Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The nice things he does

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

My boyfriend does lots of things for me that I really appreciate!

He makes me gorgeous dinners-His steak is legendary

Even if he is broke he tries to treat me, even just a chocolate bar which I think is so thoughtful.

He takes care of me when I am sick-He gives me lots of tissues when I have a cold, because I normally run out :rolleyes: When I had the flu one weekend he walked up to my house (an hours walk from his house) with some chicken soup :)

He buys me flowers and chocolate for no reason other than he thinks women should get them every now and then!

The best of all I think was that when he was depressed he said I was the best thing in his life, and that I helped him to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I love this thread :)

Well, he does a lot for me...
    -He puts up with my grumbles and random stories about work etc.
    -He let me teach him how to cook and now does a great attempt at recreating those meals and even manages to time the cooking so that it's done as soon as I arrive home.
    -He brushes my hair for me when it's all tangled from the wind and I find it very relaxing.
    -He buys me all sorts of fancy foods that suit my diet as well as his.
    -He texts me a "goodnight" everynight, with love.
    -He doesn't get angry when I try to get him out of bed early in the weekend.
    -He knows how to make me smile whenever I am stressing out.
    -He is always there for me, whenever, night or day. I could ring him up in the middle of the night to say I was feeling sick and he would not mind at all. Not one complaint.
    Ah, he's great :)

We are all very lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

He is very affectionate.
    He took time off work to look after me when I was sick.
    He is incapable of getting angry at me – even when I deserve it.
    He always holds my hand.
    He always helps with cleaning and cooking.
    To do a Bridget Jones ''He likes me just the way I am''

Here's one I am uber-thankful for – If he sees a spider in the house, he will creep around quietly trying to catch it and get rid of it, before I see it ( I am terrified of them :o).

Ah yes, am feeling all loved-up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

He loosens the chains if I ask nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

twanda wrote: »
    Here's one I am uber-thankful for – If he sees a spider in the house, he will creep around quietly trying to catch it and get rid of it, before I see it ( I am terrified of them :o).

I used to do this for my sister for years, now I'm doing it for my boyfriend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

MY Polish gf is the bomb. Things she does:

1. lets me go to the pub whenever i want and then will ring me before i get home to ask me what i would like to eat( she doesnt like wasting money on take aways) and will usually cook me a burger or pizza or whatever i want.

2. Gets up every saturday and sunday and cooks me a big fry up, she will walk espically to the supermarket to get my paper, fresh mushrooms and fresh rools and then will wake me up when its already.

3. Always has cans stocked for me just in case i run out.

4. Cooks me lovely meals after she comes home from work and sometimes will come home during her lunch hour to cokk my lunch.

5. Can watch whatever i want on TV as she hates english television.

6.I can be as messy as i want and she wont say nothing in fact she loves cleaning.

7.Always buys my favourite choclate and biscuts for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

MY Polish gf is the bomb. Things she does:

1. lets me go to the pub whenever i want and then will ring me before i get home to ask me what i would like to eat( she doesnt like wasting money on take aways) and will usually cook me a burger or pizza or whatever i want.

2. Gets up every saturday and sunday and cooks me a big fry up, she will walk espically to the supermarket to get my paper, fresh mushrooms and fresh rools and then will wake me up when its already.

3. Always has cans stocked for me just in case i run out.

4. Cooks me lovely meals after she comes home from work and sometimes will come home during her lunch hour to cokk my lunch.

5. Can watch whatever i want on TV as she hates english television.

6.I can be as messy as i want and she wont say nothing in fact she loves cleaning.

7.Always buys my favourite choclate and biscuts for me.

Lol, 99% of these reasons are food/drink related. The way to a man's heart really is through his belly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 redapple

This is a lovely thread. You are all so lucky. Its made me kind of sad sort of though... Im just back with my bf after a break (we were together 4 years) He is very affectionate and says the lovliest things to me and always has. I never feel unattractive around him and he is very verbal and articulate in regard to his feelings to me. More so than I would be, he goes on about how cool I am, and nice etc. almost to the point Id be in danger of getting a swelled head!

