Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geatest summer job?

• 15-06-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭

here we are in the middle of a financial crisis, with more people than ever looking for employment and funding. theres competition from colleges moreso than ever...but has anybody managed to snag a summer job?
    greatest job wins...

i'm working in a t-shirt company making deliveries and sundries

your go!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

phasers wrote: »
    :(
    Sounds like a good summer job to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I'm working in a book shop, four days a week, saturdays off, work in the stockroom mostly so get to plug my ipod into the computer and listen to music while I work, happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

:eek:I'm working in a bookshop too! selling schoolbooks to crowds of angry desperate people, bah.
    Its a pretty good job though, cos I get on well with everyone who works there, the boss is really easy going about time off etc/paying extra for the extra 15 mins after closing time I'm still there, and I get free tea/coffee and cake!(it's also a coffeshop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Wallet Inspector.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

None, unless one magically appears and offers itself to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

I WISH DUBLIN HAD LIKE A FUNFAIR/CARNIVAL SO I COULD WORK AT THAT LIKE SELLING CORNDOGS LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Relax on the caps lock, it appears your very angry with the lack of corndog stands in Dublin with your caps lock on baha. Jacks roll tester for Andrex would be a handy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Working in a summer school for autistic children for a few weeks. Worked with some of the children before, they're so cute :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Working in a summer school for autistic children for a few weeks. Worked with some of the children before, they're so cute :)

Aww, i did that during ty, they are so so cute :)

I've had a job for about 2 and a half years, working in the pro shop in a golf club, kept it up every sunday for all of this year except for the last 3 weeks so ill have that for the summer :D

And theres a computer beside me at all times so i have radio/tv/internet access :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Sadly Im not actually working as a wallet inspector, I'm really a plasterer.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Working with a Web Development/Graphic Design company. :D

Exactly what I wanted so I guess it's pretty lucky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

drawing silage and in a few weeks bairley then second cut of silage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Started working at a hard-to-explain-what-it-is-exactly wedding functiony type spa lake resort village place thing this week.

F*cking hate it already, constant pressure and shouting and bleh. Why can't I have a job in a bookshop? :(

Advertisement