Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Bad, bad news guys.

Whenever I get a crush on a tv character, within a few months that character turns into the world's most annoying pussy. And I'm sort of developing a crush on Eric.:( Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

iguana wrote: »
    turns into the world's most annoying pussy. And I'm sort of developing a crush on Eric.:( Sorry.

Well, as was mentioned earlier, he is in a lady gaga music video. He's only beginning to garner respect off me now as the shows gone on. Of all the Vamps, he's probably my favorite though. Had hopes for Godric but I've really had enough of Bills incessantly repeating "Sookie..." "I am vampire..."

Still best thing on the box at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Check him out in Generaion Kill (amazing amazing miniseries btw) he's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

DapperGent wrote: »
    Check him out in Generaion Kill (amazing amazing miniseries btw) he's fantastic.

Ye I was just going to mention this,the guy is a great actor. Was great in Generation Kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Have to say, I read the first book which the first season was based off...and wasn't impressed. It's all in first person which is an interesting style, but I found the author really poor. None of the characters had much personality at all, and her descriptive passages were awful. Sookie came accross as extremely whiny and dour aswell and I never get that impression from the show.

The series definately surpasses the book and the changes they made to the overall arc were for the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

What did everyone think of last night's episode?

I enjoyed it, i'm interested to learn more about zookie's powers...if maryann was bemused, it must be more that zookie really knows considering the power maryann has...can't wait to see what the queen looks like...it was very strange how Bill could get an audience before her so quickly, especially as he is considered a young vampire...

I really enjoyed this weeks episode. It was very funny but serious at the same time. So is Sookie developing new powers or was it just something to do with Mary-Ann?That was a great scene when Bill tried to feed on her.

All the scenes with the black eyed loons were very funny,especially when Jason pretended to be the god.There were a few other bits like when he had the nail gun to Arlene's head and they start shouting "yeh nail her!" :D There was also a disturbing shot of some old fella of about 70 doing some girl on the pool table :p

I knew something had to happen with Jessica and Hoyt,Hoyt's mother playing the Wii was brilliant as well.

I did enjoy the episodes when they were in Dallas but it is really got to have all the characters back in Bon Temps and now with the queen coming into it,it should get interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was an epic episode. There wasn't a dull moment. Loved all the scenes with Jason, Sam, Andy, Terry and Arlene especially. I had been wondering why Sam didn't turn into a fly as soon as they tied him to the car in the first place, but liked how it worked out anyway.
    Only 2 more to go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Very good episode.Jason was brilliant in it.As was Andy and Terry and Hoyt's mom playing the Wii was epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

God damn True Blood and their cliffhangers. :( I suspect the foot that is dropping blood belongs to Bill's sire. I don't know why, just a hunch. :p

Great episode, Jason was comical.

• Advertisement

decent episode but I think i preferred the last two eps. The "Vulcan mind meld" scene was a bit hokey and I thought they could've done it alot better.

That flash of power from sookie was interesting. It's good though, as they can develop her more if she is not as helpless. She has always seemed like fish food surrounded by all those powerful vampires, and this new power will give her some teeth and not have to be rescued all the time. :)

I'm wondering who the queen is. And is that blood from the person she is feeding on? or is she dead? well, deader than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

The Vampire Queen is
    Evan Rachel Wood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

2040 wrote: »
    The Vampire Queen is
    Evan Rachel Wood

I should've guessed as much, because I knew she'd be in the next episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I thought this episode was great, and just the right balance between the craziness, humour and the advancement of the story. Truly building up to a great ending of season 2. The writing just seems to be great the way it's able to introduce new facets with each episode.

The vampire Queen of Louisiana is a 500-year-old vampire from France who is charming, wily, ruthless and wise. She’s a consummate diplomat who has (or had) many of history’s most famous people on speed dial.
    Sophie Ann(The Queen) is supposed to be 15-16 yrs old and look that young and almost childlike.

8 of of 10 for this weeks episode

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I

The vampire Queen of Louisiana is a 500-year-old vampire from France who is charming, wily, ruthless and wise. She’s a consummate diplomat who has (or had) many of history’s most famous people on speed dial.
    Sophie Ann(The Queen) is supposed to be 15-16 yrs old and look that young and almost childlike.

How does a 500 year old vampire get to be Queen whereas a 1000 year old like Eric is only sheriff? I'd like to see more about the vampire politics and chain of command.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair, this week's episode was superb!

Had the perfect mix of drama, humour, tension and the damn fine writing that has been evident throughout season 2.

Jason, Sam and Andy in Merlotte's was just fantastic stuff... Terry is really coming out as quite a character. His presence was passing in the 1st season (same as Mary Anne but that was more an introduction for "larger things" this season) but he's definitely becoming an important character. In fact, one of his lines was my favourite line this week..

