Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek timeline

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Star Trek online has put up a handy (if rather minimal) timeline of the Star Trek Universe, particularly the events of the recent movie.

http://www.startrekonline.com/startrek_xi

Warning: Spoilers for the movie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

The continuity is ST is really way off, too many writers not enough coordination its what really annoys me about the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

what annoys me more is warp speed ?

isn't warp speed supposed to be the speed of light ?

or impulse ?

anyway so many mistakes in movies/episodes where it takes them too long or too quick to get somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

chezzer wrote: »
    what annoys me more is warp speed ?

isn't warp speed supposed to be the speed of light ?

or impulse ?

anyway so many mistakes in movies/episodes where it takes them too long or too quick to get somewhere...

No warp is not suppoosed to be light speed, its supposed to be faster. It is a factor so warp 1 (iirc) is 10 times light speed, 2 is 100 times, 3 1000 and so on.

There are a few episodes where this actually is mentioned and makes sense.

Max impulse is equiv to about 25% light speed also I think but not certain on this point

Advertisement