Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo it website

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Tell me what you think of sligo it's website and how could it be improved on. Visually what do you think of it? and also content wise does the website work for you. (student/Lecturer/alumini)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Tillotson

I think that the website is grand. Nice layout, missing nothing I can think of.

The only gripes I have are moodle and email, neither of which are your responsibility, probably.

Do many clubs or societies run websites / bebo pages etc? A few links maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

What is the problem with email.

Is it that it is filling with junk?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Tillotson

No way to search.

Can't get email forwarded.

Intermittent problems connecting to the server - went down for a day near the end of last term.

The junk is annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

It's fairly hard to find timetables and old exam papers on the library website.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

I'm a student in IT. (If my previous topic didn't give it away lol)

damos, are you actually in a position to do anything about the site or are you just looking for info for a some sort of project?

Whilst you're asking, I may as well answer!

The main/initial page is laid out well. Once you leave that though things get a little hairy! Non-standardised fonts for instance! The main example I have would be the "Examinations" page. That's only small in the grand scheme of things though.

I do agree with bobcar61, the library exam paper support is a joke. You cannot get any papers externally. You have to be physically inside the college in order to view them, otherwise you get a lovely 30MB placeholder.

Email is abused. So much rubbish comes through on that. Cars for sale, badly written mail, corrections to the badly written mail. Someone should really hold a course on email formatting and spell checking! I'm sick to death getting mail from the Archaeology dept. I'm studying IT. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IN HEAVEN JUST SEND YOUR MAIL TO THE ARCHAEOLOGY COURSE GROUP!!!!!!

Tillotson, there's no effective list of clubs & societies who run websites themselves. The college links to 3 clubs from their current students page:
    • Hurling Club
    • Sub Aqua club
    • Ladies GAA club

The actual clubs & socs page shows information from 2005/2006. I think that speaks for itself. Either lose it or update it.

So Damos! Need any more info?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 damos

No Im just looking for suggestions and then passing it on to someone who will be involved in upgrading the website.

Advertisement