BUT he does nothing for me like the things you guys mention. He would NEVER think to buy me a surprise, or cook me dinner, and is unreliable with contact sometimes. We never go away, really, maybe three times ever. He even had not gotten me a birthday present as he was broke, he did later but not before stressing me out saying he couldn’t think of anything then gave me a voucher a few weeks later. I do all the cooking when we meet up and have to ask hi a few times to help, and he does then, he’s not rude about it but its kinda an effort.

I want one of your boyfriends!Swap anyone? Hes cute...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

He gets on a plane to come see me whenever he can, in a long distance relantionship and he hates flying!

He meets me at the airport when I fly to him with a bottle of diet coke and a bag of maltesers, two of my favourite things

He sends me lovely texts reminding me how much he loves and misses me every day

He gets on with my friends and family, sometimes they aren't the easiest people to get to know sometimes

He gets my brand of crazy and loves that I'm as much of a geek as him, but in different ways

He is determined to teach me how to drive

He makes me happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Ooh this is a lovely thread.

My husband is super:

- He tells me at least twice a day that he loves me and I'm beautiful.
    - He brings me tea and biccies when I'm watching my soaps
    - He is FULLY convinced that I am brilliant at anything I try to do.
    - He is normally home before me in the evenings and everyday he comes to the front door to greet me when I get home. (I find this particularly sweet.)
    - He runs my baths for me.
    - He's so gentle and loving with the cat - it's adorable.
    - I'm a terrible cook, but he always pretends whatever I make is nice and eats it going "mmmm" - he'll be serious about it but I just laugh.
    - He always helps my sister and mother out with 'man' stuff like lifting / moving heavy things as they both live on their own.
    - I've only ever seen him get really mad on a few rare occassions and all of them were because someone did / said something against me.
    - he tries to fold my underwear before putting it away from the laundry basket as he knows this is what I do (yes I know I'm anal!)
    - he buys me the biggest easter egg he can find at easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Umhm, ditto. This thread almost makes me want to resign my single status, not that I'm at all reluctant to give it up. :rolleyes:

You all have superior boyfriends. Do they have any brothers?[/SIZE]

Yes but his brothers are gob****es, I really got the best of the bunch from that family. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

All those nice lads sound just like me, and i'm free, do any of these guys do anything to annoy ye at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Tupins wrote: »
    Ooh this is a lovely thread.

My husband is super:

- He tells me at least twice a day that he loves me and I'm beautiful.
    - He brings me tea and biccies when I'm watching my soaps
    - He is FULLY convinced that I am brilliant at anything I try to do.
    - He is normally home before me in the evenings and everyday he comes to the front door to greet me when I get home. (I find this particularly sweet.)
    - He runs my baths for me.
    - He's so gentle and loving with the cat - it's adorable.
    - I'm a terrible cook, but he always pretends whatever I make is nice and eats it going "mmmm" - he'll be serious about it but I just laugh.
    - He always helps my sister and mother out with 'man' stuff like lifting / moving heavy things as they both live on their own.
    - I've only ever seen him get really mad on a few rare occassions and all of them were because someone did / said something against me.
    - he tries to fold my underwear before putting it away from the laundry basket as he knows this is what I do (yes I know I'm anal!)
    - he buys me the biggest easter egg he can find at easter.

what a guy........speechless. you lucky woman. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

He is normally home before me in the evenings and everyday he comes to the front door to greet me when I get home. (I find this particularly sweet.)

It's always nice when people are glad to see you when you get home!
    He's so gentle and loving with the cat - it's adorable.

+1

He irons for me. Mmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

The nicest thing he does is love me and my son unconditionally. Even after he saw me first thing in the morning and during that time of the month!! He brings me chocolate when i "need" it, he makes me coffee and lets me have control of the tv! He rubs my feet, back and neck anytime i ask. He makes me laugh. He'll cook and do the dishes for me. He'll get up and let me have a lie in and he'll stay awake until after I fall asleep as he snores like a b****** so id never get to sleep if hes sleeping first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I love this thread :)

When I'm upset and crying, he pulls me onto his lap and holds me like a baby and kisses the tears away from my cheeks

He always wakes up before I do, and when I can eventually open my eyes, he's propped up on one elbow, smiling at me adoringly

He picks me up at concerts because I'm so short I can rarely see what's going on, even though he has a bad back

He strokes my side really gently when I'm going to sleep and sings love songs to me very quietly

He washes my hair for me

He tries to pick out clothes for me in shops... frequently diabolical looking ones, but he tries so hard that I always try them on!

He carries me home when my high heels hurt my feet

He lets me go out with my girlfriends and never hassles me about being home late, being too sloshed, etc

All the cards he gives me are handmade

He writes me spontaneous love letters

He buys me little presents to cheer me up when I feel down

He rubs my tummy if I feel ill and encourages me to "just have a little sip of water, fairy, or you'll get dehydrated and feel even more sick"

Traipses around art galleries with me and makes appropriate noises of approval even though I know he's bored beyond belief

Tells me he loves the strangest things about me- freckles, my knees, etc

Appreciates everything I do for him and thanks me for it all the time

Tells me everyday that he loves me and wishes he could express it better

Doesn't mind when I "have a headache" and just want a shoulder rub and a cuddle

Kills spiders for me

Notices little girly things like when I give my eyebrows a new shape or use a different lipstick

Constantly tells me I look like beautiful celebrities, and then says "but you're so much more beautiful and unique"

Sings loudly when he's naked- it makes him feel "free" :P

I'll stop here or I'll be thinking of things all night. I'm a lucky lucky woman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Vomit

Sorry, not feeling well after reading this thread for some reason :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Corb wrote: »
    Vomit

I hate to say it, but me too!! :o I posted here about my boyfriend so I do appreciate lovely gestures and thoughtful presents, etc. But God personally I couldn't handle some of these, it would just be a bit too much for me- of course if you're happy then good for you and make sure you hold on to him!! But just personally I wouldn't be able for the tummy rubs/picking out clothes for me thing.

Then again, the way my boyfriend is, there's no fear of him being anything like that any time soon!!! Maybe we're more suited to each other than I thought!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Ollchailin wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but me too!! :o I posted here about my boyfriend so I do appreciate lovely gestures and thoughtful presents, etc. But God personally I couldn't handle some of these, it would just be a bit too much for me- of course if you're happy then good for you and make sure you hold on to him!! But just personally I wouldn't be able for the tummy rubs/picking out clothes for me thing.

Then again, the way my boyfriend is, there's no fear of him being anything like that any time soon!!! Maybe we're more suited to each other than I thought!!

I was thinking the same thing! Some of them go way overboard and I'd be revolted if he was singing love songs or washing my hair :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

SeekUp wrote: »

He irons for me. Mmmmmm.

The only thing on this thread that didn't have me running for a bucket tbh.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

The only thing on this thread that didn't have me running for a bucket tbh.:p

Hey, it's the little things, right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

Hmmm,... I'll be honest I feel unwell and also jealous!!!:rolleyes:

Vomit

I would say a lot of the posts on this theme are women subconsciously wanting their men "this way". Forget what I said but I probably engaged in a little fantasy myself. Thats what is coming through the posts for me, dont see a prob though. :)er, sorry , threads not posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

my boo does lots of cute things to say he loves me:
    for my 21st he wrote and recorded a song about me
    he buys me a Galaxy every time he goes to the shops
    he spoons me in bed:o
    he gives me lil kisses on the nose
    he sends me random "i love you" texts
    when i was sick last year he wrapped me up in a duvet and pandered to my every whim

loads more, can't think of them!

Vomit

ok Corb, got to agree. starting to make me go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭aranrn

When I do my girlfriend's laundry, sometimes I'll find a white G-String that's really stained. I don't even ask her if she wants me to steep it or anything. I just fling it in the bin. I don't make a big deal about it. Straight in the bin, no questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I'm feeling very deprived in my singledom reading this thread.:(

Yeah ditto.

aranrn wrote: »
    When I do my girlfriend's laundry, sometimes I'll find a white G-String that's really stained. I don't even ask her if she wants me to steep it or anything. I just fling it in the bin. I don't make a big deal about it. Straight in the bin, no questions.

so nice, so ..........so.............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My boyfriend is a complete committment-phobe, and finds it really hard doing couply things. But one morning after staying at his house he went to a shelf and took a little back box down from it and handed it to me (no, not an engagement ring, we're waaaaaaaaay off that yet, if ever!)- I opened the box and inside was his medal that he won in a soccer league last year and he said that he wanted me to have it cos I've always been so good about him playing matches/going training at weekends when we only get to see each other.

That mightn't seem like a lot to people who have posted here about foot massages/talking in the shower/chocolate during their periods- but for this guy that was a huge deal and one of the many reasons why I love my strange but lovely boyfriend.

I'm sorry if this is dragging up an old thread- but today I'm posting back that medal to my now ex-boyfriend and I just couldn't help remembering writing that post and how happy I was at the time, and how lovely some of the responses I got were.

We broke up 5 weeks ago, and turns out that committment phobia caught up on us. The medal still remains the most special thing anyone has ever given me and I guess I feel that if I can't have him anymore, I can't have the medal anymore either. I still love him as much as I did that morning he gave it to me.

As I said, sorry to drag this up, it's just a really sad day for me & I just wish I could go back to that day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm sorry if this is dragging up an old thread- but today I'm posting back that medal to my now ex-boyfriend and I just couldn't help remembering writing that post and how happy I was at the time, and how lovely some of the responses I got were.

We broke up 5 weeks ago, and turns out that committment phobia caught up on us. The medal still remains the most special thing anyone has ever given me and I guess I feel that if I can't have him anymore, I can't have the medal anymore either. I still love him as much as I did that morning he gave it to me.

As I said, sorry to drag this up, it's just a really sad day for me & I just wish I could go back to that day :(

Oh my god, you poor thing. :(
    It's rotten I know....let yourself grieve for a bit and take it easy.
    Break ups are so awful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

Maybe sending the medal back with the words of your original post might make him realise what he has got to lose. By no means a relationship expert,but hey just a thought. Good luck.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Awh this is soo cute!

Well here goes:

♥ He gets up and makes me breakfast every mornin when i'm getting ready for work - even when he's off.
    ♥ He rings me on my way to work and then will send me cute messages throughout the day.
    ♥ He walks me out to the car and when I'm home in the evening he comes out to take my bag & coat in.
    ♥ He is always asking me if I'm ok and is there anything I want/need.
    ♥ He has the patience of a saint, he never gets mad at me even if I lose the head with him over nothing. I do this when I'm tired or hungry - wish I didn't!
    ♥ Tells me I'm his everything and tells me he loves me all the time.
    ♥ My family love him so that makes me love him even more.

He's my world! I couldn't live without him.

Is this your BF? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=120272

This is a cute thread. Hopefully soon, I'll have someone to say these things about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Totally agree some of this is far too much!

I think a small part of me would die inside if my boyfriend sang me a love song. And not in a good way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

He is my BEST friend, he loves me, thats all I need :)

Maybe sending the medal back with the words of your original post might make him realise what he has got to lose. By no means a relationship expert,but hey just a thought. Good luck.

Sean

Ah he knew how much it meant to me, I often told him. I did write a letter though and included it with the medal when I sent it back, just with all the stuff that's been swimming around in my head- although I wouldn't say there was anything in it that I hadn't said already.

