Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ME Sustainable Electrical Energy Systems

Options
  • 15-06-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Just been offered a ME in Sustainable Electrical Energy Systems in DIT. Just wondering if any one knows anything about it? Got a 2.1 in Mechanical Eng (UL) and have some experience with electrical/electronic Eng. Will it be tough for a Mechanical Engineer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

It's the first year for this course so doubt anyone knows much. I've been offered a place and am going to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

No bothers,

Might see you in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭shanejunkin

Guys, I've just applied for this course.... hoping to do it part time.

What career options do you think it will open up? What are you hoping to get out of it (other than an ME)?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

i would be interested to know this too, im in the telcos industry and looking for a career move. have been looking at this for awhile now...but would employers value it any more than a pure electrical degree...i know it has the title Sustainable Electrical Energy Systems but will it stand out?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭shanejunkin

I am currently working in the medical device industry as installation/equipment engineer. I have worked in manufacturing industry for the past seven years. I'm basically looking at getting out of manufacturing but not out of engineering.

I would like to think that this qualfication could:

a) open up some consultancy work on sustainable energy.
    b) open up some project engineering work on installing such systems to factories/office blocks etc.
    c) open up some work in the building industry as a generic electrical engineer
    d) also do me no harm in my current industry

Does this sound logical to you? Does anyone else have any thoughts on what this qualification might do for one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beereilly

Hi all, I was just reading this post and I am currently in the process of applying for this masters in DIT and I would be really interested to know how those of you who started full or part-time in September are getting on?

Do you feel the subjects are relevant and up to date etc. Any tips or advice you might would be really appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    B

Advertisement