Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S quality going down?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I don't know, it could probably be just a sensation but this weekend I bough a pack of sushi (w/out raw fish) which was inedible, and an apricot tart which is also without any taste. I remember M&S food used to be better.

Any other reports? Probably I was just unlucky :(

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I adore M&S and think their ready meals-for-one are the absolute business. But they can be very hit and miss with some things. Their lemon drizzle cake is dry and tasteless, without a hint of lemon in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Generally, their food is of a superb standard. I'd say that you just got unlucky in your choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Might it be an idea to edit the title of this to, say, "M&S quality going down?" or something like that? It initially sounds like someone has the inside line on them going bust, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

AFAIK if you are unsatisfied with the product, they'll return your money and give you a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Alun wrote: »
    Might it be an idea to edit the title of this to, say, "M&S quality going down?" or something like that? It initially sounds like someone has the inside line on them going bust, or something.

sorry, I've retitled :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

olaola wrote: »
    AFAIK if you are unsatisfied with the product, they'll return your money and give you a replacement?

I'm too lazy, probably I was just unlucky :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

I've noticed the quality of some of their produce going down; there's absolutely no doubt about it. Particularly their packed sliced chicken and mini-fillets. Having said that, most of their stuff is still really good.

Advertisement