Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to replace my Lachesis!

Options
  • 15-06-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have finally decided to replace my Razer Lachesis mouse as its driving me nuts. For some reason the mouse pointer has gotten a life of its own and doesn't need me to move it around anymore! I believe this is a common problem with these mice?

Anyhoo, I love the mouse appearance wise but it has to go or I go! (Hmmm didn't think of that, maybe I will go)

So I am looking for recommedations for a good, slick looking, reliable alternative that will keep me happy for the foreseeable future!

Thanking you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Why not just buy a new Razer Lachesis? It really is a damm good mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Logitech G9 gets my vote as it has yet to let me down.

It's a little on the small side for large hands though.

I would go into PC World/Dixions as they usually have half dacent mice on display, see how they fit your hand and then order online.....

PC World are actually good for something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yes, totally recommend the G9, brilliant mouse.

Do NOT get the new razor mamba, it's a piece of crap mouse and a total waste of money.

I've thrown mine out the window, then gone downstairs and outside with a hammer and smashed it on the road in a fit of nerd rage at about 4am some weeks back. I could've sold it on maybe and not wasted so much money by smashing it up but really, I just felt so much better afterwards so I think it was worth the hammering it got. I'm still annoyed though that I wasted so much money on that mouse :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

uberpixie wrote:
    It's a little on the small side for large hands though

Er, just how large are your hands Pixie?! JCB-back-hoe-large?!?! :eek:

Another comparable mouse is the OCZ Behemoth, as the name suggests its an uberpixie-sized fella that's really quite vicious at high DPI :D Oh, and MemoryC are selling it at well under half the price that Komplett are charging for the G9 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Solitaire wrote: »
    Er, just how large are your hands Pixie?! JCB-back-hoe-large?!?! :eek:

Another comparable mouse is the OCZ Behemoth, as the name suggests its an uberpixie-sized fella that's really quite vicious at high DPI :D Oh, and MemoryC are selling it at well under half the price that Komplett are charging for the G9 :P

Sadly I have tiny soft girlie hands fit only for working in IT. I managed to inherit my fathers small hands and feet and my midget mothers height. Best of both worlds :mad:. (seriously most girsl have same sized if not bigger hands)

My mate has very long fingers and found the G9 a wee bit small, he liked the MS sidewinder a bit more bar the side buttons stopped working correctly: they did a double instead of a single press.

He was a bit miffed to discover this at a LAN were his crouch button became his crouch and stand back up and get shot in the face button.

Still he picked up a G9 cheap on komplett and is happy to have working side buttons again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Logitech mx518.
    Cant be beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

My Death Adder has finally packed in as well, I'll just be getting another one though. I originally had a G5 and like a few others found it a tad small. The OCZ looks decent but doubt there'd be anywhere for me to test it out so going to stick with the DA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Virgil° wrote: »
    Logitech mx518.
    Cant be beat.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, pretty happy. It has the traditional Logitech shape that fits so snugly into the palm. The only thing is that it's a wee bit on the small side like so many of Logitech's most recent offerings, but my hands would be quite big and I've gotten used to it.

The best mouse i've ever had though was a second hand Logitech wireless from before the days of laser mice. This had a big mad box of a receiver on the end of a USB cable, but you'd be hard pressed to find anything more comfortable for those with large hands. It seems a pity that Logitech don't make anything like it anymore (at least not on a large scale), but methinks the emerging Asian markets has caused all these companies to rethink the size of their mice. I'd still be using it, but for the tracking wheels are going a bit dead these days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

A lot of people used to chase around A4Tech stuff back in the day. A third of the price of Logitech's stuff back in the days where they and Logitech were the only peeps who made wireless desktop combos. Cheap, basic, ergonomic, responsive... and nigh-on indestructable. Bought my combo from Maplins years ago for €49 (the Logitech set was €140!) and its still alive and well today. Mice wheel's very much alive and well too, the real sign of quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thanks for the responses guys!

I do love my Lachesis but apparently the problem I am having with it is quite common place! So I don't think I will get another one!

I have been looking at the Roccat Kone which looks pretty decent and has some postive reviews!

What ya reckon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement