Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

What the hell are you talking about?

@s[/EMAIL] are you not following!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It all depends on the person.

I would call Alan Sugar "Sir Alan" because I like/admire him (and I love The Apprentice!) I would also say Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Alex Ferguson etc. out of respect.

On the other hand, for "Sirs" like Reg Empey I would not use the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What do you mean you don't recognise the Queen? Like it or not, she is a head of state.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with him being called Sir Alan or Lord Alan (technically it should be Sir Sugar or Lord Sugar).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dsmythy wrote: »
    I wouldn't call anyone sir anything.

What about Sir Sha Ronan?

I'll get my coat.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

no heirs or graces.
    I'd tend to belive it too.

Better to be called "Sir" than sexless or impotent, I guess ;) Or maybe he's just good at using condoms! :D

But on the topic, I believe in equality, and some meaningless, pretentious title is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I bestowed the title Sir upon myself and i fully expect everyone on boards to refer to me as such, if your not comfortable with that just call me Hung Daddy, either is fine i'm not fussy.

Advertisement