then fail the ACTUAL summer exam, but still have enough in the MODULE overall, do you pass? Coz I only needed like 10% of the summer exam to pass, but I didn't know if I had to actually pass the summer exam to pass overall.

• Advertisement

_Roz_ wrote: »
    I was certain I'd messed up one of my exams, but I passed everything so I don't know.

Can anyone tell me, in say, a core module where you're two in class tests, 20% each, and then a 60% final exam at summer, right? If you do really well in the two continuous assessment bits, and then fail the ACTUAL summer exam, but still have enough in the MODULE overall, do you pass? Coz I only needed like 10% of the summer exam to pass, but I didn't know if I had to actually pass the summer exam to pass overall.

if you have 40% done going into the summer exam, then to get 10% out of the summer exam you have to get around 17% of the actual exam right..... i think (it makes sense to me anyway!!)

Man we'll have to meet up for a session... drinking or gym...thats the conundrum!!

That free mardyke membership's great ain't it? :pac: How's about gym, then booze? :D

if you have 40% done going into the summer exam, then to get 10% out of the summer exam you have to get around 17% of the actual exam right..... i think (it makes sense to me anyway!!)

And yeah i think that's right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Perhaps it may be advisable, in the context of an economic recession, to try and do more than just simply pass.

Advertisement