Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doppler!

• 15-06-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering has any body bought a doppler! And if so how did you get on?

Thanks xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I bought a Summer one from Argos but it wasn't until late pregnancy that I could hear the heartbeat loud and clear.

Sometimes you can't find it and that used to scare the bejesus out of me. So if you easily get panicy I wouldn't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

Thanks Adrieanne,

I think i will prob leave that idea alone for a while so, i would get myself into an awful state if i couldnt get a heartbeat! My doc says his doppler will pick up a heartbeat at 14 weeks maybe even 13 so i will make an appointment with him then, not long to wait till that, im nearly 11 weeks now! :D

Thanks again x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I bought one of the fetal dopplers similar to the one the doc uses. Found the heartbeat at 10 weeks but after a LOT (about 4 weeks) of hunting for it. It's really tough to find in the beginning, not advisable if you'd freak out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

I bought a Hi-Bebe BT200 sound doppler and it was the best thing i could have bought. I have used it to hear the baby's hb once or twice a week since 13 weeks. In that time I have been unable to find it only once or twice, and when I tried again a couple of hours later i found it easily. I am really glad that I have it and would totally recommended if you are always worrying like me, that everything is ok! Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

I have a friend who is 18 weeks pregnant and herself and her husband made their own doppler. They used the tube from a used kitchen roll :D Husband could hear heartbeat loud and clear :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I wasn't going to get a Doppler, but I had a very blue weekend a few weeks ago and kind of went a bit mad and bought one on Ebay. It came yesterday and we had a go (15.5 weeks) and after a bit of fiddling figured out that you have to press it into your belly a bit.

Sounded like a horse having a good ole gallop! Was lovely to hear as we haven't seen muggings in a month and a half now. It was about halfway between my pubic bone and belly button.

It was about €35 including the gel. PM me if you want details of the seller.

Advertisement