Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Pub on fire

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Just heard the Graduate in Killiney is up in flames... Any one near by that can post some photos.

Is it gutted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I thought someone had set Dustin Hoffman on fire for a minute there. *phew*

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

No but can see the smoke out the window. To far away to see whats happening though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just got a txt, apparently the Graduate Pub is currently ablaze.. will update if I hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Just pipped to the post with that breaking news

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055593190

Burnt to the ground apparently.

I just heard that it was the new chinese that went up and took the gradge with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Killiney, not Killkenny dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Whoops. I read that as Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

So when are the rumour cogs going to start up.

‘I heard from this lad, who know a guy that used to date one girls that worked there a few years back and he said that the fire was started by little green men in revenge for the Graduates Sky satellite interfering with their super computers ability to claim world domination’

it's been moved to the kilkenny forum though which isn't much use.

That's some quality modding right there! :pac::D

• Advertisement

Same As wrote: »
    That's some quality modding right there! :pac::D

Human error - it happens :pac:

Terry has sorted it now!

SO can this be moved back to the relevant place?? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I wonder if they'll bother rebuilding it now, Its been a while since I've been there but I dont think it's been that busy and if its proved its the fault of another business the owner may get a hefty insurance cheque and call it a day.

Supposedly a Chinese restaurant opened upstairs recently, not quite sure how business was going for them?

Already a thread in Dublin south on it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055593199

definitely wasn't the chinese judging by these pics

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

And off we go to Dublin South then. They can decide what to do with it :pac:

I wonder if they'll bother rebuilding it now, Its been a while since I've been there but I dont think it's been that busy and if its proved its the fault of another business the owner may get a hefty insurance cheque and call it a day.

When the new owners bought it, I heard they paid 9 million for it.

Some good pics G, jesus it looks wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Threads merged.

Great pics whoopsy. It really looks wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Was there, nothing left of it now, Killiney shopping CTR could now do with a lick of paint. :D

Nothing at all left? Madness! It'll be down to the Horse n Hound so!

Great Photos.

I'd say the traffic up that way will be at a standstill.

Shame to see it go I have to say. My wife's parents live round the corner, and we'd pop in there from time to time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Was there, nothing left of it now, Killiney shopping CTR could now do with a lick of paint. :D

Nothing? Wow, that was fast.
    I'll miss the place. Wonder if they'll rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Here ya go. Was up there a little while ago. It's getting destroyed!

The third one is a woman returning to her car to find the firemen had smashed her window to move it back from the building to allow the fire engine in. Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Shelly23

LOL the poor womans car. bit idiotic though to park beside a fire no??
    Have to drive by it on the way home in a few minutes, i'd say traffic will be mental!

It's a shame to see the gradge gutted, liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

lol it wasn't on fire when she first parked the car there!

Yeah it's a pity about the Graduate but I'm sure they'll rebuild it. The new chinese will probably have taken a lot of smoke in through the open window beside it. Apparently the window opens automatically so theres nothing they can do to keep the smoke out of the kitchen. The Rochestown road onto the round about is closed, or was earlier. The new road is the main way to go but the traffic is very heavy so avoid it if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Shelly23

The shopping centre was already pumping money into it to modernise it- wonder if its a conspiracy? burn down the place and make a nicer one off the insurance?! haha
    not sure i can avoid the sallynoggin by-pass, will have to endure the traffic jams i think. it might give me a chance to grab a pic or two along the way :)

Cheers Dr Dodger for the photos.

We have to slide round to in laws on the way home, but as mentioned I'd say traffic will be a bit on the mental side!

• Advertisement

Shelly23 wrote: »
    The shopping centre was already pumping money into it to modernise it- wonder if its a conspiracy? burn down the place and make a nicer one off the insurance?! haha
    not sure i can avoid the sallynoggin by-pass, will have to endure the traffic jams i think. it might give me a chance to grab a pic or two along the way :)

I'd hardly call that place a shopping centre! Though it looked nicer when they redesigned it.

I always knew they made a mistake by getting rid of the college upstairs!

Advertisement