Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most honest man in Ireland - Finds winning Lotto ticket and searches for owner.

• 15-06-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Wow is all I have to say.
    The man who left a €350,000 winning Lotto ticket behind him in a Drogheda shop has promised to reward the honest shopkeeper who returned it to him yesterday.

Drogheda native Dermot Finglas (35), who lives at home with his parents, discovered his luck had changed yesterday when, against all the odds, his winning lotto ticket found its way home.

Although Dermot had left a local shop last Wednesday without the winning piece of paper, honest shopkeeper Tom Heavey put it aside, just in case.

When it later emerged that the ticket held the winning numbers, Tom released CCTV footage of the man who walked away without it. He was later identified as Dermot Finglas.

"He won't be stuck, that is for sure," said a stunned Dermot, referring to his new found friend Tom, the guardian of his changing fortunes, as he was presented with the ticket outside his home.

"It's a wonderful thing. For someone to be so honest in this day and age is shocking. The story should be about him."

As for Tom, he could have pocketed the winning ticket after his shop assistant rang him to say he had scooped the prize. He had written 'paid for – Tom' on the piece of paper and left it beside the till. Nobody would ever have known.

"But it was someone else's ticket and someone else's luck," he said yesterday. "I hope he and his family enjoy every penny of it.

"I shouted after him when he was leaving the shop that he had left the ticket behind but he didn't hear me, he had headphones on, and I ran after him but he was gone.

"I just put my name on it and (wrote) that it was paid for so it wouldn't be resold and put it beside the till thinking that the man would probably come back for it."

But Dermot never did. It was only yesterday morning when his father Dermot Snr saw his son in the newspapers on CCTV footage that the gravity of the situation became apparent.

"I went into him in the bed and I said to him: 'You are all over the papers'," recalled Dermot Snr.

"As soon as I saw the picture I knew it was him; I couldn't believe it."

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/jun/14/lot-of-euro-lotto-luck-as-mystery-winner-found/

That is actually unbelievable.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement