Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all Greyhound/Lucher owners: Wanna get together for walks?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hello! ;)

We recently adopted a rescued former-racing greyhound who is wonderful on a lead and very timid. She was reared with her brother and spent the 8 weeks or so before we took her in with a santuary with about 25 other sighthounds and so, is very comfortable around other dogs...

We met yesterday with a lady who has a greyhound and walked together for a while and the change in my dog was amazing, she totally came out of herself and love the company. When we parted, my dog was positively upset, whining etc.:o

This got me thinking about a group I know of, over in the UK: www.greyhoundwalks.org.uk which I intend on joining whenever we are over (hubbie is from Essex) there. I wonder if it would be possible to set up a similar group here?

This crowd started off fairly informally so if anyone wants to join me for a walk with your greyhound please feel free to PM me and maybe we can grow to a larger group?

Josie :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Hi
    Im definitley up for this, i'm living in Cork at the moment but in Waterford also some weekends. I have a lurcher I rehomed myself, and I know he would love some company on walks

If you need any help getting this group set up let me know, would love to be able to help somehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

PM sent :D;)

Advertisement