Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 450d

• 15-06-2009 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey
    After much researching I've decided to get a Canon 450d as my first 'proper' camera. Basically I'm wondering where to get it at a good price (its €999 in Argos) and whether to go for the two "Lens included with camera - EF-S 55-250mm IS f/4.0-5.6 lens and EF-S18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6 lens." or go for the one kit lens that comes with the camera at a cheaper price.

Also, this is being bought for me as a once in a lifetime present so I want to get the best setup I can rather than try it out and buy separate lenses later on.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I got mine in Jessops of Newry about a year ago for 700e.
    450D.
    4g card.
    Tamoran 70-300mm (Which I use most).
    Camera bag.
    and the 18-55 Kit lense.

You should be able to get this cheaper now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

€599 with kit lens HERE

Enjoy.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Freddie59 wrote: »
    €599 with kit lens HERE

Enjoy.:)

Yes but this link has a single lens - the 18 - 55. I think the OP was hoping for a 55 - 250 also.

OP - i've no idea as regards a deal on it. A lot of people here would take a trip up to Newry to Jessops or some have gone with Gunns of Wexford Street, Dublin. Both would be worth a call. Gunns are apparently (according to previous reports) just the last word when it comes to service. You can also go the foreign route but remember that you are likely to get charged import duty and taxes when you bring in equipment.

As regards, hoping not to buy separate lens later on - if you get bitten by the bug then the first thing you'll probably crave is a 50mm f1.8 or something similar - have an open mind - it will save you from beating yourself up at a later stage - It's all downhill after that :D

Good luck and do come back and show us some of the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I bought the 17-85 IS lens (40D kit lens) from adverts.ie for just €260. It was retailing at over €500 at the time. So look in there if you're looking for bits and pieces later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

NORTH1 wrote: »
    I got mine in Jessops of Newry about a year ago for 700e.
    450D.
    4g card.
    Tamoran 70-300mm (Which I use most).
    Camera bag.
    and the 18-55 Kit lense.

You should be able to get this cheaper now.

Been messing around with the same kit(my dad's)
    And the macro feature on the 70-300 is brilliant was amazed by it!
    A very good kit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tri-Newbie

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll put a bit of thought into it and maybe make a trip to Jessops before I buy. Last time I took any pics of note was with a borrowed kit, with separate light monitor so its been a while. Cant believe I've left it so long before doing this.
    I'll be sure to come back for some feedback on my efforts.
    Thanks Again:D:D

Advertisement