"Bullsh*t, God has horns!" and cue Andy with the branch! :D

I thought this week's was the best of the recent ones.. don't get me wrong, the last 3 - 4 episodes have been absolutely top-notch but this one just hit all the right notes!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Agreed - great episode this week. Lots of action, the MaryAnn storyline rocketed forward, good character moments, and lashings of humour. Jason in Kick-Ass Vengeance mode again was awesome: not only did they give him a chainsaw but also a nailgun. And to top it off? They made him into a freaking god. Hilarious!

Sookie's power is interesting and it seems there's more to her than her telepathy. I'm guessing next season might explore exactly what she is..

The Queen - well I don't know much about her but please people here be careful - I find even stuff like "I should have guessed" after a spoiler means I should be able to guess. I don't want any hints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how does an unemployed vampire like vampire bill fund his lifestyle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    how does an unemployed vampire like vampire bill fund his lifestyle?

Probably on the dole like everyone else.

Great episode...tee's everything up for the last episode. I thought that Bill was off to Eric but it was a nice little twist.

Jason was very good, giving out about the eyes etc.

Great show....really impressed with it. Plenty of silliness but plenty of proper story to go along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

basquille wrote: »
    "Bullsh*t, God has horns!" and cue Andy with the branch! :D

Best line of the episode :). Loved Jason trying to be a bad-ass, marching into the bar with the chainsaw then completely lost as to what to do and taking out the stereo to get everyone's attention, only to be promptly ignored.

It was also funny how Maryann's control of the town folk works against her at times: like when they tell the wacked out middle aged woman to call Maryann to tell her they've got Sam and she gets distracted by the "call Peanut for a good time" scribbling near the phone instead :D.

Terry in full military commander mode was excellent too and it was cool to see him so sure of himself, free of his usual nervousness. He also must really care for Arlene, since he put her safety above the "mission", even in his messed up mental state...

Another great moment was, and this is far from verbatim, when Sookie mentioned about Darlene getting killed:

Jason: "Who's Darlene?"
    Sookie: "A new waitress at Merlotte's"
    Jason: "There's a new waitress at Merlotte's?!"

He says it with such excitement in his voice since he famously nailed practically every waitress there in the 1st season! :D

Is Darlene a hybrid of Daphne and Arlene? :D

Still, that was almost verbatim except for the name - that was indeed very funny and the look on Jason's face when he's told that Daphne is dead (so he'll never get the chance :)).

J-blk wrote: »
    Is Darlene a hybrid of Daphne and Arlene? :D
    I admit it.. I've a terrible memory of names! :D

are there two eps left? or one long one for next week?

Kirby wrote: »
    are there two eps left? or one long one for next week?
    Nope, two week wait between next week's episode and the finale:
    2-11 - 30 Aug 09
    2-12 - 13 Sep 09

Anyone else notice Sunday night's episode was shorter than normal? 44 minutes vs 52 - 54 minutes normally.

• Advertisement

two week wait between next week's episode and the finale

Aaaaaargh! :mad: The wait will kill me... though then we have to wait for who knows how long for season 3...
    Anyone else notice Sunday night's episode was shorter than normal? 44 minutes vs 52 - 54 minutes normally.

Yep, saw lots of b****ing and moaning about it on some sites, though I guess that's all the story they had to tell for this episode, so it was a bit shorter. HBO/Showtime shows don't always stick to the almost exact same episode length as most network shows do...

BTW, did anyone find it strange that when Bill left Sookie urgently to make it to the queen for help in fighting Maryann, he still found the time to clean up and change clothes (or is it essential that you are sporting a leather jacket when addressing the queen) :)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great episode. Lots going on in it. Jason was great in this episode again as were Andy and Sam. When they got to bar first and the people started coming out of everywhere it was like some zombie show. That "God has horns" line was great. Terry really controlled everything in this episode. When Jason had the nailgun to Arlene's head the camera looked through his eyes and it seemed like his 'soul' was forcing itself out to save her. It looked the same when Tara's mother started singing scripture to her and she stopped shouting abuse for a second.

Bill attacking MaryAnn was great and then Sookie using a new power on her. I'm not sure what it was but it seemed to effect her mind. Whatever it is it'll probably be next season before we see much more of it.

Bill did get to see the queen pretty quickly. I doubt that that was her blood or leg in the final shot. It was probably just some human that she was feeding on.

Roll on next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Found this promo for the last 2 episodes on U Bend. ..go on have a look you know you want to !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwTXWJ_5I8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Found this promo for the last 2 episodes on U Bend. ..go on have a look you know you want to !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwTXWJ_5I8

Damn you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Damn you!
    Resist!

not gonna watch the promo. Never do. Prefer to be completely unspoiled as the episode has a better impact that way.

Kirby wrote: »
    not gonna watch the promo. Never do. Prefer to be completely unspoiled as the episode has a better impact that way.