I don't want to turn this thread into a PI, but for those of ye who have posted here with the lovely things your OH does, just don't ever take it for granted- because firstly there are lots of lads out there who never do these things, and secondly you never know when those things will be suddenly missing from your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A few years ago something happened at school and it really got to me and it was really late one night, gone midnight I think, and I was texting him and I was really upset and less than ten mins later there was a knock on my bedroom window :)
    He came down and he just lay there with me until like 4am after I'd gotten a bit of sleep and calmed down. For four hours he just sat there in the dark. We're always on and off and at times he can be seriously difficult....but I'll never ever forget that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

A few times I've been horribly stressed over family or work stuff, and my boyfriend asks one question: What's wrong? I can tell him everything or I can tell him nothing; either way, he knows that once I'm finished talking all he has to do is hold me. It's so simple but it makes such a huge difference :)

He also strokes my hair when I'm sleepy, it makes me drop off better than any sleeping pill could!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Hmmm...

Back rubs

Has managed to cop on pretty quickly to when my monthly problems arrive and is extra nice to me then even though I'm evil. I mean EVIL. :eek:

Texts me stupid but hilarious stories when he's drunk.

My cooking skills are somewhat elementary but he devours everything I cook as if it were his last ever meal :pac:

Supplies me with chocolate.

He uses my words? Kind of a hard one to explain but little words and phrases that are unique to me....he makes a point of using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Love this thread!!

He loves me for who i am

He's never mad at me, no matter what stupid things i do aka washing his ipod, nearly crashing his car and not being able to make his birthday cos of college

He brings me breakfast in bed when we're hungover

He looks after our baba dog rebel when i'm at work

He brings me home the paper everyday cos he knows i love reading

When he wants to play his xbox he asks permission first :)

When my granda died,he died on the same day as our anniversary and the OH never once said anything wrong during the whole time my granda was ill. He stuck through the crappy nights when i didn't want to talk about anything and got upset over nothing.

Don't know what i'd do without him but i hope i can do exactly the same for him if he ever needed it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

tatabubbly wrote: »

When he wants to play his xbox he asks permission first :)

Jesus.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Giselle wrote: »

I didnt wanna say it!

Hes a boyfriend not a child :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

*We're in a long distance relationship but he calls me every single day and will talk for hours, even when I'm ranting on about boring nothingness.
    *I feel closer to him than anyone else in the world.
    *He sits on a bus for 6 hours to come and see me, even if it's only for a couple of days.
    *He has bought me some of the best, most heartfelt presents I have ever received.
    *He gives in to my constant demand for back massages (although I give him one in return :P)
    *He sends me love letters.
    *He texts me every morning before school and straight afterwards and every other moment possible. :P
    *He sends me cute pictures and draws me things sometimes.

Jesus I've gone blank, there are hundreds of things! I guess I'll post back if I think of more :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Giselle wrote: »

He only asks so i don't have to sit through hours of call of duty... Lets me know to get out of then room and go do something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Really cute thread here guys! soooo sweet :)

He remembers the very first things we ever said to each other the night we met.

He texts me sweet messages when were out together but doesnt tell me so when we get home or wake up the next morning i have a cute text saying "love you my sexy sealion" or something like that.

When Bebo was popular around the time we met we would have long long conversations on it while he was in work and me in college and he would leave me all his "bebo luv" everyday.

Yes he does ask permission to play xbox! lol

He told me, after being together just over 2 months, that he will be with me as long as he will have me.

Even when hes annoyed or pi**ed off, with me or whatever, he always touches me sweetly or makes me something to tell me that its just a row and he just needs time to himself! took me ages to realise that lol

He hates apologising to anyone including me, but he always will if he has done something wrong or he has made me upset over something he did.

He surprise me with trips to the cinema (which he HATES but knows i LOVE).

For our one month together celebration he took me out to the Westin for a fancy meal and cocktails.

For our 2.5 months celebration he brought me to the Westin hotel as I had never been in a hotel before.

For our 5 months together he brought me into town and to Hallmark and bought me the biggest ever Me to You bear never minding the cost.

We have just as much fun staying in having beers, watching Family Guy etc as when we go out.

We never run out of things to talk about and always have fun days and nights together.

He remembers certain movies/makeup/perfumes/songs which i like and names of my best friends ive had before.

He cooks yummy stuff for me and wont let me cook when hes not there in case i burn myself :)

He makes my cuddly toys talk and personifies them which he knows i LOVE!

