Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney, July 4th

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey lads, any recommend me any good outdoor activities around the Killarney/Fossa area on Sat July 4th? Bringin herself down and would like to get outdoors. Love Killarney :) Anyone hear any reviews of the Quality Hotel since it re opened?? Staying there, looks lovely on the net. Cheers Lads. Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Liam79 wrote: »
    Hey lads, any recommend me any good outdoor activities around the Killarney/Fossa area on Sat July 4th? Bringin herself down and would like to get outdoors. Love Killarney :) ...Cheers Lads. Liam

well with Summerfest on at that time, you could partake in:

Sat 4th July Corran Tuathail Mountain Walk
    Sat 4th July Gap of Dunloe Killarney Valley Day Trip
    Sat 4th July Killarney Lakes Kayaking
    Sat 4th July Streets of Killarney International Street Performers Competition
    Sat 4th July Killarney Lakes & River Canoeing
    Sat 4th July Killarney National Park Horse Riding
    Sat 4th July 2.00pm Ross Castle Lake Cruise-Killarney Lake, Lore, & Lies
    Sat, 4th July 9.30pm INEC Ballroom Dublin City Ramblers
    Sat 4th July Midnight Ross Castle Midnight Walk at Ross Castle

... good timing by you both in my opinion, you will always find something to do here in town. I hope you both enjoy yourselves here on the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Or the Ring of Kerry cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

now thats a selection!!! U say there is things going on in the lakes :( we were hoping to take one of the cruises from Ross Castle that afternoon, is that gonna be booked solid now and off limits :( gutted. Is there a number to call to book a boat trip?

now thats a selection!!! U say there is things going on in the lakes :( we were hoping to take one of the cruises from Ross Castle that afternoon, is that gonna be booked solid now and off limits :( gutted. Is there a number to call to book a boat trip?

Ah now I wouldn't be looking so disappointed Liam79 - you'll be in Killarney like :D

- Cruises from Ross Castle will only be off-limits if/when the water is too rough and only then. Just because events will be held down there does not mean it is suddenly closed off to people who want to do something different down there. Check out Lough Leane 064 3 2638 who organise Lake tours via waterbus, row or motor boat at a cost of the Waterbus tickets: adults 8euros; senior citizens/students/children 5euros.

Hope the weather is nice for you now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Thanks a million for all the help lads :) Up the Dubs :D

• Advertisement

Hey lads, any recommend me any good outdoor activities around the Killarney/Fossa area on Sat July 4th? Bringin herself down and would like to get outdoors. Love Killarney :) Anyone hear any reviews of the Quality Hotel since it re opened?? Staying there, looks lovely on the net. Cheers Lads. Liam

Any feedback you would like to share re: activities / accomodation / atmosphere / town in general etc on the date(s) you were there?

Advertisement