Yup me too. Always regret it when I do look.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ye but that was his own choice. Eric mentioned in an earlier episode that Godric could have been King of Texas if he had wanted to,obviously based on how he went out he wasn't arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

great episode, god i love this show.

only 2 epiodes left and almost another year before the next series :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

According to the imdb forum, HBO aired a 10 minute fake vampire news report or suchlike straight after...
    It was good to see some humour in this episode compared to the seriousness of the last couple of episodes, love Terry and Arlene and the Jason posing as god thing, "Smite me mother****er!"
    Severe lack of Eric though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J-blk wrote: »
    BTW, did anyone find it strange that when Bill left Sookie urgently to make it to the queen for help in fighting Maryann, he still found the time to clean up and change clothes (or is it essential that you are sporting a leather jacket when addressing the queen) :)?

Yeah I thought that was strangely amusing too.

The choice of music too was pretty cool and you just knew it was going to end there without actually seeing the queen :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Namlub wrote: »
    According to the imdb forum, HBO aired a 10 minute fake vampire news report or suchlike straight after...
    It was good to see some humour in this episode compared to the seriousness of the last couple of episodes, love Terry and Arlene and the Jason posing as god thing, "Smite me mother****er!"
    Severe lack of Eric though...

Was having a look to see if you can view the news report things on youtube, it doesn't seem to be up yet but i did come across these.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Was having a look to see if you can view the news report things on youtube, it doesn't seem to be up yet but i did come across these.

Opr

very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

From one of those news articles http://bloodcopy.com/

Although fangbook.net doesn't exist

• Advertisement

they were very cool. A real "60 minutes" feel to them. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

truebloodposter_l.jpg

HBO | TVIV | IMDb

My favourite new show of last year is back.. discussion from tomorrow!
    I Just finished the first series,, where can I watch/get the boxset for the second one?! thanks

This episode was pretty good,but not as good as it has been the last few episodes. It felt more like they were just setting things up for the finale.

I really liked the Queen,Evan Rachel Wood was really good and I look forward to seeing more of her.Also a strange little thing with Sookie's cousin,what was that about? Bill has known she was there,the Queen knows about Sookie and this cousin is staying there but doesn't know what is going on in the outside world,she didn't know the gran was dead. Also loved her "sun" room with the pool and deck chairs :D

Some other interesting parts,so Sam knows Eric? I don't recall them ever having met in season 1,so they know each other from previous encounters,Eric knows Sam is a shifter.Great scene were he is just lying across the couch talking to Sam,then the conversation with Pam about the kids."Teaccup humans" :D Also,Eric can fly! rather strange.

The stuff with Andy and Jason was basically just set up for the finale but had some funny moments.

Is Bill going to deliver Sam to Mary-Ann? It looked that way.

So Tara summoned Mary-Ann with her "exorcism",she didn't mean it but that's how it happened,great throwback to season 1 there. Speaking of Tara,how stupid can she be? And her stupid mother! Pair of idiots.Now she is back black-eyed,with Lafayette in there too.

There was really a lot in this episode yet it still just felt like a set up for the finale in 2 weeks,still a good episode.

Promo for season finale, I didn't embedd it in case it shows any spoiler images for those who don't want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlEdWGZh1c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

End of the episode was a bit WTF, also what was the point of Eric going to see the queen for the exact same reason that Bill went to see her?

the scene outside between him and bill :). And that he is probably trying to act the hero to impress sookie. I have a feeling he will come flying in to save the day too....literally :D They can fly in the books, and I was wondering when that would happen in the show. Also, if you remember back to season one when Bill and sookie first go to fangtasia and its raided by the police, Eric clearly "floats" when leaving the club. So its not totally out of the blue.

No episode next week. Then the finale the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The finale isn't for 2 weeks? That seems daft, why have a gap before 1 episode? Argh!

Cina wrote: »
    The finale isn't for 2 weeks? That seems daft, why have a gap before 1 episode? Argh!

Its "Labour Day" in America,long weekend,I reckon people go away. They might think the ratings will be hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

tvnutz wrote: »
    Speaking of Tara,how stupid can she be? And her stupid mother! Pair of idiots.

Have to agree there, the best scene Tara was in was her first in season 1 getting fired and its been downhill since then. If Tara her mother and Eggs were killed off and replaced it would make the show better but I guess with affirmative action and all that in America they won't be going anywhere for a while.

Even though were near the end of season 2, I still get the feeling that there's plenty left in the tank for season 3. Eric to this True Blood is like Skylar to Heroes, a great character, to be honest Sookie would be probably better off with him as Bill just seems so boring.

Liked the Queens introduction and could be a great character in future episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Meh, I wish they got rid of Bill. Stephen Moyer is a dreadful actor.

Advertisement