Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS X360 wheel - pedals slipping

• 15-06-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I got my wheel a couple days ago. Its working properly and everything but something which is frustrating me is that the pedals aren't gripping the floor properly. I put them on a wooden floor but after a few laps of forza, I find them at a slight angle (pointing to the right) and I have to keep straightening them. All 4 rubber feet are still there. So does anyone know a solution to this? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It generally happens when they're not secure to anything unfortunately. A lot of the PC racers tend to make their own units but I'm sure they're are pre made stuff out there too.

Just had a quick google and came up with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I'm familiar with that thread. Big LFS man myself so I'm a regular at the forums.

Well, strange thing is, is that I have the sidewinder and I don't have anything to secure it and it gripped fine but something that I remember is that I was sitting higher up because the wheel was on a PC desk, not my coffee table :) so I just remove a cushion from my sofa to get my legs under the table for increased comfort rather than being high up and having to lean forward which can hurt the back after a while.

My legs would probably be at around 25 degrees so I'm not really pushing the pedals down like I would sitting higher up but more forward.

Its really frustrating me. I was considering getting a play seat but they're quite expensive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Have you looked at the wheelstand pro setups? I received mine in the post last week, not sure if it works with the sidewinder wheel or not, but it works great with my logitech wheel. They're also a great if you're tight on space as you can fold it up and put it away when you're finished

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Forza 3 has rekindled my interest in getting a wheel and that stand looks perfect

Advertisement