He brings me on some lovely drives and even brings me to McDs even though he hates eating junk food -he loves his healthy diet.

He calls me by cute nicknames and takes on my people who look like animals thinking very seriously, Im a sealion and hes a Panda.

He always wakes me up with a kiss on the hand before he gets up for work.

He always gives me a big hug when he comes in from work.

He puts up with my Ben Stiller crush and even lets me watch a movie of his on TV if theres nothing else on!

He always kisses me goodnight.

He always promises he will never break my heart and if he thinks he has said something really bad to upset me then he kisses my heart and says "is that crack healed now?"

He always finds certain celebrities who he thinks i look like and whenever they are on TV he says "wow shes hot" and then says "looks like youuuuuu".

Always knows what to say, seriously he should work for a valentines card making factory.

For our 6 months he brought me in to town and bought me a gorgeous expensive black dress which i liked for ages.

He went to see Mamma Mia with me 4 times in the cinema, i loved it so much.

He can tell me my 5 top movies.

Hes completely 100% truthful to me about everything, and I am to him.

He always gives me the best advice on what to wear when we go out, and when were out he always says that im the best looking or "funkiest" (our word) girl here.

He always makes my birthday extra special in some way.

He knows what i mean when i call him hunky or dishy, my words lol.

He always thinks of little or big traditions for us to keep doing.

He always thinks of little things to tell me because he knows what i love to hear.

When he was staying in my place he always tried to help out as much as he could around the house which he didnt have to at all.

When i feel sick after a night out he always cuddles me till i feel better.

We have great shopping days out together.

Hes great in bed, i mean GREAT and up for trying anything! ;):):D

Hes my best friend in the whole world and i could tell him anything.

Hes my soulmate.

Theres loads and loads more but thats all i can think of now :):)
    Together 2.5 years, hopefully forever! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Oh I completely forgot:

*He makes cute puppy noises, particularly when we're on the phone, even if he happens to be in public. Haha.
    *He makes me promise not to lose any weight lest I lose my curves :P
    *He always compliments me and says he's proud of me, and I actually believe him.
    *He makes me feel so good about myself.
    *He watches the worst films with me because he knows I like to make fun of them.
    *He spends lots of time with my family and is always so lovely to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

I have been reading all this lovely posts and I was getting a bit upset thinking that my OH rarely does any 'romantic' things but then I copped on and realised its not about the big gestures or the presents your bought that shows someone cares

The nicest thing my OH has ever done for me, is want me, unexplainable, unconditionally and truthfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Christ ... I'm all for the odd romantic gesture etc, but I honestly could not put up with it if my boyfriend did some of what's on this thread! :eek:

In fact, I've broken up with boyfriends in the past for being sickeningly sappy! Reading some of these posts, I'm sorry but I have this image in my head of the boyfriends in question being love-sick little puppies!

I suppose different people look for different things in relationships though. :)

(And by the way, some of the posts are very sweet - there's just a couple that made me go :eek: !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Can't be bothered writing big long list, but recently my boyfriend did the sweetest things ever, he knows me so well!

We were flying home separately from Vegas (I stayed on a few days with a friend), he flew home first, and when I arrived home jetlagged and wrecked he told me he had bought me a surprise on his way back.

He had bought me a bottle of Molson Canadian Beer in JFK airport, because he knows it's my fave beer in the world, from when I lived in Toronto a few years back. It meant so much that he had remembered the "maple leaf label" I have reminisced about, and actually gone to the bother of picking it up when he was hungover and broke on his way home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

giddybootz wrote: »
    he sits and chats with me while im in the shower

God that would bug the hell out of me. My sister was doing that to her bf the other day and I remember thinking to myself 'God love him, he can't get 5 mins on his own!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    He cooks yummy stuff for me and wont let me cook when hes not there in case i burn myself :)

I'm sorry, but I've just gotta ask about this one. :eek: Are you serious? And you actually see this as a good thing? Are you not worried about how you would ever cope if he wasn't around to cook for you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement